Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery..Definitely worth the price of a Movie Ticket

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Fortuantely, in my area, I had plenty of viewing options to see Glass Onion, A Knives out Mystery, so we took advantage of it. Having enjoyed the first movie so much, this was a no brainer. Much like the first, it was this is another great example of satirical mystery storytelling. Even with the large cast ensemble, the move create a well told story with interesting and funny characters that will keep your attention and draw you in. There are a significant number of cameos which adds to the fun and well worth the price of admission. The formula is similar to the first, but a little more predictable.

It almost makes me forgive Rian Johnson's nuclear destruction of the Star Wars Movies..almost, but not quite ;) Please make a third Knives Out film and also please stay away from science fiction LOL

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I thought the first one was fun. We'll be checking this one out too.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Fortuantely, in my area, I had plenty of viewing options to see Glass Onion, A Knives out Mystery, so we took advantage of it. Having enjoyed the first movie so much, this was a no brainer. Much like the first, it was this is another great example of satirical mystery storytelling. Even with the large cast ensemble, the move create a well told story with interesting and funny characters that will keep your attention and draw you in. There are a significant number of cameos which adds to the fun and well worth the price of admission. The formula is similar to the first, but a little more predictable.

It almost makes me forgive Rian Johnson's nuclear destruction of the Star Wars Movies..almost, but not quite ;) Please make a third Knives Out film and also please stay away from science fiction LOL
It's unfortunate that Netflix will only have this movie in theaters for 1 week. Unless that's changed? I heard theaters are very upset that Netflix won't leave it in theaters for the holidays. It drops Dec. 23rd on Netflix. Perfect time, right on the Christmas weekend.

So Avatar 2 will be dominating pretty much all screens for the holidays this year. There are only a few other movies people can go to besides Avatar 2. Puss in Boots 2, The menu and Wakanda Forever. Which will all be playing on the super small screens. I heard Disney bought up every single IMAX, 3D and normal large screens across the country for Avatar 2. So basically everything else will be way down the hall in theaters 10-15.... haha :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Babylon drops Dec. 23 in theaters. I plan on seeing that during that week, so I guess it will be on a smaller screen lol. Avatar blah. I don't think there is as much interest in Avatar as they think and with a few big flops this year, they need it to do well. What I read, and it seems to go along with what you say about them buying up screens, is Avatar 2 was so expensive that they need to break records in order to break even on it.

Last edited:
M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Babylon drops Dec. 23 in theaters. I plan on seeing that during that week, so I guess it will be on a smaller screen lol. Avatar blah. I don't think there is as much interest in Avatar as they think and with a few big flops this year, they need it to do well. What I read, and it seems to go along with what you say about them buying up screens, is Avatar 2 was so expensive that they need to break records in order to break even on it.
Babylon looks interesting, but for me it seems like a streaming movie. At over 3 hours the movie is going to bomb in theaters. Not many people care to watch a movie about Hollywood. I'm only going to watch it when it hits physical disc, because I like the actors in the movie. :D

Haha, yeah James Cameron said they need to make $2 billion on Avatar 2 to break even. haha not sure if that is correct, but crazy to think if it was true. From things I've seen, with marketing included the cost was around $400 million. I saw a projection yesterday that said "Avatar 2 could make over $500 million globally on opening weekend". That would be one hell of a weekend if that happened!

With Disney's stock plummeting, their movies failing and streaming numbers going down, they need Avatar 2 to be huge!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Babylon looks interesting, but for me it seems like a streaming movie. At over 3 hours the movie is going to bomb in theaters. Not many people care to watch a movie about Hollywood. I'm only going to watch it when it hits physical disc, because I like the actors in the movie. :D
I like this kind of film generally, but they can be hit or miss. I don't think they're hoping to make huge money with it, they're after awards to drive people to view it after. Licorice Pizza is a good example - it looked great and was kind of a flat letdown. It was good, but not an Oscar contender IMO.

Haha, yeah James Cameron said they need to make $2 billion on Avatar 2 to break even. haha not sure if that is correct, but crazy to think if it was true. From things I've seen, with marketing included the cost was around $400 million. I saw a projection yesterday that said "Avatar 2 could make over $500 million globally on opening weekend". That would be one hell of a weekend if that happened!

With Disney's stock plummeting, their movies failing and streaming numbers going down, they need Avatar 2 to be huge!
When you drop that many back to back flops, your bottom line hurts.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis