Play Room/inhouse Daycare

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
mulester7 said:
.....my God has a sense of humor, Sheep....that was hilarious....looked like something I would get hanked into doing at an earlier age....you ever get hanked into doing something nutty by friends?......
Uhhhh lets see.....

I went of a big jump on my bike into a fence....thats about it...

I was usually the one doing the hanking :)

SheepStar

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
Sheep said:
I went of a big jump on my bike into a fence....thats about it...

I was usually the one doing the hanking
.....even in childhood the lad learned quickly in the Canadian woodlands....Sheep, is there a lot of snow where you're at near Vancouver?.....don't you love them snows you get to shovel for days?....

RJB

RJB

Audioholic
mulester7 said:
.....even in childhood the lad learned quickly in the Canadian woodlands....Sheep, is there a lot of snow where you're at near Vancouver?.....don't you love them snows you get to shovel for days?....

I believe that I can speak for just about all of us Canucks when I say...NOBODY HERE ( who is sane ) LOVES THE SHOVEL FOR DAYS THING but we can send you a few dump truck loads for your front lawn :eek: if you would like, we usually have plenty to spare... ;)

Seasons greetings! :)

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
RJB said:
I believe that I can speak for just about all of us Canucks when I say...NOBODY HERE ( who is sane ) LOVES THE SHOVEL FOR DAYS THING but we can send you a few dump truck loads for your front lawn :eek: if you would like, we usually have plenty to spare... ;)

Seasons greetings! :)
.....RJB, I only wish I was a little further north, like about St. Louis or maybe as high as like Chicago....we don't get snow in Arkansas much anymore....I lend credence to global warming....sometime in January, I will order a couple of dump-truck loads, but I don't want any yellow snow if that's all right, haha.....thanks for the response, RJB, and Seasons Greetings unto you also....and unto every Audioholic around the globe.........

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
mulester7 said:
I am a little higher up then vancouver, so theres lots of snow here. It snowed all day today, literally. I have shoveld the drive way 3 times, and I have to do it once more.

SheepStar

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
Sheep said:
I am a little higher up then vancouver, so theres lots of snow here. It snowed all day today, literally. I have shoveld the drive way 3 times, and I have to do it once more.

SheepStar
.....you're a good son, Sheep, and I suspect it pleases your Dad much for you to be in his home at this time in your young adult life....snow is relatively light, and you're at a great age for this activity to be doing you good....you're one of my favorites, SheepStar......

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
mulester7 said:
.....you're a good son, Sheep, and I suspect it pleases your Dad much for you to be in his home at this time in your young adult life....snow is relatively light, and you're at a great age for this activity to be doing you good....you're one of my favorites, SheepStar......
Yay! :)

If you shovel alot, its less work each time. All you have to do is push the shovel until you reach the end of your drive way. Keep repeating until the whole thing is done, or atleast when the area the tires go is clear.

This isn't to hard for me.

Plus, I go to the gym...

....I should write a "how to" snow shovelling book....:)

SheepStar

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
mulester7 said:
.....correct, and from mule, you got a wonderful repraisal....did you watch it even though it was the second time?....Sheep, you sharp.....
Yes I did, not the whole thing, as I have it saved on my computer, but i still loaded it.

SheepStar

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
That is awsome. try watching it in fast forward

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Here Ron, I figured you might like this one. I always get this stuff from my cousin.

Daddy's Poem

Her hair was up in a pony tail,
her favorite dress tied with a bow.
Today was Daddy's Day at school,
and she couldn't wait to go.

But her mommy tried to tell her,
that she probably should stay home.
Why the kids might not understand,
if she went to school alone.

But she was not afraid;
she knew just what to say.
What to tell her classmates
of why he wasn't there today.

But still her mother worried,
for her to face this day alone.
And that was why once again,
she tried to keep her daughter home.

But the little girl went to school
eager to tell them all.
About a dad she never sees
a dad who never calls.

There were daddies along the wall in back,
for everyone to meet.
Children squirming impatiently,
anxious in their seats

One by one the teacher called
a student from the class.
To introduce their daddy,
as seconds slowly passed.

At last the teacher called her name,
every child turned to stare.
Each of them was searching,
a man who wasn't there.

"Where's her daddy at?"
she heard a boy call out.
"She probably doesn't have one,"
another student dared to shout.

And from somewhere near the back,
she heard a daddy say,
"Looks like another deadbeat dad,
too busy to waste his day."

The words did not offend her,
as she smiled up at her Mom.
And looked back at her teacher,
who told her to go on.

And with hands behind her back,
slowly she began to speak.
And out from the mouth of a child,
came words incredibly unique.

"My Daddy couldn't be here,
because he lives so far away.
But I know he wishes he could be,
since this is such a special day.

And though you cannot meet him,
I wanted you to know.
All about my daddy,
and how much he loves me so.

He loved to tell me stories
he taught me to ride my bike.
He surprised me with pink roses,
and taught me to fly a kite.

We used to share fudge sundaes,
and ice cream in a cone.
And though you cannot see him.
I'm not standing here alone.

"Cause my daddy's always with me,
even though we are apart
I know because he told me,
he'll forever be in my heart"

With that, her little hand reached up,
and lay across her chest.
Feeling her own heartbeat,
beneath her favorite dress.

And from somewhere here in the crowd of dads,
her mother stood in tears.
Proudly watching her daughter,
who was wise beyond her years.

For she stood up for the love
of a man not in her life.
Doing what was best for her,
doing what was right.

And when she dropped her hand back down,
staring straight into the crowd.
She finished with a voice so soft,
but its message clear and loud.

"I love my daddy very much,
he's my shining star.
And if he could, he'd be here,
but heaven's just too far.

You see he was a policeman
and died just this past year
When airplanes hit the towers
and taught Americans to fear.

But sometimes when I close my eyes,
it's like he never went away."
And then she closed her eyes,
and saw him there that day.

And to her mothers amazement,
she witnessed with surprise.
A room full of daddies and children,
all starting to close their eyes.

Who knows what they saw before them,
who knows what they felt inside.
Perhaps for merely a second,
they saw him at her side.

"I know you're with me Daddy,"
to the silence she called out.
And what happened next made believers,
of those once filled with doubt.

Not one in that room could explain it,
for each of their eyes had been closed.
But there on the desk beside her,
was a fragrant long-stemmed pink rose.

And a child was blessed, if only for a moment,
by the love of her shining star.
And given the gift of believing,
that heaven is never too far.

They say it takes a minute to find a special
person, an hour to appreciate them,
a day to love them, but then an entire
life to forget them.

Last edited by a moderator:
mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....that was good, Brian, thanks....and feel free to drop by my thread whenever....this thread's my street corner, guys, feel free....with taste, please....thank you, MDS, for conveying to that guy we don't appreciate foul cursing awhile back, or was it MarkW?....that's nothing but a crutch, Gentlemen.....

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....ok, from the street corner....one last plea....guys, my Canon EOS 620 body, 18 years of age, and the readout is still as beautiful a blue at night as ever, has shutter speeds measured by the exposure meter from 30 seconds to 1/4000 that is accessed through the "auto" setting....please, help me with digital information....what is the exposure-limit speeds for current brand-new digital Nikon SLR's....and, I won't buy zooms this time....fixed only....here's the real question....the factors are, a digital camera, on a tripod at night, and really anytime....to what kelvin temperature exposure is a digital camera attuned?....films go from daylight kelvin of 3200 to tunsten, not sure of kelvin rating on the tungsten, but it's way below, 'cause the colors at night don't go nutty like using daylight film at night....what are the exposure limits on "auto" for a digital Nikon SLR?....chicklets awaiteth, haha.......

.....edit....I suspect the digital camera doesn't recognize any kelvin temperature except what conditions bees....that has the potential to be staggeringly natural off a tripod at night....last time....what are the speeds of auto for digital Nikon SLR's?....a "Season" of chicklets awaiteth.....

.....edit the second....you guys don't know what I'm talking about off a tripod at night....I don't have a clue if it will work for sure with digital, but with a 35 mm film cameras of any quality like 100 bucks, that for sure has "auto" setting for exposure, you need to try this....daylight or tungsten night film, it don't matter....you look out in the pitch black, and see little, then the prints come back and you stand in amazement....trust me....2 am, "auto" setting, NO FLASH, dark subject like a building, but there's enough lumen count for you to see form, the camera's on a tripod, again, it's 2 am, you've looked through the viewfinder and cropped your shot and focused looking at the most contrasting section through the viewfinder,....then....one hair-like touch on the trigger to get the shot, easy, don't shake the camera, exposure by attached cable if possible....and I'll say best results with SLR's, where lenses are detachable, and the quality of the body and mechanisms is shoulders above....amazing detail comes back on the prints, try it.....

Last edited:
mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
Sheep said:
did you buy a digital camera?

SheepStar
.....nay, Sir, and won't, until I determine I can get what I want off a tripod at night.....

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
mulester7 said:
.....nay, Sir, and won't, until I determine I can get what I want off a tripod at night.....
.....and, my exposure compensation rolled to a full 30 seconds, would probably render a fully stopped-down aperture of F-32....but, your camera might be automatically aperture-leaning wide-open, at F-1.2, that's Nikon '50mm normal' special-fast, and your speed might be only 1/4 second, which HAS to be shot off a tripod, and "THAT'S", why this works at night with a "range" of "automatic" cameras that use film....I know, that was a mouthful....what?....well, nobody would answer me, so I'm answerin' myself....I love what I do off a tripod at night, and my shots will be exposed for a 30 full seconds, with the aperture closed down for depth-of-field....the aperture closed down all the way, usually pretty quickly, gives depth-of-field that becomes overkill for max image quality....I call what I do, "30 Second Burn-In's", kinda' catchy, huh?....but, the results you get with YOUR camera using any temperatured kelvin film, try daylight Kodak 200, gives wild colors at night around a city, shoot downtown buildings fairly well lit but still faceless at night, have it processed at Sam's as normal with Kodak 200 C-26 processing, only Sam's offers 3 5x7's, on each negative of 36, that's 108 5X7's, for about 11 bucks, beat that, Barney Louise, and 5X7 IS, a legitimate enlargement, prepare to be amazed with the detail you'll get, WILL, be most worthy of your admiration....yeah, "the results you get with YOUR camera using any kelvin temperatured film, WILL, be most worthy of your admiration", haha, hey, I'll give ya' run-on-sentence twice........once again and the last time, maybe, you will be amazed with what you see on the prints, shot with no flash, at 2 am.....141 pound amp....good grief....I ain't got a clue....but the thing is reputed to get cleaner as it gets louder, so I'll hang in there....I can surely get what I got in it, with a free Democrat want-ad if it comes to that....sorry, guys, I wouldn't ship 141 pounds 'cept at gunpoint........amp shootout comin', hide the horses and kids....yes, they make films for daylight that's sold commercially, and that's all the general public ever thinks about with their flashes, but camera stores sell film for night, to be shot off a sturdy tripod....march right in and ask for the brand name, "Nocturnally Tungsten", and you'll get laughed out of the store, haha....asking for Tungsten film will do just fine for the wordage, haha........and lastly, nobody sells a film for 5 in the afternoon YELLOW, when your beard's itchin', traffic's backed up, and you're a'scratchin'....know what I mean, Vern, huh?....

.....night.....

.....(chowderheads)....(each and every one)....(looking up)....(why me, Lord?).....

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
....well, I barely missed the noose this weekend on getting to ride a freight train 155 miles and back....this being on a guaranteed railroad supplemental board to the extra-board of a subdivision is not a half-bad thing, to say the least, working a two-day turn to Van Buren, an average of once every three weeks, and getting paid 80%, of what it would pay, were I doing it every two days, back to back....yeah, best deal I've EVER run into at work, and it's totally honorable........at the away terminal, Van Buren/Fort Smith, there's a 15 track yard, a mile and 1/2 long....the yard van comes and gets us off the headend, with the headend stopped short of Main Street, and takes us back to the yard office one mile, where we tie-up on the computer....but when we first come by yard limits a mile away from the yard, I call the motel, and tell them we need the motel van to be at the yard office in 20 minutes....the drive takes 15....we tie up with grips already loaded in the motel van, hit the inner-city freeway, and ride for about 15 minutes, crossing the Arkansas River into Fort Smith, to Zero Street exit....we check into the motel with a special Union Pacific card of plastic, then have 12-16 hours to do whatever, until our room phone rings from Union Pacific to take a train back to NLR two hours later, and there's good opportunity for food 24/7 close around the motel with a Western Sizzler across the street, that has taken frying chicken to a real good level....guys, I can have a large time at a buffet, if the fried chicken is good to me, can I get an Amen?........anyhow, when I go to my room from the checking in process, I usually do a bath/melt first-off, then watch TV 'till I fade, lying on the bed, progressively pulling up the covers, and go to sleep with a pillow between my knees in the fetal position on my side....unless I go eat fried chicken first, you know, haha....the motel has the most glorious HOT water with HUGE pressure.....146,000,000 gallons of it if you want it....I turn the room air conditioner on blizzard when I first come into the room, and leave the hot bath sweatin' like a wild man, puttin' off steam vapor, TV blarin', and sit on the bed with a large bathtowel folded under me with one around my shoulders, and sit in front of a Lakewood 9 inch metal-cage-fan from the nightstand on high, and that's a lotta' wind....feels so good....sweating subsides in 10 or so, I put on my big black T-shirt, and progressively move under the wonderful combination of covers, with the fan from WallyWorld, (last plug), making me find a cold air hole through the wrapped comforter around my head....you know what I'm talking about.....the rooms are Great....the ones we get, are geared toward being in a working man's world of needs....GOOD TV, GOOD air conditioner, GOOD huge chest ice-maker 20-30 feet down the carpeted hall that never runs out even in August, ugh, August, adequate microwave, ice box, four-cup coffee maker, baskets of creams and sugars and stirrers and coffee foil-wrapped, big clock radio by the TV, did I mention the TV's were better than the other rooms?, and extra tables for grips, both the carrying kind with large straps, and the rolling-on-one-end kind, you know.......really, to back off and look at it, my life is messing around with stereo components, being online, sleeping when I want to, getting out of the house enough doing things wholesome, and getting to ride a freight train twice, once, about every three weeks average....the Conductor, of which I are one, takes track warrants over the radio from the dispatcher in Omaha using a microwave tower system, and reads them back to the dispatcher....then, the dispatcher ok's the readback giving an exact maritime time and states his initials....that brings the final official readback from me varifying the ok time and repeating his initials I've written, and it's law....taking warrants is done from a book of forms where you tear one out, you know the type....on a form, I write places and mileposts giving authority to that point....at the end point of the limits, we stand to meet trains coming from the opposite direction....one will hold the mainline, and the other go in the siding....I also give up warrants back to the dispatcher, who's limits we have fulfilled....I get off on the ground, just enough, throwing a few switches....36-42 total hours, about 20 on the two trains, once every three weeks average....sure keeps it fun and interesting....I am blessed beyond measure as The Bible predicted.....

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis