RBH Sound Owner's Thread

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I've been waiting for the review of the SVT towers, and now it is here.

Actually, this is the review of the SVTR (Reference), which means the modular tower has the SV-1212R, instead of the SV-1212. The top cabinet is the same SV-831.

The response is as accurate as I expected, which is about +/- 2.5dB from about 400Hz-20kHz. The SX-T1/T30 and Status Acoustics 8T is also about +/- 2.5dB.

https://www.audioholics.com/tower-speaker-reviews/rbh-svtr-tower-reference-speaker-review

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I've been waiting for the review of the SVT towers, and now it is here.

Actually, this is the review of the SVTR (Reference), which means the modular tower has the SV-1212R, instead of the SV-1212. The top cabinet is the same SV-831.

The response is as accurate as I expected, which is about +/- 2.5dB from about 400Hz-20kHz. The SX-T1/T30 and Status Acoustics 8T is also about +/- 2.5dB.

https://www.audioholics.com/tower-speaker-reviews/rbh-svtr-tower-reference-speaker-review
Sooooooooo..... This means............. Your buying all new towers right? ;). If you are I want first crack at the ones you have now!!!!!! Although I'm not sure even my house could handle that level of audio awesomeness I gotta feeling my foundation and body would give out before Those towers would! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Sooooooooo..... This means............. Your buying all new towers right? ;). If you are I want first crack at the ones you have now!!!!!! Although I'm not sure even my house could handle that level of audio awesomeness I gotta feeling my foundation and body would give out before Those towers would! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
I love my five SX-T2/R towers, which are the main speakers in my HT room (no comments about the pillows! :D).

But if I can sell the SX-T2/R, you bet I'd be getting five of these SVTR towers! :D

Right now, I have a pair of the SVT towers in my living room (bi-amped with RBH SA-500DSP amp).

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I love my five SX-T2/R towers, which are the main speakers in my HT room (no comments about the pillows! :D).

But if I can sell the SX-T2/R, you bet I'd be getting five of these SVTR towers! :D

Right now, I have a pair of the SVT towers in my living room (bi-amped with RBH SA-500DSP amp).

I think the pillows are sexy there what set the whole thing off! :D

Cjamrr

Cjamrr

Audioholic
I don’t see RBH setting up a exhibit at Axpona in Schaumburg Renaissance Center in Illinois this April of 2019.
I was expecting to see them and listen to these awesome speakers I’ve been hearing about. Too bad, can’t find any RBH in the state.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I don’t see RBH setting up a exhibit at Axpona in Schaumburg Renaissance Center in Illinois this April of 2019.
I was expecting to see them and listen to these awesome speakers I’ve been hearing about. Too bad, can’t find any RBH in the state.
Let me ask Daren to see if they will be there.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Daren said that he would look into AXPONA 2019, so there is a chance RBH will be there! :D

If not at AXPONA, then they’ll probably showcase somewhere else like RMAF.

Last edited:
Cjamrr

Cjamrr

Audioholic
Daren said that he would look into AXPONA 2019, so there is a chance RBH will be there! :D

If not at AXPONA, then they’ll probably showcase somewhere else like RMAF.
Nice. I just bought the early bird 3 day pass.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Hey Mike,

A lot of the dynamic here is caused by the fact that, over the years, many of us have had direct dealings with the guys at RBH.
Based on our experiences (as posted on this forum) RBH has always been a reasonable and friendly company to work with.
I hope you can appreciate that your statements are somewhat incongruous with our experiences.
I still don't understand exactly what you misrepresented and for what end purpose? That really casts another level of confusion on what was already confused.

For the record, I don't think you are making things up, but at the same time, I have to wonder if Daren was suggesting soldiering the connections as one possible way to resolve the issue rather than stating that as the only option and the action they expect from you. I would guess I spent a little over two hours total time on the phone with him, and he impressed me as the kind of guy I would want as a customer-sales contact if I ran a company!

You didn't drop a bunch of your colorful colloquialisms on him did you? I think the divide between Gullah dialect and those boys from Utah is pretty expansive!

Or maybe he was having a bad day and preoccupied with something else in his life? Or maybe he has a split personality and you got "Bad Daren"!

I suspect I will never know, but please understand our need to ask more questions and be skeptical of your statements when our experiences with the same guy are polar opposite of yours!
KEW, them Elites are doing well at my Son home, yes they are pretty badass speakers! I had time to look over all my post and yes lots of discrepancies for sure, Yes Darren was helpful, at first, but in the end he just blew me off. He did send out return labels for shipping in return for a partial refund after which I would have taken a 300 to 400 buck hit in my pocket. Thing that really tick me off wasn't the fact that the wrong connectors on the wires, it was he wanted Me to solder the connectors to the speaker drivers. Not very professional advice to give out on some high-end speakers. As customers we get burnt constantly in this audio video thing. We can alway buy somewhere else. Now would or will I buy RBH again? You bet I would I'm contemplating on buying another pair of those Elites. Yes even with this set back on my first pair doesn't change my thoughts on the quality of the build and sound of those Elite speakers.

Mike

Last edited:
ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Interesting. RBH has provided me some of the best customer service I’ve ever had. In fact, Darren is who helped me out with some drivers.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Interesting. RBH has provided me some of the best customer service I’ve ever had. In fact, Darren is who helped me out with some drivers.
Yeah, from what other's have said he is a great guy. Look am sure I overreacted I mean after all spending 2K on a set of speakers and finding out wrong speaker connectors set me off. Or maybe he Darren should have just had a cold brew or two with me and we call it even..lol. anyways all water under the bridge. Wish I hadn't given them speakers to my son. Now he won't give them back! Lolo.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
I’ll be honest. I didn’t like my RBH for a long time and sent them into my HT set up. They did a great job here. I then had a move and reset them up with my Marantz gear. Two Channel. And bam!!! Awesome sound. Maybe they needed time. Glad I didn’t get rid of them. But they are back doing dual duty in my HT set up. I’d love to try out the new version with Ribbon tweeters. But I have to much gear already.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I’ll be honest. I didn’t like my RBH for a long time and sent them into my HT set up. They did a great job here. I then had a move and reset them up with my Marantz gear. Two Channel. And bam!!! Awesome sound. Maybe they needed time. Glad I didn’t get rid of them. But they are back doing dual duty in my HT set up. I’d love to try out the new version with Ribbon tweeters. But I have to much gear already.
Which RBH do you own if you don't mind me asking?
I'm building a custom home theater in the new house and RBH is in my final selection for speakers down to 3 brands so I would love to hear more experiences from owners

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
RBH doesn't use ribbon tweeters, they use AMT tweeters. Very different acoustic principle.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
RBH doesn't use ribbon tweeters, they use AMT tweeters. Very different acoustic principle.
Oh. Sorry. That’s what I meant. I owned RAAL ribbons and loved them. Anyways to answer the other question. I own the SX6300-R.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I have the SX-T2 (ScanSpeak Silk Dome Tweeters) and SVT Towers (Aurum Cantus AMT Aluminum Tweeters).

We’ve seen AH measurements for both the T2 and SVT towers. Both have very accurate measurements.

The salient thing is that at the end of the day, they both sound equally great.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Ummm, yeah RBH puts out some very interesting speakers for sure. I can say l agree with your post, the Elites towers are a very detailed speaker 3D almost very nice sweet spot. Also I didn't have to toe them in much to get a good sweet spot. The review on them are accurate the mids are a lil hot the month I had them before I let my Son talk me out of them it was easily adjusted out. Now when I go over to my Sons home he still rubs it in on me. Lol But really he did once ask me if I wanted them back. Seeing the smile on his face when He ask me for them, it went like this, he goes cause he is the one who helped me unbox them, plus he helped me with removing all the driver's in the right tower to crimp down on the connectors. After all was good we both had a sit down for about two hours listening to music we watched a bit of a movie. He goes Dad, let me know when you upgrade your speakers again I want these. So after we finished he was starting to leave he watched me unhooking the Elites he goes what you doing? I go back your truck up we need to put them in. The smile on his face was priceless.

Last edited:
Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Which RBH do you own if you don't mind me asking?
I'm building a custom home theater in the new house and RBH is in my final selection for speakers down to 3 brands so I would love to hear more experiences from owners
Bro, I had the Impression Elites Towers with the matching center. The reviews on them are accurate. Very nice sound, you like a very detailing speaker ? With crisp highs? Smooth mid range, good accurate midbass and very nice low end that's not muddy? Yeah they are very nice. Now ADTG has their top end give him a shout. Great guy to know! I can say this, i was playing a CD Diana Krall, I thought i had left my AVR in surround mode. But it wasn't just 2.1 what I call 3D sound and I was in the bathroom I had my volume high, on my display at about -10 db..I couldn't believe the detail. Now that's just my take and no I'm not good with explaining how a speaker sounds. Just take this post with a grain of salt because audio is very subjective.

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Oh. Sorry. That’s what I meant. I owned RAAL ribbons and loved them. Anyways to answer the other question. I own the SX6300-R.
I believe those have the Scanspeak tweeter - same as my 61lse and T1/R's.
Before I committed to the T1/R's I wanted to revisit my 61lse's because they use the same drivers (just not so many)
When I compared my EMP 41B, I was surprised that I liked the "extension" of its cheaper tweeter better! Certainly, the detail of the Scanspeak is the winner, but the EMP had the right amount of shine "up top" for a trumpet!
After talking with RBH, they said the cheaper tweeter did offer a bit more up top.
I have found that using the EQ on my AVR, adding 1.5dB at 16,000Hz makes it work out just about perfect for my ear. You may not have the same preferences, but you might try it to see if you like it better!

Note: At 60 years old, I know I cannot hear 16kHz. When I tested at 55, I could barely detect 14kHz and I don't know how much I may have deteriorated since then. I don't know how wide the EQ bands are for the EQ in my Denon, but it is a little surprising that adding 1.5dB at 16kHz would make such an important difference for me!

Edit: Maybe it should not be so surprising since the next adjustment below 16kHz is 8kHz, so I might guess the 16kHz EQ is still pretty strong down to ~11kHz.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis