The Jan 6 Commission hearings

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Horrifying! I did not realize Pence was so tiny (and light) that this gallows could actually hang him.
1663960182005.png

Or maybe it was just symbolic...

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
In the "You can't make this stuff" department:

>>>The accused took the stand in his own defence at trial, claiming that he "didn't know there was an actual building that was called the 'Capitol'".

"I feel like an idiot," he added.<<<

Too bad being an idiot isn't a defense. He pretty much nailed it

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

>>>The accused took the stand in his own defence at trial, claiming that he "didn't know there was an actual building that was called the 'Capitol'".

Obviously he'll run for the 2024 election you hope to have. :p

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord

But remember…
The right wingers that actually wear hitler mustaches, carry torches and espouse white nationalism aren’t fascists.

Edit: there really was a deeper reason I brought pee wee into the conversation in that other thread. ;)

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
But remember…
The right wingers that actually wear hitler mustaches, carry torches and espouse white nationalism aren’t fascists.

Edit: there really was a deeper reason I brought pee wee into the conversation in that other thread. ;)
I'll find you. ;)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I'll find you. ;)
You asked for it...

This, in a nutshell, is the modern conservative "argument" against any rational query, conversation, allegation, or other serious attempt at responsible governance:

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
You asked for it...

This, in a nutshell, is the modern conservative "argument" against any rational query, conversation, allegation, or other serious attempt at responsible governance:
You evil midget! I can never unsee that!

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
NY Times just reported that the House Jan 6th committee will be issuing a subpoena for Donald Trump to testify.

This would be interesting.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
NY Times just reported that the House Jan 6th committee will be issuing a subpoena for Donald Trump to testify.

This would be interesting.
I only see that they plan to vote on issuing a subpoena during the meeting.

Edit: Now they’ve voted.

>>>The House committee investigating the attack on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, voted Thursday to subpoena testimony and documents from former president Donald Trump, a dramatic culmination of its year-and-a-half-long investigation, and a sign that the committee wants to continue its work beyond this Congress.

This is a question about accountability to the American people,” Chairman Bennie G. Thompson (D-Miss.) said ahead of the vote. “He must be accountable.”

The unanimous vote came at the end of a meeting that also revealed new details about warnings from the Secret Service that armed supporters of Trump would go to the Capitol, with one agent describing that morning as the “calm before the storm.”<<<

Last edited:
MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
I only see that they plan to vote on issuing a subpoena during the meeting.

Edit: Now they’ve voted.

>>>The House committee investigating the attack on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, voted Thursday to subpoena testimony and documents from former president Donald Trump, a dramatic culmination of its year-and-a-half-long investigation, and a sign that the committee wants to continue its work beyond this Congress.

This is a question about accountability to the American people,” Chairman Bennie G. Thompson (D-Miss.) said ahead of the vote. “He must be accountable.”

The unanimous vote came at the end of a meeting that also revealed new details about warnings from the Secret Service that armed supporters of Trump would go to the Capitol, with one agent describing that morning as the “calm before the storm.”<<<

I remember the Watergate hearings that were televised. This will be far more interesting.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I wish they would get this Sh@t show over with, oh wait a minute, gotta keep it going, mid-terms are around the corner ;)

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I wish they would get this Sh@t show over with, oh wait a minute, gotta keep it going, mid-terms are around the corner ;)
Aren't you, as a card-carrying Law&Order Republican, in favour of accountability and to bring the insurrectionist and those part of the failed coup to justice? ;)

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Aren't you, as a card-carrying Law&Order Republican, in favour of accountability and to bring the insurrectionist and those part of the failed coup to justice? ;)
without question, but get it over with already. What some of you foreigners don't understand is there are plenty of Republicans that want rid of Trump and all his baggage just as much as the libs do :)

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
without question, but get it over with already. What some of you foreigners don't understand is there are plenty of Republicans that want rid of Trump and all his baggage just as much as the libs do :)
As an American you’re aware that Trump is in control of the Republican party and the base, or did you miss that? Or the huge number of Republican election deniers on the ballots? I think you should pay more attention to the world around you. ;)

Most Republicans with a spine and moral integrity has already left the party, or are on their way out. Just have a look at who the Republicans choose in their primaries, as a recent example.

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Under "normal" circumstances, such an inquiry might proceed more quickly. But, in this case, they have a lot of ducks to get in a row and that row has to be super straight - and that takes time.

The prospect of Trump - once again - weaseling his way out of being held responsible for his actions could just put more wind in his sails and inspire his cult followers.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis