Outlaw B-Stock Sale!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I keep telling myself that I do NOT need the 2160! But, the B-stock price of only $629 shipped! That really is one heck of a deal. It is so tempting. I promised myself that I would NOT go back into debt again. Oh Lord please talk me out of it.......LOL!!!! :p I admit though it is perfect for my needs.

Cheers,

Phil

L

LPJR

Audioholic Intern
I’m considering pulling the trigger too. Debating between the outlaw 2160, or the yammy AS801 or RN803. Probably hard to go wrong with either!

I like the variable loudness feature on the yammy. But the outlaw supposedly has responsive tone controls and a speaker EQ button, which can be tweaked for late night listening. Also like that it has an FM HD tuner built it.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I’m considering pulling the trigger too. Debating between the outlaw 2160, or the yammy AS801 or RN803. Probably hard to go wrong with either!

I like the variable loudness feature on the yammy. But the outlaw supposedly has responsive tone controls and a speaker EQ button, which can be tweaked for late night listening. Also like that it has an FM HD tuner built it.
I completely understand. However, at this time I am not going to order the 2160. I have my debt paid down to a more reasonable level. If I order the 2160 I will back above the $1K range. As hard as it is to show restraint, that is EXACTLY what I am going to do. Perhaps, there will be other deals on the 2160 when my debt is nearly paid off. If so, then that would be the time to order. Best wishes on your decision. :)

Cheers,

Phil

L

LPJR

Audioholic Intern
I’m sure they will run it on sale again. They do periodically. New audio gear sounds that much sweeter when you get a good deal! What do you think of Yammy’s I mentioned above? Ever demoed?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I’m sure they will run it on sale again. They do periodically. New audio gear sounds that much sweeter when you get a good deal! What do you think of Yammy’s I mentioned above? Ever demoed?
Yeah I hope to get a deal on the 2160 a little later down the road. Saving money is so darn hard to do. I have owned a few Yammy AVR's, but not any that you mention. But, Outlaw typically rates their power specs very conservatively. Not taking anything from Yamaha, but I like the retro look of the 2160 better. I think you will be hard pressed to go wrong with any of the (3) you mention.

Cheers,

Phil

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I keep telling myself that I do NOT need the 2160! But, the B-stock price of only $629 shipped! That really is one heck of a deal. It is so tempting. I promised myself that I would NOT go back into debt again. Oh Lord please talk me out of it.......LOL!!!! :p I admit though it is perfect for my needs.

Cheers,

Phil
I'm right there with you. I would LOVE to have a 2160 but my HK 3490 is only 7 years old and is fine sounding in its own right. However the availability of internet radio and HD radio makes it so so tempting.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I'm right there with you. I would LOVE to have a 2160 but my HK 3490 is only 7 years old and is fine sounding in its own right. However the availability of internet radio and HD radio makes it so so tempting.
We are on the same page. I also like the Emotiva TA-100 and the Cambridge SR20. Could kick myself for selling my SR20. Oh well, we all live and learn! :cool:

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
@davidscott I forgot to mention that the Emotiva TA-100 and/or the Cambridge SR20 does NOT offer bass management. Well, the SR20 has a 200 Hz LPF on the sub pre-out. Bass management is very important. Unless, you are going all 2 CH. I am headed in that direction myself.

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
the SR20 is available on amazon for 499 btw
Yeah, but w/o true bass management may be a real issue for my needs. That is why I sold mine off to begin with. But, I sure did love how it made my Wharfedale Diamond 220's and the Denton 80th Anniversary speakers sound. May look into a Cambridge integrated amp when my funds are better. Unfortunately, it may be a while though.

Cheers,

Phil

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis