Onkyo AVR: 4K @ 60hz, HDR/Dolby Vision "flicker"

L

lhall003

Audiophyte
My Samsung TV flickers when I send 2160x60 from my media player. Dolby Atmos Series like House of Dragons will actually freeze or the picture will drop out completely. This can be rectified by lowering the media players output to 2160x24. You can also set your media players to auto for a temporary fix but it will change back to 2160x60 as needed and may not return to 2160x24 when applicable. The manual setting should these handshake problems. You must recheck your settings after unplugging or rebooting your media players as well.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
What is the model of Samsung TV and Onkyo receiver? Media players? What are the specs of the HDMI cables? Premium Certified? Ultra Certified? Media played at 4K 60Hz will take up more bandwidth than those played at 24Hz. There are different designations for 4K Enhanced mode. Samsung TVs should have Input Signal Plus turned ON in each of the HDMI ports. Onkyo uses the 4K Enhanced mode designation but older models may not support it. Some received an update for it and, if so, it can be turned ON.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My Samsung only has Signal plus on 2 inputs, so the device in question has to be connected to one of those.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis