Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Question, many past presidential candidates have had a small press pool traveling with them leading up to the election. Is Trump or Biden doing this or is it too soon?
don't know but one thing i do know ........my mute button on my remote is getting a work out ;)

jinjuku

jinjuku

Another thing: I want someone to try and convince me there hasn't been press/journalistic/media sophistry in shielding Biden.

It's like we need body cams for the Press and our elected officials where footage is uploaded raw and unedited. The press didn't miss this... They just omitted it.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Another thing: I want someone to try and convince me there hasn't been press/journalistic/media sophistry in shielding Biden.

It's like we need body cams for the Press and our elected officials where footage is uploaded raw and unedited. The press didn't miss this... They just omitted it.
A report came out that the press met privately with Biden at a black tie event several months ago. Afterward, they were all joking with each other about how dead Biden already is. Of course, none of them reported it.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I'm at the point that the people backing Biden are either part of the solution or part of the problem. I've been concerned with Biden's health for a few years now and he's on a typical, age related, quick decline.

I expect Harris to both be empathetic and support Biden in a personal sense while also doing her job and serving the U.S. citizen as her role as VP and to pull the train horn. This is all their primary job. Now it could well be they don't think it's an issue or don't see the obviousness what the rest of us are seeing.

She hasn't done that. I occasionally have to speak up at my job and speak truth to power. You can do it respectfully and professionally. And if you get to a point that you can't do that you need to cut bait.

Then you have the politically blinkered up to two weeks ago telling everyone here they couldn't believe their lying eyes. Telling me I'm 'a fucking moron' and telling TLSGuy that he's a MAGA republican when he makes a good point from an armchair position as an MD.

Instead what the name callers should have done is simply concede a point and apologize. That's another problem all together. Now that the cat is out of the back it's crickets from them.

Never mind the fact I voted for Biden and prior election I didn't vote for Trump. But I've been called a Trumper... It's not the worst thing I've been called. But I'll take being correct over fanciful/delusional any day of the week if all it means is a moron calls me something bad.
I'm not sure his decline is 'typical'- he did have surgery to repair an aneurysm in the '80s and he seems to be affected WRT facial movement on one since more than the other. He has also fallen more often than I would expect someone who hasn't been affected by some kind of brain injury.

WRT Harris, she has been pretty defensive in a way that's closer to anger than objectivity lately, especially when someone asks about Biden's mental state- she was supposed to be 'the border czar' and she had done absolutely nothing about that. If that's the kind of POTUS she would be when dealing with difficult and contentious problems, I'll pass.

I didn't want him as POTUS because of his loose grasp on the truth and if someone were to look at his record in Congress, it's not particularly impressive. I don't like not having a candidate to prefer and it has been that way for a long time.

He talks about writing the crime bill- while he may have been involved, he wasn't the main person. He also talks about not wanting to send people to the Middle East to fight, but he was just another one to speak the obvious and oddly correct statement "I was for it before I was against it".

Apologize? Are we talking about the same people who lambaste anyone who disagrees with them?

As I have posted before, they all (Congress, SCOTUS and POTUS) need to care about the country, not their parties. With 13% approval rating, Congress sure seems to think they're doing the right things- if they were, the country might be split down the party line.

highfigh

highfigh

Sure beats editing, compiling and using CG/AI to make a group of comments and situations look real. The last thing we need is a Wizard Of Oz committee making an acid trip seem real.

highfigh

highfigh

A report came out that the press met privately with Biden at a black tie event several months ago. Afterward, they were all joking with each other about how dead Biden already is. Of course, none of them reported it.
Who wants their name associated with something like that when the Dems include the Clintons?

I saw a comedian say something similar to "No 'former friends' of the Clintons live to old age".

T

TankTop5

Who wants their name associated with something like that when the Dems include the Clintons?

I saw a comedian say something similar to "No 'former friends' of the Clintons live to old age".
Not like the Republicans in the house have a backbone but if they had a brain they’d call a hearing and ask Biden’s Cabinet, aides and Kamala to testify about their knowledge of Biden’s mental health.

Leaks are already happening and it’s only going to get worse.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan

I'm not sure if I am or am not defending the press, but of course they've been covering up for Biden, particularly his age. He's rarely even on camera, and this isn't anything new. It goes back to '19 or '20. He can barely walk, or know who he is or what's going around him. So yeah it's bad, but it's not a surprise after four years.

To another reply I briefly saw, well Alzheimers or some other cognitive decline is only really useful as an argument when the person is younger. Saying you think something else is going on there.... he's old LOL.

T

TankTop5

I'm not sure if I am or am not defending the press, but of course they've been covering up for Biden, particularly his age. He's rarely even on camera, and this isn't anything new. It goes back to '19 or '20. He can barely walk, or know who he is or what's going around him. So yeah it's bad, but it's not a surprise after four years.

To another reply I briefly saw, well Alzheimers or some other cognitive decline is only really useful as an argument when the person is younger. Saying you think something else is going on there.... he's old LOL.
OMG I actually agree with you! Nobody knows the cause of Biden’s mental decline but it is apparent and he needs a thorough evaluation

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Classic was Feinstein at 90 being hauled around in a wheelchair LOL. Add some tubes in her nose for humor. Well hopefully there will be a law in place on age limits after this. [shrug]

jinjuku

jinjuku

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.” ― George Orwell, 1984

highfigh

highfigh

If someone's mental decline affects their ability to conduct the business of being POTUS, it matters, regardless of age. In the private sector, it really matters to the board, shareholders and customers if the person goes off on a tangent and tanks a company, which happened to Harnischfeger (as in, the cranes with the PH logo that were used for mining and heavy construction). That guy had a mid-life crisis while he was president of the company, but he got that position by lying about his education and qualifications. Kubota bought the assets & liabilities and the local FBI office is in the HQ building.

T

TankTop5

If someone's mental decline affects their ability to conduct the business of being POTUS, it matters, regardless of age. In the private sector, it really matters to the board, shareholders and customers if the person goes off on a tangent and tanks a company, which happened to Harnischfeger (as in, the cranes with the PH logo that were used for mining and heavy construction). That guy had a mid-life crisis while he was president of the company, but he got that position by lying about his education and qualifications. Kubota bought the assets & liabilities and the local FBI office is in the HQ building.
I could give a little pass to Senators and the House (very little) as their decisions aren’t immediate but POTUS needs to be able to make split second decisions when woken up at 3am… or after 8pm. Every president I can remember has aged significantly while in office, it takes something from you. I don’t know that Trump even has another term in him, Joe definitely does not.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
OMG I actually agree with you! Nobody knows the cause of Biden’s mental decline but it is apparent and he needs a thorough evaluation
I'm not sure he needs an evaluation to know what I already know. He's old LOL. I hope though they put age limits in place, and politicians learn the phrase exiting with dignity LOL.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Was at lunch and friends said sometimes Biden spaces out, but they didnt think its dementia. :oops:;)

highfigh

highfigh

I could give a little pass to Senators and the House (very little) as their decisions aren’t immediate but POTUS needs to be able to make split second decisions when woken up at 3am… or after 8pm. Every president I can remember has aged significantly while in office, it takes something from you. I don’t know that Trump even has another term in him, Joe definitely does not.
I don't give Congress a pass for anything- they shove us in directions we don't need to go and guide us away from paths we DO need to take.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis