Ok NEW PB 4000's this time it's for real Lol

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ok Movies Round 2. Wooooow ok stop no gushing! Keep it together! Deep breath. So I got off the phone with Ed today from SVS. Dude all those guys are just the FRIGGIN greatest. This guy spends an hour with me on the phone. I was only asking for 5 minutes. He spends an HOUR. Not because I asked him too because he wanted too. And he walks me through everything Audyssey I did yesterday. My friggin recievers entire menu and explains everything that's going on. I learned so much from him in that hour man. And just like I thought he was like we gotta raise those subs. So we end up at -10 on sub volume -4 on AV running it a little hot. He even takes the time to look up my surrounds run the frequency graphs on them and help me set the crossovers. The crazy thing is I think he was having more fun then I am! We get off the phone and I run through blade runner 2049 again. Here comes my observations. But first once again heads up to SVS on not just a great product but stellar I mean stellar customer performance. The best I've ever had. These guys go out of they're way exceeding your expectations without you even thinking to ask for it to make sure your as happy as you can get with your products. I'm never shopping anywhere else except for RSL speakers for anything else again. Both companies give me great sound on a realistic budget but man it feels so good to have those kind off people supporting you and they way they treat you your never afraid that things won't get handled in a way that makes you the happiest you can be that you decided to go with them. Both companies have the greatest people not just outstanding companies and with my budget that's where I'm sticking around for good. Okay next post observations

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ok we we set front L C R at 60hz those big crazy surrounds at 70hz. Subs -10 on subs -4 av audyssey levels and trim kept on all speakers. And holy friggin poop balls man! WOOOOOOW. WOOOOOOOOOOOW. Those subs come to LIFE. Just Mounstrous BASS I feel it on my body I feel it in the couch I feel it in my chest. Where I don't feel it is in the house or in rattling or in boomyness. The crazy part is the more I push them the more composed they seem to get! They like it when I push harder. They never never sound even feel like they're breaking a sweat. And speed! Transients! Detail! They're so quiet and yet so quick to HIT YOU then they get out of the way they literally stop and start on the turn of a dime!!!! Oh my LORD! Even when they're smashing your whole body and room they just have that phenomenon I mentioned yesterday. They're so delicate at the same time. They're smashing you yet they're stroking you. Caressing you all at the same time. My system has never sounded this good from highs to mids to lows to panning imaging and dynamics it's never shrill or straining it sounds as perfect as I've ever heard it on every single level and facet!!!. Oh my frickin gosh I LOVE THESE FRICKIN SUBS!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O!!!!!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I'm very very sorry guys I promised not to gush I lost control they're for a second. It wont happen again. ;)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Think William L here might have 3 towers too if I remember right. :)
Man, I sure would love a matching tower as a center! Someday if I can do an AT screen I will surely do 3 towers. FWIW, I don’t think my ocd would allow me to place all my speakers under the screen. IMO, off screen panning is much better with the mains off to the sides.
Anyway, someday maybe! Just need a damn avr!!!!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Man, I sure would love a matching tower as a center! Someday if I can do an AT screen I will surely do 3 towers. FWIW, I don’t think my ocd would allow me to place all my speakers under the screen. IMO, off screen panning is much better with the mains off to the sides.
Anyway, someday maybe! Just need a damn avr!!!!
I know all about the OCD I will tweak my system for days when I add something new to it!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Hey guys haven't been posting been lost in sub paradise for like two days straight I hope my neighbors don't hate me lol. There set up just perfect music and movies. Man I tell you what they blend so well. And everything sounds so good on them. I decided to push them just once I never got even close to reference. I heard the weirdest sound from both hallways. It was the frame of the house of the house moaning and creaking. That was epic o_Oo_Oo_O. I'll never do it again but boy it sure was fun! I just want to thank everyone for the advice encouragement and all the knowledge I learned with you. Give me a buzz if your heading through San Antonio Texas your welcome to come by and jam any time you like! Thank you all very much!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
For my final post other I just wanted to say I learned exactly how my system is going to develop. Its just been coming to me as I've been installing the system. I've scoped it out and it's very doable. Next step by the ultra Towers. But I don't plan on selling the prime towers. Oh no no sir buy just one more and use them for my surrounds backs and surrounds. Then prime elevations on the ceiling for atmos. Once that's complete 2 pc 4000's behind the couch for near field effect. Then separates amps then and finally then a bigger TV. That's my dream system. And I'm going to get there. With stuff on the house I've gotta work on this will take me four years to complete. But what the hell I wanna do it. It's not the end that's the best part gentleman it's the journey that gets you there. Best wishes to all of you.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
@Danzilla31

If you're gonna piece it all together (which is the best way to do it) just keep an eye out for products being discontinued. I ended up in a situation where I wanted to buy 1 more speaker and by the time I made that choice that speaker was long gone and I couldnt even find a used one. Ended up by 3 new speakers as a result.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
@Danzilla31

If you're gonna piece it all together (which is the best way to do it) just keep an eye out for products being discontinued. I ended up in a situation where I wanted to buy 1 more speaker and by the time I made that choice that speaker was long gone and I couldnt even find a used one. Ended up by 3 new speakers as a result.
Yeah I appreciate that my plan is to start looking at SVS outlet store. Just buy one speaker at a time. Warranty them so if anything goes wrong I can score another one. Man it's gonna take awhile and I'm gonna hafta pick up a lottof overtime at work but this is going to be a lottoff fun

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah I appreciate that my plan is to start looking at SVS outlet store. Just buy one speaker at a time. Warranty them so if anything goes wrong I can score another one. Man it's gonna take awhile and I'm gonna hafta pick up a lottof overtime at work but this is going to be a lottoff fun
Ya no reason the speakers and amps can’t last 20 years. AVRs and TVs should go 10 years or more.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I feel it on my body I feel it in the couch I feel it in my chest. They like it when I push harder. They're smashing you yet they're stroking you. Caressing you all at the same time. Oh my frickin gosh I LOVE THESE FRICKIN SUBS!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O!!!!!
Glad your wife didn't walk in on you.:D

Thanks for sharing, I'm gonna go hop in the shower!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Glad your wife didn't walk in on you.:D

Thanks for sharing, I'm gonna go hop in the shower!
Wife what wife? I don't need no wife when I have 2 of these big beautul gorgeous beauties sitting here with me!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ya no reason the speakers and amps can’t last 20 years. AVRs and TVs should go 10 years or more.
I know right? I had a pair of cerwin vega mx 250 I believe they were called in high school. They had a bigger brother the mx 400 they were a limited release for the military those dang things in my mind were AWESOME. I lugged those things around for like 20 years before they finally crapped out

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Hey guys haven't been posting been lost in sub paradise for like two days straight I hope my neighbors don't hate me lol. There set up just perfect music and movies. Man I tell you what they blend so well. And everything sounds so good on them. I decided to push them just once I never got even close to reference. I heard the weirdest sound from both hallways. It was the frame of the house of the house moaning and creaking. That was epic o_Oo_Oo_O. I'll never do it again but boy it sure was fun! I just want to thank everyone for the advice encouragement and all the knowledge I learned with you. Give me a buzz if your heading through San Antonio Texas your welcome to come by and jam any time you like! Thank you all very much!

Neighbors should:

Hate You.

You should:

Don’t care.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Dan, please stay away from those ports. I don’t want to hear about you on the news.

DJ
Hah hah!!! You read my mind oh snap you got me laughing so hard at that one!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis