Sony OLED A90J or LG OLED

Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
I am wondering which is better the Sony A90J or the LgOled?

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
If you factor price into the mix and are planning to wall mount, I would give the nod to LG. If you like the google TV OS, like I do, and Sony reliability, I would say the A90J. I have always preferred Sony's color and this years model gets brighter. I have always gone with Sony, because I never have problems with the TVs, so I come from a certain level of personal bias. I don't think either are bad choices and you would be happy either way.

Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
I remember when Sony was a leader in the industry with its Sony Profeel series of TVs. I might plunge into Sony again. Thanks for the advice

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Normally, I would say Sony. LG is the leader in OLED though, so I would actually have to say LG for this one.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
LG C1 *An update is coming for better brightness. If I had the money boy oh boy.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
The A90J has a back lit remote. That's worth the extra $1500.

Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
Got a great deal on the 65 inch Sony A90J . Now let's hope & pray the trucking company is nice enough to deliver in one piece.
Went to local BB and the salesperson switched from demo store mode to a Dolby Vision Apple TV 4k & I liked what I saw. Didn't buy the TV from BB thou

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
There are plenty of reviews on You Tube Sony vs LG.
Essentially if you are a gamer, LG will have better response and 4 eArc hdmi vs 1 on the Sony. LG doesn't get as bright but depending on lighting conditions, sunlit room vs home theatre or mostly watch at night, you may not need the extra nits.
The LG C1 topped out my budget so that's what I went with. You may want to consider the LG CX, its at a nice price since the C1 came out. You get last gen processor but not much difference otherwise.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
There are plenty of reviews on You Tube Sony vs LG.
Essentially if you are a gamer, LG will have better response and 4 eArc hdmi vs 1 on the Sony. LG doesn't get as bright but depending on lighting conditions, sunlit room vs home theatre or mostly watch at night, you may not need the extra nits.
The LG C1 topped out my budget so that's what I went with. You may want to consider the LG CX, its at a nice price since the C1 came out. You get last gen processor but not much difference otherwise.
The C1 only has 1 Arc but has 4 2.1 HDMI that will support VVR the Sony has 2.1 HDMI that with support VVR

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I have my eye on the A80J. Even though I have a series X, movies are a higher priority than gaming features. I have time to think about it though because I'm having work done on my house and not ready to spend on anything else. If I were to buy something today, I'd probably just get a CX. Despite some differences, all the LG and Sony OLEDs are pretty good TVs.

Jim

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Looks like the new firmware makes the TV a bit brighter and you'll probably have to calibrate for best picture. Man I wish.

Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
Sony A90J 65 arrived safe & sound great packing by Sony top notch. The pic out of the box awesome the best I have seen. Blue Ray hard disc still the king of Pic & Sound quality Sony's streaming, Netflix and Apple TV4k next in pic Q. HDR-10 flawless. Not a gamer . It was an update already waiting for me . Sony's own streaming is awesome you get 24 months for free plus 10 movies I think , DTS which still the best audio codec ever. Dolby Atmos is highly over rated.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Sony A90J 65 arrived safe & sound great packing by Sony top notch. The pic out of the box awesome the best I have seen. Blue Ray hard disc still the king of Pic & Sound quality Sony's streaming, Netflix and Apple TV4k next in pic Q. HDR-10 flawless. Not a gamer . It was an update already waiting for me . Sony's own streaming is awesome you get 24 months for free plus 10 movies I think , DTS which still the best audio codec ever. Dolby Atmos is highly over rated.
Come on pics! Congrats.

Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
Pics soon.I am busy watching my BR library;) .Sony has that film look I remember from my childhood setting too close at local movie theater but with much greater clarity .I lived with an LG OLED C8 series but it's not the same as Sony thou. . The Sony remote is pretty good I like the feel of it and I am trying to learn how to copy the Fios 4k settop box cable remote

Last edited:
P

ParisB

Audioholic
Sony A90J is the best TV you can currently buy. If you have a lower budget, the LG will suit just fine.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis