Some words regarding Neal Young removing his music from Spotify.

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
Add Nils Lofgren and Bruce Springsteen to the list. It’s not just a Canada thing anymore.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
I would argue that he's better than Alex Jones. Jesus- what choices we have......well, the choice to not listen would be best.
Exactly, just change the channel. BTW, Sirius XM just relaunched the NY channel on #27.. Its rather repetitive but its out there if your in the car. I'll just stick to my vinyl.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
To bump a prior question:

I don't listen to JR podcasts (or podcasts in general). So with that said I'm not taking anyone at their word on this, can anyone point with the full context available, to him actually saying stuff?
Here's a 5 minute clip.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I'm still digging too.

I can see how his stance can be seen as problematic because of his platform and influence, but I dunno. He does put out disclaimers too, constantly.

*Edit: I think he knows someone who had a bad reaction and had to be hospitalized from the vax.
This is why I find it problematic. It could very well be I have a different interpretation of misinformation. I can personally understand the hesitancy and critical eye while also taking it with a grain of salt. That's part of the natural human condition.

I had a co-worker(now ex) that wouldn't get the vaccine. His mother got the Moderna vaccine and she was in the hospital 24 hours like in critical care (not intensive at least) due to direct complications to it.

I felt much more comfortable getting the Pfizer vaccination. I know in some countries that the Moderna vaccine is banned for 30 and under males.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This is why I find it problematic. It could very well be I have a different interpretation of misinformation. I can personally understand the hesitancy and critical eye while also taking it with a grain of salt. That's part of the natural human condition.

I had a co-worker(now ex) that wouldn't get the vaccine. His mother got the Moderna vaccine and she was in the hospital 24 hours like in critical care (not intensive at least) due to direct complications to it.

I felt much more comfortable getting the Pfizer vaccination. I know in some countries that the Moderna vaccine is banned for 30 and under males.
Check out that clip I just posted above (posted the wrong link at first and edited the right one in). He flat out says he thinks vaccinations are safe. I saw another clip where he says he even urged his parents to get it because they're high risk.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Is that what they are pulling their catalogs from Spotify over?
I don't know if it's that one specifically, but that's about as bad as I've heard him say so far...

Again tho, I haven't heard everything so he mighta said some fucked up shit I don't know about, but so far I think it's a li'l overblown.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Check out that clip I just posted above (posted the wrong link at first and edited the right one in). He flat out says he thinks vaccinations are safe. I saw another clip where he says he even urged his parents to get it because they're high risk.
That is a clip from 29 April 2021 and I guess is a response to what his critics said earlier, like written about in this article below. I don't listen to his podcast but it seems that his walk-back was insincere, and some artists just got fed up with him.

>>>
Joe Rogan has the most popular podcast on Spotify, and he’s been using it to question coronavirus vaccines.
His latest probe came on Friday’s episode of “The Joe Rogan Experience,” in which he said, “If you’re like 21 years old, and you say to me, ‘Should I get vaccinated?’ I’ll go no.”

“If you’re a healthy person, and you’re exercising all the time, and you’re young, and you’re eating well, like, I don’t think you need to worry about this,” he said, adding that both of his children got covid-19 and it was “no big deal.”

It shouldn’t need to be said, but Rogan is not an expert on infectious diseases. He’s a comedian and MMA commentator who hosts a free-form conversation podcast. And his comments have sparked a media firestorm, especially as experts recognize just how much influence he has in today’s culture.

The clip trended on Twitter for two days, while Rogan’s critics, who accused him of spreading dangerous misinformation, duked it out with his supporters, who argued that the mainstream media was trying to silence him.

“Did Joe Rogan become a medical doctor while we weren’t looking?” White House communications director Kate Bedingfield told CNN on Wednesday. “I’m not sure that taking scientific and medical advice from Joe Rogan is perhaps the most productive way for people to get their information.”
Anthony S. Fauci, the country’s top infectious-disease expert, addressed Rogan’s comments Wednesday during an appearance on “Today,” reiterating that vaccinations aren’t just about making sure the individual receiving them doesn’t get covid-19 — and that young, healthy people should “absolutely” get vaccinated.

Not doing so, he said, is to “to only worry about yourself and not society.” Unvaccinated people, he added, “are propagating the outbreak” because they can “inadvertently and innocently” spread the virus to others, even if they don’t show symptoms.

Rogan responded to the controversy on his podcast Thursday by slightly walking back the sentiment and saying, “I am not a respected source of information even for me,” a comment he often makes to defend his more outlandish views.

“I am not an anti-vaxx person,” Rogan added. “In fact, I said I believe they are safe and I encourage many people to take them. I just said if you’re a young healthy person, you don’t need it. Their argument was you need it for other people. But that’s a different conversation. And yes, that makes sense.”

It’s difficult to overstate the hold Rogan has on a certain segment of the population, one that skews young and male. Testosterone is his brand. He got his start as a stand-up comic before appearing on sitcoms such as “Hardball” and “NewsRadio.” He later became a commentator for the Ultimate Fighting Championship, hosted “Fear Factor” and eventually launched his podcast.
<<<

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It shouldn’t need to be said, but Rogan is not an expert on infectious diseases. He’s a comedian and MMA commentator who hosts a free-form conversation podcast.
And yet Joe himself does say this. Over and over and over again. He's the first one to tell you this. Did you watch that clip?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
He also says that he thinks in general vaccinations are safe and urged his own parents to get it. Nobody talks about that tho...

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
And yet Joe himself does say this. Over and over and over again. He's the first one to tell you this. Did you watch that clip?
Most of it, but if he meant it he should be more careful who he puts on his show now about a year later. He did not and he got some serious blowback entirely of his own making.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Most of it, but if he meant it he should be more careful who he puts on his show.
Like Dr Sanjay Gupta, who's a very strong pro vax medical Dr? Sanjay urged him and his listeners to get vaccinated and Joe did not shut him down. He had questions. Lots of them, and gave the Dr all the time he wanted to explain. Joe has all kinds of people on his podcast from all different viewpoints.

jinjuku

jinjuku

That is a clip from 29 April 2021 and I guess is a response to what his critics said earlier, like written about in this article below. I don't listen to his podcast but it seems that his walk-back was insincere, and some artists just got fed up with him.

>>>
Joe Rogan has the most popular podcast on Spotify, and he’s been using it to question coronavirus vaccines.
His latest probe came on Friday’s episode of “The Joe Rogan Experience,” in which he said, “If you’re like 21 years old, and you say to me, ‘Should I get vaccinated?’ I’ll go no.”

“If you’re a healthy person, and you’re exercising all the time, and you’re young, and you’re eating well, like, I don’t think you need to worry about this,” he said, adding that both of his children got covid-19 and it was “no big deal.”
This goes along with what I think is the definition of a 'mistruth'. I understand that difference between someones opinion "if you are like 21 years old.... I'll go no" and "There are nano-bots in the vaccine".

I was looking more for the latter vs the former.

If this is what this is all over then, IMO, it starts getting slippery. I don't want to silence people for having an opinion. For the people that are spouting utter nonsense I want to expose them.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It seems to me that Joe's statements are being cherry picked and some taken out of context. He's not shouting from the rafters that vaxxing is bad, but he has a lot of questions and quite frankly some of the answers he gets from the experts aren't that satisfying...

I know as a long time listener not to take everything joe says at face value and that he's not an expert on anything. I know that because joe is constantly reminding his listeners of it. He's not said anything that would make me personally not get vaccinated.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Like Dr Sanjay Gupta, who's a very strong pro vax medical Dr? Sanjay urged him and his listeners to get vaccinated and Joe did not shut him down. He had questions. Lots of them, and gave the Dr all the time he wanted to explain. Joe has all kinds of people on his podcast from all different viewpoints.
Somewhere he has to draw a line against misinformation that has caused hundreds of thousands preventable deaths.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Somewhere he has to draw a line against misinformation that has caused hundreds of thousands preventable deaths.
And arguably Dr. Gupta reached a much larger, desired audience, than he could have gotten with CNN. Right?

I still don't get the uproar unless there is something much more damning.

I don't need my information, or opinion, inputs sanitized for me. The idiots that are going to believe the conspiracy are going to believe no matter what or where it comes from. My brother being one of them. I've never been able to pierce the armor of his stupidity in any aspect of his life.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
There could be more to it I don't know about. From what I have seen, he has a lot of questions and concerns and and some of his questions make the experts squirm.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Exactly, just change the channel. BTW, Sirius XM just relaunched the NY channel on #27.. Its rather repetitive but its out there if your in the car. I'll just stick to my vinyl.
I stopped using XM after they removed the main channel I listened to, merged with Sirius, the audio quality went to crap and they jacked up my rate.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
And arguably Dr. Gupta reached a much larger, desired audience, than he could have gotten with CNN. Right?

I still don't get the uproar unless there is something much more damning.

I don't need my information, or opinion, inputs sanitized for me. The idiots that are going to believe the conspiracy are going to believe no matter what or where it comes from. My brother being one of them. I've never been able to pierce the armor of his stupidity in any aspect of his life.
Apparently, someone with some clout and reach found it an issue, and here we are.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
There could be more to it I don't know about. From what I have seen, he has a lot of questions and concerns and and some of his questions make the experts squirm.
Sure, I don't listen to his podcasts, as I wrote earlier, as I've barely heard about him before. I think I've seen him mentioned here on AH now and then.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis