Outlaw Audio Black Friday

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
Never had any Outlaw Amps. At those prices, would be worth getting just to try out.

B

buz914

Audiophyte
That's a deal!

Was waiting for this sale, was hoping the Ultra X13 would be included, but its not on sale. Bummer!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
It always surprises me that three-channel amps are so rare while using external application for the front three makes so much sense! At least outlaw recognizes the bundle of three as "a thing"!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
That's a deal!

Was waiting for this sale, was hoping the Ultra X13 would be included, but its not on sale. Bummer!
They usually do a Christmas sale too... last year the 2200s didn’t go on sale until then... perhaps you’ll see the x13 on the list then. :)
I’ve been super happy with them.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
$500 for a pair of BLSv2 speakers... That's a really good deal for a solid pair of speakers.

Shanman

Shanman

Audioholic
It always surprises me that three-channel amps are so rare while using external application for the front three makes so much sense! At least outlaw recognizes the bundle of three as "a thing"!
One thing really giving me pause in this instance is 3 more damn plugs!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I have 5 plugged into one good power strip. Easy route with the cables away from the gear and to a separate wall outlet. :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
If you don't have one of these, you probably should!
Or a simpler version, but the Tripp-lite Isobar series seems to be the protector most recommended by the guys here!

Shanman

Shanman

Audioholic
Yep, currently got things covered with a 6 outlet isobar, but its full....
How many amps does each of those 2220's pull? I couldnt seem to find that on the Outlaw page.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Yep, currently got things covered with a 6 outlet isobar, but its full....
How many amps does each of those 2220's pull? I couldnt seem to find that on the Outlaw page.
200w is ~1.667 amps on a 120v line. I don't think I ever have gotten close to these running full tilt. I also have on the same 20A circuit, my computer, 2 X-13 Subs, the AVR, TV, and BD, as well as other gadgetry (modem, routers, etc.)

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
200w is ~1.667 amps on a 120v line. I don't think I ever have gotten close to these running full tilt. I also have on the same 20A circuit, my computer, 2 X-13 Subs, the AVR, TV, and BD, as well as other gadgetry (modem, routers, etc.)
Based on the fact that a 2200 operates on the Class AB output configuration, and assuming that it is not more efficient than 65%, this would mean that in theory, for a 200W output it would draw at least 2.6 amps on a 120v line.
EDIT: Of course, since that power demand would only apply for peak music SPL lasting for only a fraction of a second, it's unlikely that it would even come very close to that demand as a great percentage of the output in such situation is supplied by the reserve of the capacitors in the power supply.

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Based on the fact that a 2200 operates on the Class AB output configuration, and assuming that it is not more efficient than 65%, this means that for a 200W output it would draw at least 2.6 amps on a 120v line.
Thanks! :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis