RBH Sound Owner's Thread

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Oh where is All the Expert advice I was getting before I purchased my speakers? Let’s see umm, there was Phil, there was Andrew ADTG, umm so many can’t remember. Like I said when I found out there was a lot of ole timer that has been on this forum for a long time. Doing a Lot of baiting and switching. Gene your forum Is Totally out of control!! I do believe you may have to start over since they Stole it from you. Best of luck Gene you are the Only one that I have Trust on your Web and your forum. It’s thst bad Gene.
I just scanned the thread and notice you're having QC issues with your RBH speakers. You should definitely be working directly with either your dealer or RBH (whomever you bought them from) to replace them rather than repair them. Good luck to you as this is certainly not the norm for the brand based on my years of dealing with them.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
I just scanned the thread and notice you're having QC issues with your RBH speakers. You should definitely be working directly with either your dealer or RBH (whomever you bought them from) to replace them rather than repair them. Good luck to you as this is certainly not the norm for the brand based on my years of dealing with them.
Gene, A very big thank you for taking time out of your very busy day. No Doubt you have a lot on your plate with Advertisers, Your home life, plus us up in here Running amok like a bunch Ohms trying to chase resistors!

Mike

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Again Members, I will say this again ADTG, did Not Built the Speakers I can’t say enough of how ADTG has been Professional courteous and has tried his very best with help and Answers to my questions. Do not place judgment or think of RBH as a Unreputable company. I still stand by my take on the Impression Elite Towers, Best sounding speakers “I” have every had the Pleasure of listening to. A true taste of a Audiophile speaker.

Mike

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Gene, A very big thank you for taking time out of your very busy day. No Doubt you have a lot on your plate with Advertisers, Your home life, plus us up in here Running amok like a bunch Ohms trying to chase resistors!

Mike
No problem. I'm sure you'll get this resolved with the folks at RBH and will be back on your path to audionirvana in no time. Good luck.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Gene, morning to You! Here are some photos of what I have found since some of the members think I out my mind. At Daren’s Request I crimped down on all 10 of the oversized Negative - connectors on all 10 drivers. Now only the Center channel had the right size Connect to the two drivers and the tweeter. Here are photos of my left front Tower. I was Absolutely disgusted when I discovered that the negative side on all the drivers female connector had been replaced. Daren went as far as asking me to Solder the oversized Wrong connectors to the drivers. Can you believe someone who Represents RBHSound would even Recommend !! such a thing! This dude is a Marketing sales manager at that!! I m at a Crossroads with this. PS, my Son helped me with the right side Tower, at my age 60 I needed his help. So he Witnessed the wrong oversized - connectors on the Righr front Towers. At lease I got to spend time with him and my grandson.

Mike
95B2885C-ABBB-44D1-ABF2-6B8D379B3EC2.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Gene, I have a lot more photos, really is a Shameful someone would Butcher RBHSound with very poor QC. Just doesn’t make any sense.

Mike

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Gene, I have a lot more photos, really is a Shameful someone would Butcher RBHSound with very poor QC. Just doesn’t make any sense.

Mike
I've known Daren a long time and find it hard to believe he would put a customer through all of this. That said, I understand your frustration too. I don't understand why you just don't return the speakers for a refund and get something else? Cut your losses and move on as there are so many other good brands to choose from.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Daren went as far as asking me to Solder the oversized Wrong connectors to the drivers. Can you believe someone who Represents RBHSound would even Recommend !! such a thing! This dude is a Marketing sales manager at that!!

Mike View attachment 26614
I'm surprised they would suggest soldiering the connections!
However, I would also hope if you told them you were not comfortable opening the speakers, they would give you an RMA and take care of the problem for you.
This looks like China QC issues. It is not uncommon to see a different part being substituted to keep production going when they run out of the proper item. The idea of stopping the production line to fix a problem does not mesh well with the Chinese tradition of not causing any problem for your boss and being clever to solve the problem without disturbing them!
It does beg the question of how many unit were produced like yours.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
I'm surprised they would suggest soldiering the connections!
However, I would also hope if you told them you were not comfortable opening the speakers, they would give you an RMA and take care of the problem for you.
This looks like China QC issues. It is not uncommon to see a different part being substituted to keep production going when they run out of the proper item. The idea of stopping the production line to fix a problem does not mesh well with the Chinese tradition of not causing any problem for your boss and being clever to solve the problem without disturbing them!
It does beg the question of how many unit were produced like yours.
I told Daren that very same thing, that I was Afraid of scratching the towers. On my left tower the top driver is Damaged from me trying to pry it out of the cabinet. Gene doesn’t think that Daren would even Recommend something like that soldering the leads to the damn speakers!! But he did ask me if I know how to solder. Told him I wouldn’t do that. Now I’ve posted up some False facts just to see what kind of feedback I would get. I had Matthew come over to my home to help me pull out All of the drivers from the right Tower and sure Enough the - negative leads to each driver where oversized very loose. On my left the 2nd from top the - lead wasn’t even on the - Negative side to the driver. Center channel I pulled two drivers tweeter and one 5 1/2 driver they have the Factory connectors. They have the clear sleeves on both -/+ female connectors. Anyways like Gene said I cut my lost was going to get a RBH sub and surrounds and back surrounds. With this “Hobby” isn’t the first or won’t be my last on cutting a cord.
Mike

Last edited:

TechHDS

Audioholic General
I've known Daren a long time and find it hard to believe he would put a customer through all of this. That said, I understand your frustration too. I don't understand why you just don't return the speakers for a refund and get something else? Cut your losses and move on as there are so many other good brands to choose from.
As that may be Gene, with your Experience with Daren, this being my first Experience dealing with the marketing sales manager isn’t a good one. I got the run around, I asked him to ship me out the 4 mid Range drivers and two tweeters at almost cost. Came up to about 220 bucks. That I would pay. Cause I Thought I had damage the drivers. But when I pulled the lowest driver and saw the oversized negative leads “females“ I stopped and text ADGT about that Issue. Then I Proceeded to pull the rest of the drivers and when I got to the lower mid range Drive on my left Tower and saw the the Negative lead wasn’t even connected to the driver, Well to say I wasn’t a red the face. Well wouldn’t You Gene. So cut my losts, But I’m sure this shouldn’t hurt RBH with any sales. If anything this should help with RBH sales. SQ, should be checked out before anything Leaves the Assembly-line. After all isn’t that what Quality control is all about? Having a Satisfied customer for return Business? :D

Mike

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
At a minimum, RBH should be testing something like 1 out of 20 speakers and disassembling any that do not perform properly. They should also disassemble something like 1 out of 50 just to see if construction/assembly is drifting from the originally agreed upon materials/methods.
I would expect a larger operation like JBL to have an employee at the manufacturing facility to monitor and resolve issues quickly, but recognize that RBH probably doesn't have the production volumes to justify that.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
As that may be Gene, with your Experience with Daren, this being my first Experience dealing with the marketing sales manager isn’t a good one. I got the run around, I asked him to ship me out the 4 mid Range drivers and two tweeters at almost cost. Came up to about 220 bucks. That I would pay. Cause I Thought I had damage the drivers. But when I pulled the lowest driver and saw the oversized negative leads “females“ I stopped and text ADGT about that Issue. Then I Proceeded to pull the rest of the drivers and when I got to the lower mid range Drive on my left Tower and saw the the Negative lead wasn’t even connected to the driver, Well to say I wasn’t a red the face. Well wouldn’t You Gene. So cut my losts, But I’m sure this shouldn’t hurt RBH with any sales. If anything this should help with RBH sales. SQ, should be checked out before anything Leaves the Assembly-line. After all isn’t that what Quality control is all about? Having a Satisfied customer for return Business? :D

Mike
Again I don't get why you would be willing to buy new drivers for a new product that has had problems since you got them. Just return them, eat the shipping costs if you have to and move on. I hope it works out for you as I know that can be frustrating.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Again I don't get why you would be willing to buy new drivers for a new product that has had problems since you got them. Just return them, eat the shipping costs if you have to and move on. I hope it works out for you as I know that can be frustrating.
To recap this unfortunate incident:

Oct 4 (Thursday): RBH speakers arrived at Mike's house via FedEx (see post # 634 in thread)
Nov 8 (Thursday): Emailed sent to RBH about issues with speakers
Nov 12 (Monday): Return Authorization Label sent to Mike

Last edited:
Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
This quality control issue has created a very cautious approach for me towards any future RBH speaker purchase.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
This quality control issue has created a very cautious approach for me towards any future RBH speaker purchase.
Definitely cannot blame Mike, you, or anyone for feeling this way.

Truth be told, I usually only recommend the flagship RBH modular towers and externally powered subwoofers, not that I have anything against the other lower-end speakers but because it's just my personal style (towers of power). :D

I'm sure RBH investigated this incident and corrected the problem moving forward. But still too bad this happened. :(

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
To recap this unfortunate incident:

Oct 4 (Thursday): RBH speakers arrived at Mike's house via FedEx (see post # 634 in thread)
Nov 8 (Thursday): Emailed sent to RBH about issues with speakers
Nov 12 (Monday): Return Authorization Label sent to Mike
Curious about who pays shipping.
I would expect/assume RBH would cover all costs if the product were defective, and the photos surely do suggest it is. I could see RBH perhaps wanting to inspect the speakers to verify the defect before refunding all costs.
Or in this case it seems like Mike would be happy with RBH rewiring the speakers and returning them!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
He was willing to buy new drivers when he thought he had damaged them.
Guessing he drove them hard then started to hear problems as the vibrations caused the loose connections to lessen contact. His first reflex was that he had damaged them and upon disassembly, he discovered the loose wires.
...Came up to about 220 bucks. That I would pay. Cause I Thought I had damage the drivers. But when I pulled the lowest driver and saw the oversized negative leads “females“ I stopped and text ADGT about that Issue...

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord

Mike
Mike,
Why didn't you use the RMA and let RBH make them right for you?
If you have already destroyed/trashed the boxes/packaging, I would expect that RBH keeps empty boxes with packaging for this situation. There will be some cost to ship the empty boxes to you which is reasonably your expense, but RBH sells a lot of these speakers and their per speaker packaging costs should be reasonable. They do not seem like the kind of company who would make packaging a "profit center":)!

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Ok guys!! Here It is setup just got done, Just Wow!! Soundstage to die for!! Steve’s review was spot on!!!
KEW, I’m blown away of the build of these Elites!! Really I can’t say enough about Steve’s review he is spot on with has take on them, I mean this when I say, the best sounding tweeter I have ever heard! They Do Not break up at reference levels! A very clean detailed soundstage! My personal thoughts are the build are much better than the Polk LSi-15’s I had and I had the whole line. Again, Steve’s right RBH didn’t cheapout on the XO, cabinet finish, cabinet build and drivers.
Them Elites are something special couldn’t believe my ears when I fired them up, the first thing I noticed was how clear, smooth and very detailed the sound stage is! Absolutely no distortion at higher volume levels. Absolutely loving them!
Mike,
Why didn't you use the RMA and let RBH make them right for you?
I think RBH would love the opportunity to make it right by exchanging the old speakers for brand new ones at no additional charge, but, of course, it's up to Mike.

I believe the options given by RBH included:

1. Return speakers, get inspection, get refund
2. Exchange old speakers for brand new speakers at no additional charge

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I think RBH would love the opportunity to make it right by exchanging the old speakers for brand new ones at no additional charge, but, of course, it's up to Mike.

I believe the options given by RBH included:

1. Return speakers, get inspection, get refund
2. Exchange old speakers for brand new speakers at no additional charge
So would Mike be responsible for any of the shipping costs?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis