Sub upgrade opinions

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
If your Lady/partner can walk into that room and be like, "My god you moved the couch how dare you..."

I say weeks, if not months would go by without noticing.

:D
It's a mess right now as we just replaced the TV with that 65" Samsung Q80 that has the box sitting there, and we just had to have the kitchen sink/faucet replaced, so stuff is displaced all over. Trash day is only 2 more days and the cardboard goes away though. LOL

What I mainly meant was that I can't put stuff on the floor easily by the TV due to the walk path to the front door unless it ends up in the alcove once I hang the TV. :)

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Oh, and it's WIFE................. But she honestly doesn't care as I can't even get a response from her about which sub finish color or style she would prefer..

Thanks.
You'll get a response when the box shows up at the Door LMAO

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
Probably, but what did we decide makes most sense? Which approach from my post #20 ?

If it's the PC2000 in the corner, I'd probably get the pro version now just for easier setup since I can't reach back their easily and then look at a second one down the road.

If it's still a VTF-3 MK5HP, then I'd just get it alone for now and swap it out with the table under the plant, and let it serve as the coffee table.

Might be easier to fit to of the smaller sized PC2000's in the room realistically, but I'm not sure how much less performance it would give over the VTF-3.

Last edited:
NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
If you can do two PC-2000's (eventually) instead of only one VTF-3 I'd go that route.

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
If you can do two PC-2000's (eventually) instead of only one VTF-3 I'd go that route.

Size wise, I've got a much better chance of getting two of these in the space for sure. Whether that is one stuffed in the corner and one behind/beside the plant stand, or one under the TV once it's mounted.

I can get the older PC2000 for cheaper, but the new one sure looks like an improvement if for no other reason than the wireless setup. Only wish it had wireless signal transfer built in so I didn't have to use a separate wireless transfer device at back of the room.

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
Well, the Deed is done.

I ordered a single SVS PC-2000 Pro to try out. Given the smaller footprint and the reasonable output, it seems logical to me to try it out.

The longer term plan as mentioned would be to possibly come back for a second one in the near future depending on how this one works out for us.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
It's a Term of Endearment :) Congratulations your life is now changed

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Well, the Deed is done.

I ordered a single SVS PC-2000 Pro to try out. Given the smaller footprint and the reasonable output, it seems logical to me to try it out.

The longer term plan as mentioned would be to possibly come back for a second one in the near future depending on how this one works out for us.
Congrats!!! :)

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
Thanks Gents (and ladies if appropriate). No offense taken, just needed some context. LOL :)

Appreciate the well wishes and look forward to getting some low end back in place. Going to get that TV hung sooner rather than later too. If nothing else, I can get my receiver and DVD out of the cabinet and on top then. :)

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I think Mazer says that whenever someone buys something good.

And congrats, it should be a night and day difference over the def tech "sub". It was an amazing difference when I went from a def tech SC4000 to an old 12" car audio driver I had in the attic to tide me over til I built my UM-18

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah the DT sub isn’t even anywhere near the PC2k pro. Congratulations!
For the future a PB instead of a PC could go next to/under the plant(unless your wife waters like mine)lol.

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
Thanks guys. I'm hoping the one PC-2000 is enough until I can get more space and upgrade down the road, but the shape makes it more flexible to move to a few spots. It should be an improvement over the deftech for sure and it can graduate with me as we improve the existing system.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks guys. I'm hoping the one PC-2000 is enough until I can get more space and upgrade down the road, but the shape makes it more flexible to move to a few spots. It should be an improvement over the deftech for sure and it can graduate with me as we improve the existing system.
I had a DT 8in many years ago in an apartment. It’s not a sub at all. This SVS PC2000 sub will be a game changer. You should dust off all your action movies. T2, Pacific Rim, Equalizer, Dark Knight, Mad Max Fury Road, Etc. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
12.5' D x 42' L x 9' H... Living room is 12.5 x 16 of that space...Definitive ProSub 800 just died.
1. Was this little 8" sub used in your current room?
2. How was the bass performance?

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Please post your Reaction when it arrives. Also pictures please

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis