AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
This series has a current IMDb rating of 3.8/10 and dropping fast, but there’s not much left to fall. :D

I can’t think of another series that’s rated this low. Embarrassing.

Last edited:
D

dolynick

Audioholic
Just wait until you see episode 3. OMG. It's really bad. :D
What exactly did you hate so much about episode 3?

I mean it's not the greatest episodoe of Star Wars content, but your reaction to it seems extreme.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Spartan
Haven’t seen the show, and will not do so. I’m tired of Star Wars shows f#%king around in the past and f#%king up the continuity. This mess started in the 90’s with the Special Edition ep. IV, V and VI movies and then the s#%ty ep. I, II and III movies. I did like the space western that is The Mandalorian. Andor was well done enough but we know how that all ends. Ashoka was trying to stretch a thin story out over several episodes and Rosario Dawson looked bored.

Disney’s mistake was letting Lucas have anything he wanted in the deal. He’s having his own way still through Kennedy and they are really f#%king it up. I’m kinda done with it myself. I’ll give it all another chance only when the original theatrical cuts of ep. IV, V and VI are available again and ep. I, II, III, VII, VIII, IX and Solo are all destroyed.;)

This revisionist s#%t is out of control. Han f#%kin’ fired first!:p

Tankini

Tankini

Full Audioholic
How large is it? Picture?
Vader is about, 2 1/2 ft tall and his ship is umm about 3 ft tall and 3 ft wide. My Son is 45 years old, been having those two for years. He has a Vader, full size helmet that you can put on. He has a lot of movie memorabilia, There's this one, "Khalise GOT" figurine he won't give it to me, plus a "Rick Grimes" figurine of The Walking Dead.

Tankini

Tankini

Full Audioholic
Thanks for posting this, Don't think I'll be watching this, that was brutal enough. Some very bad acting just from those short takes. A thread really?! Since when did witches have anything to do with Star Wars.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Witches were introduced in one of the animated series, Clone Wars or Rebels, and well before showing up in Ahsoka.

:D

It’s not a bad show. Not great. Frankly par for the course for pretty much anything getting aired over the past decade.

D

dolynick

Audioholic
Since when did witches have anything to do with Star Wars.
Non-aligned force capable women have been referred to as witches before in extended Star Wars lore. If you're mainly limited to the film series then it wouldn't be familiar but I didn't see too much in that episode that was unprecedented in some way from other Star Wars stuff. Granted, I do think a lot of the extended lore is less than great but it's been around for a long time already.

Threads? It's essentially a force offshoot religious sect. It not unreasonable that they'd have their own mythology about things. I'm not suggesting that it was entirely well written or handled, but I'm willing to allow a little latitude on the attempt given the context they were going for here.

I could do without the whole immaculate conception thing again. But again... Not unprecedented. Palpatine gives his whole famous speech about how someone once figured out how to create life with the force. It was the crux of how Vader came to be. Trotting it out again in this way is "meh", but at least it has more grounds for explanation than Anakin's conception out of nowhere.

There are some valid critisms in that video, but mostly it's just an edge lord take choosing to stir up gender politics drama. Why? Because he'll get more views being controversial and starting a fire, plus he's pandering to his fanbase too. If you go in for that sort of thing, cheer on I guess. I personally think that his agenda and the way he chose to frame his critique is more toxic than anything he's railing about in the show.

I mean, it's a coven of witches. Of course it's female dominated. Get over it. All of them being dead on the floor like that from the fire? Sure, that merits question. I'm sure what really happened there is going to be a plot point going forward though. Not the most artful of ways to handle it but not exactly unusual too.

Anyways... I'm not really trying to make excuses for all the show's faults, but some of it isn't entirely out of left field. Being the lead 3D artist for a fairly well regarded Star Wars game mod though, I've been watching fandom try to eat itself over silly reasons and arguments for years now and it's always kind of irksome when I see it. I get wanting better crafted shows, but the way some of it tries to be entirely burnt down isn't really constructive either.

J

JorisU

Audiophyte
I like it too when they try to add new layers to the 'Star Wars' mythology. It may not always work out perfectly, but trying to explain and expand the world is always interesting.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
What exactly did you hate so much about episode 3?

I mean it's not the greatest episodoe of Star Wars content, but your reaction to it seems extreme.
Is a rating of 3.8/10 seem extreme? It is. That's how BAD it is.

The writing is just bad.

OK. This Witches Stone Fortress is made of stone everywhere. If a stupid kid wants to kill her twin by lighting one little journal/book (which literally explodes into flames, which is stupid), the whole STONE fortress crashes and burns in flames in a few minutes?

That's just one LITTLE example of how stupid the writing is.

It's not worth typing about to argue.

If you think it's NOT bad at all, I don't see the point of debating.

But I will say this. I don't mind them making FEMALES STRONG. I love STRONG FEMALES. I don't mind the entire Witch colony is made of females. That's great. No problem. But the writing is just plain stupid.

Do you have any SPECIFIC questions?

Last edited:
Tankini

Tankini

Full Audioholic
Non-aligned force capable women have been referred to as witches before in extended Star Wars lore. If you're mainly limited to the film series then it wouldn't be familiar but I didn't see too much in that episode that was unprecedented in some way from other Star Wars stuff. Granted, I do think a lot of the extended lore is less than great but it's been around for a long time already.

Threads? It's essentially a force offshoot religious sect. It not unreasonable that they'd have their own mythology about things. I'm not suggesting that it was entirely well written or handled, but I'm willing to allow a little latitude on the attempt given the context they were going for here.

I could do without the whole immaculate conception thing again. But again... Not unprecedented. Palpatine gives his whole famous speech about how someone once figured out how to create life with the force. It was the crux of how Vader came to be. Trotting it out again in this way is "meh", but at least it has more grounds for explanation than Anakin's conception out of nowhere.

There are some valid critisms in that video, but mostly it's just an edge lord take choosing to stir up gender politics drama. Why? Because he'll get more views being controversial and starting a fire, plus he's pandering to his fanbase too. If you go in for that sort of thing, cheer on I guess. I personally think that his agenda and the way he chose to frame his critique is more toxic than anything he's railing about in the show.

I mean, it's a coven of witches. Of course it's female dominated. Get over it. All of them being dead on the floor like that from the fire? Sure, that merits question. I'm sure what really happened there is going to be a plot point going forward though. Not the most artful of ways to handle it but not exactly unusual too.

Anyways... I'm not really trying to make excuses for all the show's faults, but some of it isn't entirely out of left field. Being the lead 3D artist for a fairly well regarded Star Wars game mod though, I've been watching fandom try to eat itself over silly reasons and arguments for years now and it's always kind of irksome when I see it. I get wanting better crafted shows, but the way some of it tries to be entirely burnt down isn't really constructive either.
Haven't any Interests of watching this dumpster.

"I mean, it's a coven of witches. Of course it's female dominated. Get over it."

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Haven't any Interests of watching this dumpster.

"I mean, it's a coven of witches. Of course it's female dominated. Get over it."
“I don’t mind the little things”. That’s a quote from “Point of No Return”. :D

So I don’t mind a lot of things. If they want to change everything about Star Wars, I’m even okay with that.

But I just can’t stand the stupid writing. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Haven’t seen the show, and will not do so. I’m tired of Star Wars shows f#%king around in the past and f#%king up the continuity. This mess started in the 90’s with the Special Edition ep. IV, V and VI movies and then the s#%ty ep. I, II and III movies. I did like the space western that is The Mandalorian. Andor was well done enough but we know how that all ends. Ashoka was trying to stretch a thin story out over several episodes and Rosario Dawson looked bored.

Disney’s mistake was letting Lucas have anything he wanted in the deal. He’s having his own way still through Kennedy and they are really f#%king it up. I’m kinda done with it myself. I’ll give it all another chance only when the original theatrical cuts of ep. IV, V and VI are available again and ep. I, II, III, VII, VIII, IX and Solo are all destroyed.;)

This revisionist s#%t is out of control. Han f#%kin’ fired first!:p
Kennedy was fired in April, mainly due to the bad shows I expect. One of the directors for Mandalorian, Dave Filoni, is currently in charge and I would say that is a good thing.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Kennedy was fired in April, mainly due to the bad shows I expect. One of the directors for Mandalorian, Dave Filoni, is currently in charge and I would say that is a good thing.
I was looking and it didn’t look like Filoni or Favreau were involved in Acolyte that I could see. Perhaps I’m wrong. Kennedy’s name is still in the credits as exec producer.
*shrugs
Otherwise I agree that when both DF and JF are involved, things are pretty solid. ;)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I was looking and it didn’t look like Filoni or Favreau were involved in Acolyte that I could see. Perhaps I’m wrong. Kennedy’s name is still in the credits as exec producer.
*shrugs
Otherwise I agree that when both DF and JF are involved, things are pretty solid. ;)
These shows that are coming out now were likely filmed last year, so they would still credit her. Dave is "acting" president, presumably until they find the right person to take over, or maybe it could be him. It is interesting they didn't go with Favreau.

So far, other than Mando, none of the shows have been very good. Maybe a few entertaining episodes, but the shows feel poorly developed.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I've been watching fandom try to eat itself over silly reasons and arguments for years now and it's always kind of irksome when I see it.
As I've said, I'm not a diehard SW fan. I couldn't care less if they tried to completely change everything about the SW universe.

I don't care if there's not a single male in the series. I don't care if they want to write about females ruling the galaxy. I don't mind about a lot of things.

But the writing and directing is just crap.

Last edited:
D

dolynick

Audioholic
But the writing and directing is just crap.
I was mostly just curious about a reason behind the "worst. show. ever." type statement you made.

I agree. There is some lazy writing in episode 3, along with some story choices that I would have prefered went a different way. I don't think it's all bad either. I've certainly seen worse in other shows over the years. There are still things I'm curious to see where they go with, although who knows how those results might be. In other words, it's a mixed bag but not that terrible that I feel I need to abandon the series already at this point.

As for the fire... Castles have fires, but the instant firestorm there was definitely a plot convenience. It looked to me that they were going the fire affecting the door control at the room and triggering some sort of cascading overload into the generator, which then exploded. They could have handled that better with a little more screen time and effort put in though. So yeah, lazy writing and relying upon the audience to try and find some sort of sensible fill in for the blanks there.

The gender stuff was mostly in response to the video that was posted. Sure, they are perhaps going a bit overboard on the affirmative castings these days, but nothing I see any point in getting so upset about. Society tends to over-react when it becomes cognizant of an old imbalance. It will pass and things will eventually normalize more going in forward I expect.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis