S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is an easy-going tune that I dig from an artist/s that I dig: 2814 - 赤い夜明け. 2814 is some kind of music producer, I don't know if its a group or just one person, but 'they' make some really nice chilled out music, and here is a nice example how how deep bass can be used for a relaxing effect instead of a brawny thumping sensation that you get from harder hitting genres like dubstep. This is deep bass that is oddly soothing!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is something from the 'trap' genre of electronic music, which sounds like traditional hip-hop rhythms but with a stronger emphasis on bass composition. In effect, the bass line is the lead instrument, unlike most music where it merely gives some foundation to the rhythm. THEOS - n i k a. The crazy bass jumps all over the place, I love it! Aside from the wacky bass, a nice dark, atmospheric tune.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Just new to this again after updating my sub and going UHD. I love this thread. I have airplay from my iphone to my HT system on my Yamaha (Rythmik LVX12 sub) and it is wonderful to dial up these tracks and enjoy the bass goodness. Keep it going!
I love your setup with the dual subs by the way. Jealous a little bit. :)

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is a chunky dupstep bass line for you: Badklaat - Decoy. I am loving the bass on this one. Very heavy tune, crank the subs hot! This would be a good soundtrack to a tense drug exchange at midnight on a darkened pier. And yes, this tune sounds as brutal as that spectrogram looks.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is a strange little ditty: HKE c AUT2M - Next Level. There is a lot of bass weirdness going in this tune, it's good fun for subs. Also digs down below 30 Hz. Good wholesome family fun, definitely give it a spin.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is an offbeat tune with a strange bassline: Grave Ploy - Jomi.rar. Pretty chilled out and atmospheric. This is another opium den tune, very trippy, low-down, and laid-back.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
So I am listening to a Kryptic Minds mix, and this tune comes on and it sounds amazing. I don't know what it is titled or if it was ever even released, but it is kicking my ass. I did some google searches but I can't seem to find anything about it, except that it is by Kryptic Minds. If you like real dubstep, not that screechy crap that Skrillex and all of his imitators produce (which is really just techno with no breaks in bass line), this is it. I am listening to this tune right now, and I am forced to the conclusion that this may well be the finest musical recording ever created. I will accept no debate on this point.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is some dubstep cheese that I happen to like: The Streets - In The Middle (Nero Remix) This one has had me bobbing my head ever since it was released. I am guessing the sound of this type of dubstep will not age well, but I don't care, I likes what I likes. Nice melody in the bass line.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
At almost exactly 50 minutes into episode 10 of Luke Cage, season 2, a song comes on that has some very deep bass, but I can't find the same version anywhere else.

This is a different version, but if you have Netflix check out that version on Luke Cage. Season 2, episode 10. The bassline goes and octave or 2 lower in that version. I don't know how to rip audio from Netflix or I would, so no chart to go with this. I posted the version I found on youtube so you know what song to listen for, but like I said, the Netflix version goes a lot lower.

During my search for the same version I heard it started growing on me. It's not a bad song.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey rojo! Thanks! The curiosity was killing me! Looks like it does dip down into the 20's at some spots. I'm not surprised because I could feel it more than hear it and the walls were rattling.

Have you watched any of the new season or did you just go to the song? I feel like I've seen better, but the next day I kept thinking about it. To me that's a sign I liked it more than I thought I did.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Hey rojo! Thanks! The curiosity was killing me! Looks like it does dip down into the 20's at some spots. I'm not surprised because I could feel it more than hear it and the walls were rattling.

Have you watched any of the new season or did you just go to the song? I feel like I've seen better, but the next day I kept thinking about it. To me that's a sign I liked it more than I thought I did.
It's a television show? I just happened across the track on SoundCloud and dug it. Thought I'd share. What show is it from?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It's a television show? I just happened across the track on SoundCloud and dug it. Thought I'd share. What show is it from?
This is a different version, but if you have Netflix check out that version on Luke Cage. Season 2, episode 10. The bassline goes and octave or 2 lower in that version. I don't know how to rip audio from Netflix or I would, so no chart to go with this. I posted the version I found on youtube so you know what song to listen for, but like I said, the Netflix version goes a lot lower.
;):p

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Lol I see. No, when I said, "Here", that was not in response to your post. The song I linked is literally named "Here". Here by capshun. Not Faith Evans and Notorious B.I.G. Sorry to get your hopes up.

I haven't made it to episode 10 yet. If I think about it, when I reach episode 10 maybe I'll try to rip the audio and run it through Sonic Visualiser for you.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Lol I see. No, when I said, "Here", that was not in response to your post. The song I linked is literally named "Here". Here by capshun. Not Faith Evans and Notorious B.I.G. Sorry to get your hopes up.

I haven't made it to episode 10 yet. If I think about it, when I reach episode 10 maybe I'll try to rip the audio and run it through Sonic Visualiser for you.
Wooooow... that's funny! I thought you posted the chart for my song. I didn't even see the "here" was hotlinked... lol!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is a tune with some pretty deep bass from the genre that really turbocharged my interest in music: Velocette - Space Q. This comes from the mid 90's. I quite liked music before than but it was mostly some particular recording or a few tracks from a certain album. I was a young teenager and wasn't really a fan of any genre in particular, but did love certain albums and tracks. Electronic ambient music, as it was conceived in the early to mid 90s, changed that. It majorly expanded my ideas of what music could be, and I was totally hooked on this type of music from the moment I discovered it. Before then I thought all music was structured a certain way, and had to have certain things; it was something of an ossified art form for me at that time (I did not have access or knowledge of a wider world of music at that point). Ambient music changed all of that for me ('ambient' here is a misnomer; it can definitely be more than background music). I wouldn't be into audio nearly as much today if this genre hadn't pulled me into music so hard. I doubt anyone listening to this particular tune now will get why or how this sort of music could strike such a chord in someone, but I suppose you would have to be where I was when it hit me.

Regarding this particular tune, it is very mellow, great for chilling out late night. The bass isn't extremely powerful but it extends very deep (single digit frequencies) and has a very dense spectral character. It is an odd use of low-frequencies but so many tunes like this were experimental.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Kye Grant - Fall ft Rhea Robertson

Hey, while I'm thinking about it, I meant to post a link to Wavelen's High Tea Minimix quite some time ago, but I must've seen something shiny and gotten distracted. Anyway, there are many excellent tunes in that mix, some of which will make your subwoofers happy. It's a smooth mix reminiscent of High Contrast, or of Fred V & Grafix or other Hospital Records artists. This mix features tunes employing more midrange harmonic lines than dissonance, although there are a few pinches of dubstep seasoning the mix. I think it's what shadyJ might call a Sunday afternoon mix. I'm not bothering to capture a spectrogram because a 10-second visualization is truly a poor representation of the diverse textures and ranges in this mix.

Last edited:
NorseMythology

NorseMythology

Junior Audioholic
Found a tune that had a great sound tonight, I am loving the sound of this one: Distance - Clash. I have been trawling through a bunch of mixes by Distance, this guy has a great ear for interesting sounds. This tune has some fat bass and a panoramic sense of sound. This ought to be played loud!

Check out this one called Titan by Cyrus and Distance.

NorseMythology

NorseMythology

Junior Audioholic
Reminds me of some Hans Zimmer, I can see the Jokers impending chaos being driven by this song.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis