davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
And now, the Mayor and others in MKE are all butt hurt about him calling the city 'horrible. If someone can point out the great things and compare them to the bad, good probably isn't going to outweigh the bad. Yesterday alone, 3 dead, 5 wounded, one is 6 years old. In the last two weeks, a 10 and 9 year old were shot dead in their beds, the 6 year old and a 3 year old were shot and injured. So far in 2024, at least 30 under the age of 18 have been shot, according to the MPD.

Used to be that MKE had all kinds of great activities that whole families could enjoy. While they can still enjoy these, it's no longer safe- even during Juneteenth celebrations, people are being shot & killed. During the Bucks championship celebration, I think 16 were shot within a block of the arena in two events- the Police were investigating the first shootings and some a$$hole started shooting half a block away from the cops! Once again, Sherman Park was the scene of shootings- that place may sound familiar because the area was burned and looted after a police-related shooting.

If someone wants to try to make MKE look like a good, safe place, great but as I have posted before, it's up to its arm pits as it circles the drain.
Hmm, maybe dial back the semi auto weapons and the bump stocks? Don't get me wrong, I own a couple of pistols, but these semi auto rifles seem to be the major source of mass shootings. JMHO of course.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
How are democrats being uncivil compared to the current GOP?
Seriously? If you can't see that they're not being civil, your perception is very skewed, especially if you only watch CNN and other equivalent news outlets. Conversely, anyone who watches Fox and its equivalents are in the same bucket. I blame mainstream media and social media for most of the rancor and bad info being passed off as news.

I'm not saying that the GOP/Rhinos/etc are being civil- far from it. I'm saying that NEITHER side is being civil and the lies, cheating and other BS are completely unacceptable. Among other reasons, the US election process is making the country look like morons.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Seriously? If you can't see that they're not being civil, your perception is very skewed, especially if you only watch CNN and other equivalent news outlets. Conversely, anyone who watches Fox and its equivalents are in the same bucket. I blame mainstream media and social media for most of the rancor and bad info being passed off as news.

I'm not saying that the GOP/Rhinos/etc are being civil- far from it. I'm saying that NEITHER side is being civil and the lies, cheating and other BS are completely unacceptable. Among other reasons, the US election process is making the country look like morons.
I'm not talking about media, but the actual politicians. The democrats seem to be remaining relatively sane especially compared to the insanity/ncivility of the maga/drumph republicans....the sane/civil republicans are being forced from the party as they're not being uncivil and unpatriotic enough. If you conflate the two parties at this point I'd say you're not paying attention. The lies on the GOP side are immense....what compares on the demo side?

highfigh

highfigh

Hmm, maybe dial back the semi auto weapons and the bump stocks? Don't get me wrong, I own a couple of pistols, but these semi auto rifles seem to be the major source of mass shootings. JMHO of course.
Bullshyte! Pistols are the weapon of choice, by far. The news sensationalizes the rifles and bump stocks have only been used a couple of times, in total. If they were made for people who have limited or no use of an arm/hand, which is supposedly the intended purpose, let people who want them go through the ADA or a doctor, but make it very illegal to sell them to people who don't have a disability. We don't really need full-auto weapons and the 'switch' for Glock pistols are hard to regulate- I can post a video of an idiot who posted himself going through a 30 round mag on YouTube- complete waste of food & air, but he kept being bailed out. He's in prison now, but after he had been released, he killed a 'friend' at the same place my former neighbor was shot (hit six times) during an attempted robbery.

Everyone gets squeamish when they see AR-style rifles, but they're not easy to conceal although, at least one was used last week- one was used at a park/playground and MPD found ten shell casings from a 5.56mm rifle- I didn't hear the length.

Catch & release is only working for the criminals.

BTW- do you know who ordered the ban on bump stocks in 2017?

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

I'm not talking about media, but the actual politicians. The democrats seem to be remaining relatively sane especially compared to the insanity/ncivility of the maga/drumph republicans....the sane/civil republicans are being forced from the party as they're not being uncivil and unpatriotic enough. If you conflate the two parties at this point I'd say you're not paying attention. The lies on the GOP side are immense....what compares on the demo side?
Have you watched Nadler, AOC, Hillary (still), Schumer, etc during hearings and news briefings? I'm not conflating anything but they're both guilty of bad behavior and speech, each in their own ways.

I was never a registered Republican and at this point, they're gonna have to do a 180 for me to even consider listening to them again. The independents always fall on their faces and I don't like the Democrat candidates. My views carry over to WI state politics, too- this state is crap, as I have posted. Lots of places to go and things to do, but day to day life is becoming one big suck. I think I mentioned auto insurance rates being jacked up over the last two years; check out this video to see why (state legislators are allowing it and not doing anything to change the problem)-

A 4 year old and his mother were run over by her boyfriend about three months ago- he had been in the house of corrections and on probation for another vehicle-related death while he was driving and then he killed again. Do you think he has ever had a valid driver's license?

It doesn't need to be this way.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Have you watched Nadler, AOC, Hillary (still), Schumer, etc during hearings and news briefings? I'm not conflating anything but they're both guilty of bad behavior and speech, each in their own ways.

I was never a registered Republican and at this point, they're gonna have to do a 180 for me to even consider listening to them again. The independents always fall on their faces and I don't like the Democrat candidates. My views carry over to WI state politics, too- this state is crap, as I have posted. Lots of places to go and things to do, but day to day life is becoming one big suck. I think I mentioned auto insurance rates being jacked up over the last two years; check out this video to see why (state legislators are allowing it and not doing anything to change the problem)-

A 4 year old and his mother were run over by her boyfriend about three months ago- he had been in the house of corrections and on probation for another vehicle-related death while he was driving and then he killed again. Do you think he has ever had a valid driver's license?

It doesn't need to be this way.
No, it doesn't need to be this way but this is the way we as a country have shaped things. Hoist by one's own petard to an extent.

I've seen some of the comments of the democrats mentioned, and haven't seen the insanity/incivility anywhere near that of the maga crowd....seems if anything the democrats have remained calm and level headed in comparison. Maga is f*cking nuts, tho.

highfigh

highfigh

No, it doesn't need to be this way but this is the way we as a country have shaped things. Hoist by one's own petard to an extent.

I've seen some of the comments of the democrats mentioned, and haven't seen the insanity/incivility anywhere near that of the maga crowd....seems if anything the democrats have remained calm and level headed in comparison. Maga is f*cking nuts, tho.
If someone were to test high school seniors on their knowledge of US government, how it's supposed to operate vs how it's being perverted, maybe people would make informed decisions on voting day, but it's all about feelings and opinions, rather than facts.

We must be listening to different Democrats but yeah, MAGA people are nuts. I can't say that America is great, though. Some aspects are, but if we list the bad vs the good as objectively as possible, it wouldn't look good. I don't like anyone who's a complete freak about buying as many guns as possible- I have posted about a guy who got a job at Gander Mountain, just so he could buy lots of guns and ammo, but I really don't think he should have access to any, for any reason. I worked with one of his cousins and that guy used to wear one of the big NRA belt buckles with "The right to bear arms" on the front but I would be very surprised if he or the wacko cousin could quote the full text.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If someone were to test high school seniors on their knowledge of US government, how it's supposed to operate vs how it's being perverted, maybe people would make informed decisions on voting day, but it's all about feelings and opinions, rather than facts.

We must be listening to different Democrats but yeah, MAGA people are nuts. I can't say that America is great, though. Some aspects are, but if we list the bad vs the good as objectively as possible, it wouldn't look good. I don't like anyone who's a complete freak about buying as many guns as possible- I have posted about a guy who got a job at Gander Mountain, just so he could buy lots of guns and ammo, but I really don't think he should have access to any, for any reason. I worked with one of his cousins and that guy used to wear one of the big NRA belt buckles with "The right to bear arms" on the front but I would be very surprised if he or the wacko cousin could quote the full text.
Civics classes today may lack, don't know, could depend on school district, too. So just how is it being perverted particularly (other than by maga nuts)?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

See the guy who is wearing a "Make Liberals Cry Again 2020" t-shirt, and he's asked who cried after the election? Long pause.:p There's also a lady with a "Trump's Tweets Matter" t-shirt. Where do these people come from?:)
I am speechless. :eek: Doesn't happen often.

highfigh

highfigh

Civics classes today may lack, don't know, could depend on school district, too. So just how is it being perverted particularly (other than by maga nuts)?
If you want to see something really bad, check out Milwaukee Public School System. The superintendent resigned under pressure, the system is late with inaccurate reports and that alone is likely to cost the district $50Million plus his severance of $160K + a $32K portfolio for his time in office this year (his annual salary was $303K). The approved budget as of last week is $1.5B and they just successfully had a referendum for an additional $250+ Million. It's looking like the whole school board may be recalled and the Gov wants a full audit. I have been saying that for at least ten years because performance, attendance, truancy/tardiness and discipline have been huge problems and even with the number of members in the system, none of this has changed for the better. IIRC, the school board was very small and it was better but IMO, they aren't creating interest in the students to stay. A lot of the kids I hear on the news sound well-educated, but reading the news and seeing the crimes committed by kids who are younger than 16 tells another story.

I just searched using 'How bad is the Milwaukee Public School System, really?' and holy buckets!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If you want to see something really bad, check out Milwaukee Public School System. The superintendent resigned under pressure, the system is late with inaccurate reports and that alone is likely to cost the district $50Million plus his severance of $160K + a $32K portfolio for his time in office this year (his annual salary was $303K). The approved budget as of last week is $1.5B and they just successfully had a referendum for an additional $250+ Million. It's looking like the whole school board may be recalled and the Gov wants a full audit. I have been saying that for at least ten years because performance, attendance, truancy/tardiness and discipline have been huge problems and even with the number of members in the system, none of this has changed for the better. IIRC, the school board was very small and it was better but IMO, they aren't creating interest in the students to stay. A lot of the kids I hear on the news sound well-educated, but reading the news and seeing the crimes committed by kids who are younger than 16 tells another story.

I just searched using 'How bad is the Milwaukee Public School System, really?' and holy buckets!
Between school boards and lazy parents....lots of crap is possible.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan

If you want results, I know, lets spend more! Really though I'd like to see America become more fiscally conservative.

highfigh

highfigh

If you want results, I know, lets spend more! Really though I'd like to see America become more fiscally conservative.
Can't put a fire out by tossing buckets of money on it and MPS has been a bad performer with the budget higher than $1B for at least 7 years. I saw a stat yesterday showing that student enrollment has dropped 23% (went from ~98,000 to 76,000 students) since 2001but not why, and it could have many reasons. Two of these are: the use of charter school which has been due to parents not wanting their kids to go to MPS and the high drop out rate. My whole problem with the 'Tax & Spend, Tax & Spend, Tax & Spend' form of government is that they get the money and look for ways to spend it. The Governor announced that the state had a $7+ Billion reserve and immediately asked how it could be spent. WTF is that? Milwaukee also loses a lot of law suits, usually around $1Million, each. They talk about the cost of the PD as if it's not due to the high crime rates but then, they reduce funding and crime increases because the precincts don't have enough officers or resources. They recently jacked the sales tax in MKE city (up 2%) and county (.4%) and there was no referendum, they just announced it. That's up almost 44% in one shot and an article in the paper showed that they collected >$45M in additional revenue, as if it's a good thing but they completely missed the FACT that people lost >$45M in buying power. That was for the period starting on Jan, 1, 2024.

Governments need to look for value for the money they spend. Waste is just what they do- I have yet to see an expense and think "THAT was a bargain!". I bitched about the school referendum in the city where I live (pop. 14K, at the edge of MKE)- $77.4 M for a school with enrollment of ~1260 students and they don't expect that number to increase. We had >2200 students when I was at that school and we never complained that we needed twice as much space for each of us, but the 'experts' decided that the precious dears need space for their feelings.

Ya know, school administrators tell us all about their Master's and PhD education, published books and articles and how they have a plan- not enough PEOPLE are interested in who's hired for government positions and it's not only the parents who should be involved. People who don't or no longer have kids in school aren't looking at the details, but we need to.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Can't put a fire out by tossing buckets of money on it and MPS has been a bad performer with the budget higher than $1B for at least 7 years. I saw a stat yesterday showing that student enrollment has dropped 23% (went from ~98,000 to 76,000 students) since 2001but not why, and it could have many reasons. Two of these are: the use of charter school which has been due to parents not wanting their kids to go to MPS and the high drop out rate. My whole problem with the 'Tax & Spend, Tax & Spend, Tax & Spend' form of government is that they get the money and look for ways to spend it. The Governor announced that the state had a $7+ Billion reserve and immediately asked how it could be spent. WTF is that? Milwaukee also loses a lot of law suits, usually around $1Million, each. They talk about the cost of the PD as if it's not due to the high crime rates but then, they reduce funding and crime increases because the precincts don't have enough officers or resources. They recently jacked the sales tax in MKE city (up 2%) and county (.4%) and there was no referendum, they just announced it. That's up almost 44% in one shot and an article in the paper showed that they collected >$45M in additional revenue, as if it's a good thing but they completely missed the FACT that people lost >$45M in buying power. That was for the period starting on Jan, 1, 2024.

Governments need to look for value for the money they spend. Waste is just what they do- I have yet to see an expense and think "THAT was a bargain!". I bitched about the school referendum in the city where I live (pop. 14K, at the edge of MKE)- $77.4 M for a school with enrollment of ~1260 students and they don't expect that number to increase. We had >2200 students when I was at that school and we never complained that we needed twice as much space for each of us, but the 'experts' decided that the precious dears need space for their feelings.

Ya know, school administrators tell us all about their Master's and PhD education, published books and articles and how they have a plan- not enough PEOPLE are interested in who's hired for government positions and it's not only the parents who should be involved. People who don't or no longer have kids in school aren't looking at the details, but we need to.
I hope they only replace computers about once every five years. Like the part about taxes cause it gets hiked when spending is too high lol. A teacher who makes learning fun is important, but if education isn't valued at home we're just throwing money in the wind.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I am speechless. :eek: Doesn't happen often.
I really like the good Liars podcasts
Bullshyte! Pistols are the weapon of choice, by far. The news sensationalizes the rifles and bump stocks have only been used a couple of times, in total. If they were made for people who have limited or no use of an arm/hand, which is supposedly the intended purpose, let people who want them go through the ADA or a doctor, but make it very illegal to sell them to people who don't have a disability. We don't really need full-auto weapons and the 'switch' for Glock pistols are hard to regulate- I can post a video of an idiot who posted himself going through a 30 round mag on YouTube- complete waste of food & air, but he kept being bailed out. He's in prison now, but after he had been released, he killed a 'friend' at the same place my former neighbor was shot (hit six times) during an attempted robbery.

Everyone gets squeamish when they see AR-style rifles, but they're not easy to conceal although, at least one was used last week- one was used at a park/playground and MPD found ten shell casings from a 5.56mm rifle- I didn't hear the length.

Catch & release is only working for the criminals.

BTW- do you know who ordered the ban on bump stocks in 2017?
Pistols especially revolvers (which I own 2) for mass shootings? Cmon get serious. And I agree totally with the catch and release only working for criminals. Yeah, Trump helped ban them in 2017 so I will give him that.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I know half this thread is probably petty crap on my part, but jeez soulless politicians giving up every ounce of dignity for this man.:confused:

highfigh

highfigh

I know half this thread is probably petty crap on my part, but jeez soulless politicians giving up every ounce of dignity for this man.:confused:
"soulless politicians"- do you know of another kind?

OTOH, I have a hard time with people backing someone who wanders off frequently, doesn't seem to know where he is or why, nods off when he's with world leaders and has such a tenuous grasp of the truth. Then, he jetted off to CA for a fundraiser when he should have stayed at the G7 summit.

BTW- for all of his 'I want zero emissions" BS, five aircraft just to transport his motorcade is a bit disingenuous, don't you think? Too similar to Algore with his 16,000 ft² place with lots of lighting and huge energy bills, for my taste.

Denial isn't just the name of a river.

highfigh

highfigh

I hope they only replace computers about once every five years. Like the part about taxes cause it gets hiked when spending is too high lol. A teacher who makes learning fun is important, but if education isn't valued at home we're just throwing money in the wind.
The kids are too disruptive and abusive for the teachers to want to make it fun. Many want to get out ASPA and I know some who either left the system early or, as one put it, "I'm just puttin' in my time".

MPS had schools which weren't being used, but because of their bylaws, they were required to maintain them so they spent something like $16M to update 26 schools and they weren't allowed to sell off unused real estate.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis