Paradigm 100v4 with receiver, or amp and receiver?

J

Jleis14

Junior Audioholic
If you guys could buy any sub to add to your system what would it be? And I want to add two subs, I already have a Martin Logan sub. Do they both have to match or can you have different subs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
If you guys could buy any sub to add to your system what would it be? And I want to add two subs, I already have a Martin Logan sub. Do they both have to match or can you have different subs?

Have you used the calculator to find out your power need yet?

J

Jleis14

Junior Audioholic
I think I entered the correct numbers. Here is what I got.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Sub selection is determined by room dimensions and volume.

J

Jleis14

Junior Audioholic
I’ll measure my room tonight. Is one 12 inch better than two 10 inch subs?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I’ll measure my room tonight. Is one 12 inch better than two 10 inch subs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and haven't figured out how to remove this annoying ad
Maybe, more depends on the particular subs as to their particulars.

Here's an article on room size ratings for subs https://www.audioholics.com/loudspeaker-design/subwoofer-room-size

You can run mismatched subs but you'll be limited by the least capable sub generally, and if very different in performance could be hard to integrate well. Or you could read up on Geddes' suggestions that cover such.

J

Jleis14

Junior Audioholic
Maybe, more depends on the particular subs as to their particulars.

Here's an article on room size ratings for subs https://www.audioholics.com/loudspeaker-design/subwoofer-room-size

You can run mismatched subs but you'll be limited by the least capable sub generally, and if very different in performance could be hard to integrate well. Or you could read up on Geddes' suggestions that cover such.
Sounds like marching them up would be best. The best I can afford is what I want! I wish there were more high end home theater stores in Cincinnati or Dayton. Nothing like hearing them to decide what you like. What my ears like is probably different from yours and so on.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Sounds like marching them up would be best. The best I can afford is what I want! I wish there were more high end home theater stores in Cincinnati or Dayton. Nothing like hearing them to decide what you like. What my ears like is probably different from yours and so on.
SVS is located in Youngstown, Ohio

Road Trip!!!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Most in-store demos of subs won't really tell you a lot about how well they work let alone how they will work in your particular room. I think you're safe going with good third party tests/reviews like those shadyj does here on Audioholics, Josh Ricci at data-bass.com and Brent Butterworth's.

J

Jleis14

Junior Audioholic
Youngstown is about 4 hours from me. That would be a fun little get-away.

I’ll take a look at their reviews. I just want movies to feel like I’m in the actual movie theater.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Do they provide on-site demos? I can't say I've ever read of anyone reporting on such....
Under old Management you could tour the Facility. Call ahead. I don't think they would turn you down.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I’ll take a look at their reviews. I just want movies to feel like I’m in the actual movie theater.
Movie Theater??? How about Better then a Movie Theater. How about standing in the Fucking Action Better. :p

J

Jleis14

Junior Audioholic
Movie Theater??? How about Better then a Movie Theater. How about standing in the Fucking Action Better. :p
Hey if that’s what I can do I’m all for it! I just know how it’s setup now it’s not blowing my socks off. I think I relied too much on the 100v4 towers to carry the rest of the setup.

J

Jleis14

Junior Audioholic
Haha it’s that bad!?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis