Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Streaming my Pink Floyd playlist remembering the eclipse. Everything under the sun is in tune but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

IMG_4214.jpeg

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm visiting my daughter and family. All my hosts are napping so I;m down listening to a few tunes on the system I built for them.

IMG_1865.jpg

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Seeing the Rainbow post reminded me to post the super deluxe version of Machine Head by Deep Purple. I have several different versions of this rock holy grail. This version with the remix by Dweezil Zappa is worth listening to. Hearing new versions of songs like Smoke On the Water and Lazy is eye opening. The way instruments are placed in space in the soundstage will have you appreciating your sound system all over again. Turn off the lights. Fire up the lava lamp and have a listen.

IMG_4228.jpeg

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Re wired my rigs speaker cables today swapping my old 10-foot 14 gauge ofc with some 8-foot 12 gauge ofc cable. I think I might hear a very slight difference but probably not. Anyway, since I have a fairly high-powered amp 150 wpc into my 4-ohm speakers I think it was worth the small cost. What gauge and length speaker cable are you guys using? BTW all my cables are inexpensive WBC cables since I don't make my own. Anyway back to the question - I'm streaming some Seals and Croft. Diamond Girl is one of my absolute favorites of all time.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Re wired my rigs speaker cables today swapping my old 10-foot 14 gauge ofc with some 8-foot 12 gauge ofc cable. I think I might hear a very slight difference but probably not. Anyway, since I have a fairly high-powered amp 150 wpc into my 4-ohm speakers I think it was worth the small cost. What gauge and length speaker cable are you guys using? BTW all my cables are inexpensive WBC cables since I don't make my own. Anyway back to the question - I'm streaming some Seals and Croft. Diamond Girl is one of my absolute favorites of all time.
Diamond Girl is a great tune along with Summer Breeze.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Seeing the Rainbow post reminded me to post the super deluxe version of Machine Head by Deep Purple. I have several different versions of this rock holy grail. This version with the remix by Dweezil Zappa is worth listening to. Hearing new versions of songs like Smoke On the Water and Lazy is eye opening. The way instruments are placed in space in the soundstage will have you appreciating your sound system all over again. Turn off the lights. Fire up the lava lamp and have a listen.

View attachment 67263
I prefer vinyl for this album. I still have my original bought in the '70s. There was a lot of life happening around that record.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
I prefer vinyl for this album. I still have my original bought in the '70s. There was a lot of life happening around that record.
There is a vinyl record if you buy the box set. It’s a “smoky purple“ With the new remix. I’m Streaming since all of the music including the 2 concerts are available online and the box set is expensive. I’m watching it and if the price comes down I’ll probably buy it.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Yesterday's listening selections

Both of these are new releases by these artists

img-006.JPG
img-007.JPG

My bed time listen

IMG_1866.jpg
IMG_1867.jpg

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Streaming some older Fleetwood Mac (pre-Rumors). I really like Mystery to Me featuring Bob Welch vocals on Hypnotized.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis