Perlisten D215s: Is This the Most Accurate Subwoofer on the Planet?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
yup, as in which speakers do you own specifically, which price range etc ?
What does price have to do with anything let alone my preference in speakers? FWIW similar speakers. I don't need much in the way of fancy cabinetry or the absolute best, and these days am not even in the market any more....no sense in spending on new speakers with declining hearing :)

A

aoaaron

Audioholic Intern
What does price have to do with anything let alone my preference in speakers? FWIW similar speakers. I don't need much in the way of fancy cabinetry or the absolute best, and these days am not even in the market any more....no sense in spending on new speakers with declining hearing :)
its just a clear question to gain some perspective on what level of kit you have heard and evaluated in your own space.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
its just a clear question to gain some perspective on what level of kit you have heard and evaluated in your own space.
No, not a clear question. I've evaluated a lot of "kit" in the last 50 years, tho :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Perhaps not OWNED, but I'm sure you've AUDITIONED many high-end speakers like Revel Salon2, B&W 800D, etc.?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Perhaps not OWNED, but I'm sure you've AUDITIONED many high-end speakers like Revel Salon2, B&W 800D, etc.?
Some, been a long time since I've been in such an establishment that had such speakers, probably they released the Salon2 after that to give you an idea of how long its been. Don't know anyone who owns those two either (except on fora, but they're not local).

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Some, been a long time since I've been in such an establishment that had such speakers, probably they released the Salon2 after that to give you an idea of how long its been. Don't know anyone who owns those two either (except on fora, but they're not local).
Yeah I stopped auditioning also after a while. It’s like you’ve heard them 50 times, you’ve heard them all. :D

A very different perspective compared to people who haven’t been there, done it.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
yup, as in which speakers do you own specifically, which price range etc ?
Front Level 5'9.5" Rear level 6'9". Actually I don't audition speakers any more. For one thing their are few dealers left now. And the tables have become turned as it is the dealers who seem to want to audition here.

I have now come to the conclusion that the equipment I have now is at least of the standard of the equipment used to produce the program. So the major differences are now largely in the microphone and mixing techniques. I certainly notice significant differences in program and actually, especially the venue.

So, I think I did reach the point of maximum benefit design with the total room system design four years or so ago. So I now believe that improvements will now come from changes beyond my control, like improvements in streaming quality and especially in Atmos streams. The BPO have made significant strides in this direction this season.

We don't spend a lot of time on the source, which is I suppose understandable, since it is beyond our control. However, at least for me it is at the point where it would have to figure into any system change being worthwhile.

A

aoaaron

Audioholic Intern
Front Level 5'9.5" Rear level 6'9". Actually I don't audition speakers any more. For one thing their are few dealers left now. And the tables have become turned as it is the dealers who seem to want to audition here.

I have now come to the conclusion that the equipment I have now is at least of the standard of the equipment used to produce the program. So the major differences are now largely in the microphone and mixing techniques. I certainly notice significant differences in program and actually, especially the venue.

So, I think I did reach the point of maximum benefit design with the total room system design four years or so ago. So I now believe that improvements will now come from changes beyond my control, like improvements in streaming quality and especially in Atmos streams. The BPO have made significant strides in this direction this season.

We don't spend a lot of time on the source, which is I suppose understandable, since it is beyond our control. However, at least for me it is at the point where it would have to figure into any system change being worthwhile.

Definitely been better strides over the board in video than AV over the years; both in TVs and Projectors.

I'm trying to decide on an 83'' G3 or a NZ7/NZ8 PJ. Both have had great sides in PQ to upgrade over my 77'' A80J and N5 and they're devices which aren't THAT old.

I reckon my Perlisten's, unless I dramatically increase room size by moving house, will last for a long while. I doubt I'll ever go for a gaudy cinema room - prefer the luxurious intimate look - so I'll likely never commit to JBL etc. due to looks.

A

aht3

Audiophyte
I really wonder how these would stack up when compared to the Paradigm Signature Sub2? Any thoughts?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I really wonder how these would stack up when compared to the Paradigm Signature Sub2? Any thoughts?
Loving provided you the links of both reviews and Shady commented that the D15 a would be the choice in the other thread you asked. From a technical standpoint the D15 wins in the most important categories, not that the Sub2 is bad, the D15 is just better.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Order one of each and try them out....keep the one you think is best.
I assume that to ask the difference, money is no object to you.

A

aoaaron

Audioholic Intern
Loving provided you the links of both reviews and Shady commented that the D15 a would be the choice in the other thread you asked. From a technical standpoint the D15 wins in the most important categories, not that the Sub2 is bad, the D15 is just better.
D15 or D215s? I can't see a review for the D15S.

A

aoaaron

Audioholic Intern
I did not know cost was an audible character. There are reviewers who believe they are a bargain.
He liked a post which suggested the Perlisten uses an ultimax driver. I think we can safely discount any of his comments.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis