T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Spartan
Kennedy was fired in April, mainly due to the bad shows I expect. One of the directors for Mandalorian, Dave Filoni, is currently in charge and I would say that is a good thing.
Hadn't heard that one. Lucas and Kennedy stopped giving a s#%t about the writing years ago and cared more about the merch. Disney should have never accepted her in the deal but they are also a company banking on good will of old properties and toy sales so they thought it was a plus. It only made bad things at Lucasfilm worse. It's all fun and games until you alienate fans with agenda programming and everything starts flopping. All of this s#%t is supposed to make money after all. Write a good, and original, story and more folks will tune into it no matter who is in it. Put s#%t like Obi Wan out there and you deserve everything that comes your way.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I was mostly just curious about a reason behind the "worst. show. ever." type statement you made.

I agree. There is some lazy writing in episode 3, along with some story choices that I would have prefered went a different way. I don't think it's all bad either. I've certainly seen worse in other shows over the years. There are still things I'm curious to see where they go with, although who knows how those results might be. In other words, it's a mixed bag but not that terrible that I feel I need to abandon the series already at this point.

As for the fire... Castles have fires, but the instant firestorm there was definitely a plot convenience. It looked to me that they were going the fire affecting the door control at the room and triggering some sort of cascading overload into the generator, which then exploded. They could have handled that better with a little more screen time and effort put in though. So yeah, lazy writing and relying upon the audience to try and find some sort of sensible fill in for the blanks there.

The gender stuff was mostly in response to the video that was posted. Sure, they are perhaps going a bit overboard on the affirmative castings these days, but nothing I see any point in getting so upset about. Society tends to over-react when it becomes cognizant of an old imbalance. It will pass and things will eventually normalize more going in forward I expect.
I have absolutely nothing against their creative department. Even nothing against their politics or religion. It’s their choice. But the lazy a$$ writing and directing just pissed me off. As you can tell.:D

If I said it was the “worst”, I meant that the now 3.7/10 ratings (and still dropping every hour) has to be the worst RATINGS for any SW series and the worst of any major network TV series - Disney, Apple, NEFLX, AMZN, etc.

By tomorrow the ratings will probably be 3.6 or 3.5. Seriously, have you seen worse ratings from any major networks?

I feel like getting popcorn just watching to see how low can this ratings go. :D

Last edited:
Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Episodes 1-6 and Rogue One are the best movies. Andor is the best show produced for Disney+. Mando had some decent episodes. Obi Wan had lots of potential, but sucked. Had a couple cool scenes, but overall story was trash. Have not wasted any more time with Ahsoka, Boba Fett and won't watch this Acolyte garbage.
Andor is boring and doesn't connect with Star Wars. I haven't seen one Jedi or anyone mention the Force in that show. And that guy Andor is a horrible, wooden, dispassionate actor.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Andor is boring and doesn't connect with Star Wars. I haven't seen one Jedi or anyone mention the Force in that show. And that guy Andor is a horrible, wooden, dispassionate actor.
1718460858462.png

Haha! You do you! You can like all the other garbage "Star Wars" shows you want. I will enjoy the quality show, Andor and Andor season 2 when it comes out.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
View attachment 67949

Haha! You do you! You can like all the other garbage "Star Wars" shows you want. I will enjoy the quality show, Andor and Andor season 2 when it comes out.
Tell me, what's quality about Andor? I don't see it. Many of the critics of Disney's Star Wars movies and TV shows point to Disney's injection of identity politics as being the crux of them being bad and not canon to Star Wars. However, many of those same critics point to Andor as being the only quality show. So I ask again, what's the quality of it? It's boring, heavy dialogue driven, no action, no Light Saber battles, no Empire, no Jedi, no Sith, just a lot of a boring, poor acting, stiff dispassionate dude playing the main part.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Tell me, what's quality about Andor? I don't see it. Many of the critics of Disney's Star Wars movies and TV shows point to Disney's injection of identity politics as being the crux of them being bad and not canon to Star Wars. However, many of those same critics point to Andor as being the only quality show. So I ask again, what's the quality of it? It's boring, heavy dialogue driven, no action, no Light Saber battles, no Empire, no Jedi, no Sith, just a lot of a boring, poor acting, stiff dispassionate dude playing the main part.
Yikes, you're one of those viewers. You need light saber battles, Jedi's, Sith, maybe some pod racing, maybe some Ewoks. Do you need some Chewbacca to quench your thirst?? hahaha, you sound like a 5-year-old.

There is a reason Andor has the high ratings it does. It's a prequel to Rogue One. There is an entire galaxy to explore in Star Wars, it's not just what you mentioned above. Rogue One is one of the best Star Wars movies since the originals. The direction, the writing was all top-notch. Andor was very similar. They got away from their other Disney+ piles of poop for once, and let a real writer and director make something of value. Which is Andor. We get to see another world. A dark underbelly of a world. What life is like outside the normal realm of what we're used to. It's a very character driven series, so they don't have rely on the cheap stupid action like all the other series. It was a dark series, and I can't wait to see where they go in season 2. The series should lead right into the events of Rogue One. :)

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Yikes, you're one of those viewers. You need light saber battles, Jedi's, Sith, maybe some pod racing, maybe some Ewoks. Do you need some Chewbacca to quench your thirst?? hahaha, you sound like a 5-year-old.

There is a reason Andor has the high ratings it does. It's a prequel to Rogue One. There is an entire galaxy to explore in Star Wars, it's not just what you mentioned above. Rogue One is one of the best Star Wars movies since the originals. The direction, the writing was all top-notch. Andor was very similar. They got away from their other Disney+ piles of poop for once, and let a real writer and director make something of value. Which is Andor. We get to see another world. A dark underbelly of a world. What life is like outside the normal realm of what we're used to. It's a very character driven series, so they don't have rely on the cheap stupid action like all the other series. It was a dark series, and I can't wait to see where they go in season 2. The series should lead right into the events of Rogue One. :)
Yes, I need Chewbacca, Yoda, Han, Luke, Vader, Jabba, Palpatine, R2, light saber battles, use of the force, Jedis, Siths, etc., or some connection to them because they are canon to Star Wars. No, I'm not 5 years old. I was a kid when Star Wars first came out and it was phenomenal because of all of those above.

BTW, I liked Rogue One, however, because it did connect directly to Star Wars canon. Even Darth Vader made an appearance in it. The least likable thing about Rogue One was Andor because he was wooden, dispassionate, and boring.

If you're going to have a character-driven series, the characters must be interesting. You can't name one character in Andor that stands out or that keeps you wanting to tune in. Andor is just not a good character. As much as I agree with many of the critics of these Star Wars movies and TV shows because many of them are true Star Wars fans and rightfully call out the so-called "Wokeness" that's being placed in stories, however, at the same time I can also see some of the backlashes are born out of, not love for Star Wars, but their own far right, conservative, ideologies.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Yes, I need Chewbacca, Yoda, Han, Luke, Vader, Jabba, Palpatine, R2, light saber battles, use of the force, Jedis, Siths, etc., or some connection to them because they are canon to Star Wars. No, I'm not 5 years old. I was a kid when Star Wars first came out and it was phenomenal because of all of those above.

BTW, I liked Rogue One, however, because it did connect directly to Star Wars canon. Even Darth Vader made an appearance in it. The least likable thing about Rogue One was Andor because he was wooden, dispassionate, and boring.

If you're going to have a character-driven series, the characters must be interesting. You can't name one character in Andor that stands out or that keeps you wanting to tune in. Andor is just not a good character. As much as I agree with many of the critics of these Star Wars movies and TV shows because many of them are true Star Wars fans and rightfully call out the so-called "Wokeness" that's being placed in stories, however, at the same time I can also see some of the backlashes are born out of, not love for Star Wars, but their own far right, conservative, ideologies.
That's what makes the series so great to begin with. Cassian is not a Jedi, or some type of "alien" from another planet. He's a straight up normal human being. He's not some flashy show boater type of character. He's a quieter type of "hero" in the Star Wars universe. Sure, at times you could say he's "boring", but it plays well within the overall story.

As far as other characters, I really liked Stellan Skarsgard's character Luthen Rael. I thought his character was developing into something awesome. The other "character" you could say was the Empire as a whole. The way things work on each planet. The leadership all over the fleet. It was great to see different dynamics of the Empire.

Another great thing about Andor is that they actually built the sets. Sure, some CGI was used, but overall, they built a ton of stuff. Compared to the other shows where almost everything was shot in front of a green screen. It's great seeing Directors build actual sets to make it seem more believable.

Backlash is brought on from everybody. Super fans, general fans and people just looking for something to watch. Doesn't matter which "side" a person's political persuasion they are on. But one thing is for certain, the quality of Disney as a whole is absolute trash. They no longer actually care about the story. They are pushing agendas and ruining everything they produce. Kathleen Kennedy should've been fired years ago, but her dumbass is still around. I can only hope once she's finally gone, Iger cleans house again and brings in people that actually care about the lore, the universe and the quality. The masses of people that would like to support more are sick and tired of the trash coming out from them. The only bright spot has been Andor, and I hope it stays that way with season 2. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
As predicted, Acolyte ratings is now 3.6/10 today.

Tune in tomorrow to see it go down to 3.5. :D

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
:rolleyes:

t’s not that bad.

I can think of many other shows that are significantly worse. :p

Of course, the one aspect which cannot be disputed is that it is a guarantee of the nostalgia of Star Wars that will forever curse anything not “made” by George Lucas.

Of course, pt ii: why is it that Empire, not directed by G.L. is considered the best of the original trilogy?

Anyway… I’m still excited and grateful to see the Star Wars Universe being continued. It doesn’t have to be high art, nor do I need to compare it to the greats of film in order to find enjoyment.

That’s just me I guess. *shrugs

:)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The 3rd episode was lame. Hoping the next episode will be more interesting. :)
3rd episode probably caused the IMDb Ratings to go down to 3.5/10.

Mandalorian = 8.6
Andor = 8.4
Ahsoka = 7.4
Boba Fett = 7.2
Obi-Wan = 7.1

Acolyte = 3.5 and dropping off the abyss.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Okay I was looking at the IMDb resumes of the writers credited for The Acolyte.

Some of them actually have good credits (House of the Dragon, Daisy Jones and the Six, Hand of God, WandaVision, Watchmen). But some of them have pathetic resumes (probably the writer for episode 3).

So there has got to be a few episodes that are good...unless some directors or some executives just didn't care about what's written and did their own stupid thing.

So I might give episode 4 a chance. See how fair I am? :D

Tankini

Tankini

Full Audioholic
Okay I was looking at the IMDb resumes of the writers credited for The Acolyte.

Some of them actually have good credits (House of the Dragon, Daisy Jones and the Six, Hand of God, WandaVision, Watchmen). But some of them have pathetic resumes (probably the writer for episode 3).

So there has got to be a few episodes that are good...unless some directors or some executives just didn't care about what's written and did their own stupid thing.

So I might give episode 4 a chance. See how fair I am? :D
Avocado? Umm The Acolyte? For some reason reminds me of these witches.:D

1718655648649.png

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Good lord. What a huge over reaction about this show. I just finished episode 3 and if I had not heard how bad it was supposed to be then I might have been disappointed. In comparison to what I was expecting, I liked it. :eek:

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Mandalorian had a couple bad episodes.

Even Breaking Bad gave us that crazy episode with the fly buzzing around. LOL :)

Tankini

Tankini

Full Audioholic
Mandalorian had a couple bad episodes.

Even Breaking Bad gave us that crazy episode with the fly buzzing around. LOL :)
Can't argue that, even GOT had some bad episodes, TWD, had their fair share bad episodes. HBO, True Detective only had one really good season, season 3 and 4 wasn't my taste. Even Yellowstone had some bad ones.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Acolyte rating is now down to 3.4/10. But I will probably be watching episode 4 tonight. :D

Mandalorian = 8.6
Andor = 8.4
Ahsoka = 7.4
Boba Fett = 7.2
Obi-Wan = 7.1
Acolyte = 3.4

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis