Replacement/Upgrade for Emotiva XPA-11

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The Trinnov has a 10 year warranty. Industry leading 10 year warranty on an AV processor by the way! And the best customer service! Just an FYI to everyone on here.

If you look at their website, it says "5 YR Warranty" for the $18K Altitude16.

On the $29K Altitude32, its says "Warranty Extension Program = Yes".

Did you call them to see if the A-16 also comes with the "Warranty Extension Program"?

I think they should give people 1YR warranty for every $1K. So $29K = 29YR Warranty. :D

Last edited:
M

Movie2099

Audioholic General

If you look at their website, it says "5 YR Warranty" for the $18K Altitude16.

On the $29K Altitude32, its says "Warranty Extension Program = Yes".

Did you call them to see if the A-16 also comes with the "Warranty Extension Program"?

I think they should give people 1YR warranty for every $1K. So $29K = 29YR Warranty. :D
Looks like it's just for the Altitude 32. So looks like they need to get the Alt32 instead. :cool:

Hahaha, that would be amazing if that was a warranty plan!

Though, Bryston Amps has that 20 year warranty on their amps. Which is definitely industry leading. I think we should all go get some Bryston amps! :p

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
Hello everyone,

So after much thought and reflection, I’ve decided to remain on a one-box solution for now, due to the need of mobility and flexibility in my current situation. I will probably go separate amps later in a permanent and sedentary dedicated home cinema room in my home country.

Currently I see two options: the Trinnov Amplitude 16 and the Marantz Amp 10. There is a sizable difference in pricing between the two, but I’m unsure of what there is to gain between the two. What would you recommend? Should I go with the Marantz and later upgrade the 8805 to the AV10? Should I go with the Trinnov and later get the Altitude? What are the expected improvements?

thank you everyone for all your help and advice.
Just so you aware there are a few excellent European companies that assemble high quality Hypex Ncore Class D amps like this 16 channel out of England https://nordacoustics.co.uk/new-16-channel-hypex-ncxxxmp-120w-500w-amplifier/. And a 12 channel from France https://apollonaudio.com/product/hypex-ncore-ncx500-multichannel-amplifier-6-12-channel/. Both would offer excellent bench measurements and reliability.

Last edited:
Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Why spend that much money on some amp that doesn't perform any better than several other amps which cost a lot less. That 20 year warranty is way too expensive.and some other more affordable and well built amps will also last 20 years without needing any repair or replacement.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
they are on my short list. ATI and Trinnov amps are on my list as well. Going class D all the way!
Class D seems to be the future.

I am hoping Yamaha will also go class D and make a new 16CH class D amp to match their new 16Ch AVP. I know you want some Yamaha's. So don't lie. ;) :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Class D seems to be the future.

I am hoping Yamaha will also go class D and make a new 16CH class D amp to match their new 16Ch AVP. I know you want some Yamaha's. So don't lie. ;) :D
If Yamaha went to the extreme and put out a state of the art 16ch AVP to compete against Trinnov and StormAudio and paired it with Class D amp options that would be great! They have the money and resources to do it. People will buy them. I would like a 3CH with minimum 500w for 8ohm. 5Ch, 9CH and 16CH options. All having 200w at 8ohm.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
If Yamaha went to the extreme and put out a state of the art 16ch AVP to compete against Trinnov and StormAudio and paired it with Class D amp options that would be great! They have the money and resources to do it. People will buy them. I would like a 3CH with minimum 500w for 8ohm. 5Ch, 9CH and 16CH options. All having 200w at 8ohm.
I agree many people will welcome such high output (such Marantz class d) 3 or even 5 ch power amps, but ver few will go for 16 ch amps.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I agree many people will welcome such high output (such Marantz class d) 3 or even 5 ch power amps, but ver few will go for 16 ch amps.
I think the only people buying the matching 16CH amps of ANY BRAND are the people buying the matching AVP (AV-10 + AMP-10, etc.).

B

Bonscott

Audioholic
Looks like it's just for the Altitude 32. So looks like they need to get the Alt32 instead. :cool:

Hahaha, that would be amazing if that was a warranty plan!

Though, Bryston Amps has that 20 year warranty on their amps. Which is definitely industry leading. I think we should all go get some Bryston amps! :p
In 20 years you might need hearing aids in both ears

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I think the only people buying the matching 16CH amps of ANY BRAND are the people buying the matching AVP (AV-10 + AMP-10, etc.).
A 16 channel amp is not practical. If you need to send it for repair and using a real pre-pro, you're short of power amps to drive your speakers. Buying two 8 channel power amps is more sensible IMO. Moreover, two are also easier to move.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
A 16 channel amp is not practical. If you need to send it for repair and using a real pre-pro, you're short of power amps to drive your speakers. Buying two 8 channel power amps is more sensible IMO.
Well, buying monoblocks would be more “ideal” in terms of repairs. :D

Even more “sensible” is NOT having 16 speakers. :D

I mean 5.1.2 is probably enough for most people most of the time. :D

How about just use one AVR that doesn’t cost too much and buy another AVR if the 1st one dies?

Spending $7K and definitely $18K-$29K for one AVP is definitely NOT exactly sensible either for most people.

So, I think the definition of “sense and sensibility” is relative.

For people wanting portability or requiring very little space, having fewer components might be more important than other factors.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
16x MC2KW mono block amps. Hahaha! now that's a system! That will set you back $688k just on amps!! They're $43k per mono block.
Anyone who buys such expensive product is either gullible or crazy and has lots of money to waste.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
16x MC2KW mono block amps. Hahaha! now that's a system! That will set you back $688k just on amps!! They're $43k per mono block.
I think the days of monoblocks were over when HT went from 5CH to 16CH. :D

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I think the days of monoblocks were over when HT went from 5CH to 16CH. :D
The real and best solution for this is ACTIVE speakers. I know you don't like this concept, but it is the way to solve it and by far the most elegant. It will also improve SQ.
I use two channel amp in my HT room. That is 9 dual channel amps. So, obviously it would take 18 monoblocks.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis