killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Here is a chunky dupstep bass line for you: Badklaat - Decoy. I am loving the bass on this one. Very heavy tune, crank the subs hot! This would be a good soundtrack to a tense drug exchange at midnight on a darkened pier. And yes, this tune sounds as brutal as that spectrogram looks.

A bit like Dust Bros.

NorseMythology

NorseMythology

Junior Audioholic
This is great! GREAT! I'm sending you a friend request! ;)
Either you didn't sent it or I don't know where to look lmao.

Here is another one that can test the dynamic range of your system and make your ears bleed if it is too loud.

Sadly I find the youtube version to be subpar but it sounds great on Deezer (recently got a 90 day trial for, may be still going on?)

NorseMythology

NorseMythology

Junior Audioholic
What do you use to analyze the songs directly (not after playback)?

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
What do you use to analyze the songs directly (not after playback)?
Thanks for another recommendation.

I don't have the equipment to analyze. I posted a few sub-candys, but it was by ear. That's why I asked here about that Madonna song. I'm guessing it is not all that deep, but it is a very pretty bass sound.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Here is a tune with some pretty deep bass from the genre that really turbocharged my interest in music: Velocette - Space Q. This comes from the mid 90's. I quite liked music before than but it was mostly some particular recording or a few tracks from a certain album. I was a young teenager and wasn't really a fan of any genre in particular, but did love certain albums and tracks. Electronic ambient music, as it was conceived in the early to mid 90s, changed that. It majorly expanded my ideas of what music could be, and I was totally hooked on this type of music from the moment I discovered it. Before then I thought all music was structured a certain way, and had to have certain things; it was something of an ossified art form for me at that time (I did not have access or knowledge of a wider world of music at that point). Ambient music changed all of that for me ('ambient' here is a misnomer; it can definitely be more than background music). I wouldn't be into audio nearly as much today if this genre hadn't pulled me into music so hard. I doubt anyone listening to this particular tune now will get why or how this sort of music could strike such a chord in someone, but I suppose you would have to be where I was when it hit me.

Regarding this particular tune, it is very mellow, great for chilling out late night. The bass isn't extremely powerful but it extends very deep (single digit frequencies) and has a very dense spectral character. It is an odd use of low-frequencies but so many tunes like this were experimental.

This is great. I certainly am not setup for single digits but my sub rolls off clean. Will have to play this again when I get my new subs. There’s an few odd or maybe unexpected moments in this track. I like at 2:40 through 3:10 especially in the track. :)

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Been awhile since I posted in this thread, and a reason for that is because my MOTU sound card has had some issues with my desktop PC so I haven't had it connected, but the spectrogram software I used needs that card. So for today's episode of Subwoofer Candy I will use Sonic Visualizer.

Mid 2000's Drum'n'Bass is a mixed bag for me but there are some tracks I absolutely adore, and the SPL remix of Muffler's Embrace is one of them. The bass doesn't dig all that low, but it still sounds meaty thanks to the growling harmonics. If you don't feel the bass line and kick drums punching you in the chest, you don't have this tune turned up to appropriate volume levels.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Here is a strange little ditty: HKE c AUT2M - Next Level. There is a lot of bass weirdness going in this tune, it's good fun for subs. Also digs down below 30 Hz. Good wholesome family fun, definitely give it a spin.

That was fun!
Love this thread. Haven’t had a chance to dig through here for awhile. Good stuff.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
First of all, hi guys! Nothing really new to report here. I still have all the same system and components and I'm still super happy with everything. I guess that's the reason I'm not on as often. I'm about as upgraded as I can get at this point!

Anyhoo, I just heard the new Eminem and this one is true subwoofer candy. This makes my whole house rattle!

killshot-1.png

As you can see here, we are very deep into the low 20's. Almost sub sonic. You can feel this one almost more than hear it. That bass line runs through the whole track too. When I heard this I had to share with you guys. Crank this one up (if your system can handle it!)! You'll be picking up pictures that rattle off your walls.

Disclaimer: I've never been a big Eminem fan, but this is some really deep, powerful and smooth bass.

NorseMythology

NorseMythology

Junior Audioholic

This song is near the top of my list for when my sub arrives.

If the slow atmospheric intro is too long, at least scroll ahead to 2:45 ;)

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is a crazy ass experimental dubstep tune that uses all kinds of twisted bass. I like the sound of it. I don't have my spectrograph software installed on this computer so I can't tell how deep it digs right off hand, but its sounds like it might be digging into some pretty deep frequencies. Give this tune a try if you want to give your subs something to do.
https://soundcloud.com/dreamcatalogue%2Faut2m-black-dawn

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
A New York - South Korean chillstep/hip-hop artist rappin' in Korean?! Give it here...

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
If you like your bass mean and threatening: Machine Code - Machine Freak. This is a kick-ass sound, but the person who made this is not someone I want to meet in a dark alley. Go on, crank your subs and scare the neighborhood children:

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Used some sub bass enhancement on the Behringer DCX2496, for Madonna, to justify my JBL sub bass. :D

Between 45Hz 53Hz has typical strong bass beat that most full-range speakers can play.

View attachment 27253
Thank you very much! Please don't find me rude or ungrateful, I do appreciate your time and effort but this is the time of the season for wine business, I'm buried in work for another two weeks. Barely logged in once for the last two months.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is a classic that is best listened to on a late night cruise: Gen - Rhythmicon. Not extremely deep bass, but very nice rhythm on the bass line and all-around chilled to perfection. Classic drum'n'bass tune.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis