isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Any Thoughts on This driver?

Thank you
Looks pretty good ? What’s the question ??

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Any Thoughts on This driver?

Thank you
Pretty awful driver I would guess. It is basically a car sub driver with a very high VC inductance. Its Fs is on the high side.
I bet if I formally modelled it, it would not look good.

If you are serious about using it, I will model it for you. That driver does not tempt me.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Looks pretty good ? What’s the question ??
Now you are here being totally uninformed....don't you know a car driver when you see it ?
I didn't bother to mention it since the OP is being a minimalist.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Now you are here being totally uninformed....don't you know a car driver when you see it ?
I didn't bother to mention it since the OP is being a minimalist.
I wouldn’t use this for anything but a car yeah . I don’t know what he wanted it for.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
My diy sub is stereo integrity, check them out.
There may be better pro subs though.
This site has info on quality drivers .
If you’re going to build a sub.

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

ok ty won't use it
It would be really helpful, if you could tell us what you want to do. If you give detailed specs of your needs, I can help you pick a driver and do an accurate model.

It will get really old if you start selecting random drivers. I have helped quite a few members with subs over the years. So far none have complained, but may be are too polite to. Anyhow, I can help you, if you help me.

Your first post in the unhelpful time wasting category.

F

flippo

Full Audioholic
I was thinking of replacing my Infinity 12vq since I need to rebuild it anyways(looking worn). Probably just rebuild cabinet of existing sub,

F

flippo

Full Audioholic
I built the sub using the plans that are a sticky on this forum.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

I built the sub using the plans that are a sticky on this forum.
That is a bad idea. Most of those drivers have failed by now. Yours must just about be the "last man standing."

I would strongly recommend you do a new design from scratch.

F

flippo

Full Audioholic
Can you tell me a good driver? A 10 or 12 in. would be sufficient for me. Music 95% of time with Classical my favorite (also listen to other Genres). Room is not huge. TY

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Can you tell me a good driver? A 10 or 12 in. would be sufficient for me. Music 95% of time with Classical my favorite (also listen to other Genres). Room is not huge. TY
By the time you buy a driver and amp, you are up to the cost of this....might as well just buy that.

F

flippo

Full Audioholic
I will Probably Stick with what I have till it breaks. TY everybody!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

I will model this driver for you tomorrow. It looks promising.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

I will Probably Stick with what I have till it breaks. TY everybody!
That driver I selected is a dead ringer looser. So stay away from that, it did not model well at all.

However I had a design on file that will make an excellent sub.

The driver is the Dayton RSS15HF-4 12" from their reference series.

The vents are on the long side, so you will either need a bend in them of put them vertically and have then exit from the bottom of the enclosure.

This should be an excellent sub and be very good for classical music, as I don't use extended bass alignements to get a two or three lower Hz on the bottom end.

Attachments

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis