Ok NEW PB 4000's this time it's for real Lol

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Hey guys gonna start the thread on the journey of setting them up. Also that way I can get good constructive feedback as I go along from you guys.
Day 1: The electricians are here today. I've got plenty of room on the breaker. No issues bid was good to run 2 dedicated 20 amp lines. The electrician and company are AWESOME. I'll be using the guy from now on. Cool dude has 40 years of experience.
Good news from SVS. They said I can run both subs on one dedicated 20 amp line no problemo. Awesome that means I've got another line left over for when I get power amps .
The electrician said something I want to run by you guys. He said by law he has to put these Ark or maybe ARC valves on these things. He said old tv's and old electronics have it and anything that uses it will trip the breaker on the new lines I contacted SVS and they said that they've never heard of it so I'm assuming it's not an issue. If anyone has any input to clarify that'd be great
Ok these guys are really moving and grooving. I'll send you guys a pic when it's done!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Here's them getting close did a little more damage then I was hoping but that's what happens when you run lines after a house is already done! Luckily he did it in a way where the plaster will be filled back in easy and just a touch up on paint. It should be good to go. Thank the Lord I'm not married! Lol
20180905_101756.jpg
20180905_101806.jpg

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Arc Fault Circuit Interrupters are kind of like a more modern breaker or Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter.

Meh, that isn't bad on the walls. Any respectable drywall person can repair that to the point that it is completely unnoticeable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arc-fault_circuit_interrupter

Key Info:
An arc-fault circuit interrupter (AFCI) also known as an arc-fault detection device (AFDD)[1] is a circuit breaker that breaks the circuit when it detects an electric arc in the circuit it protects to prevent electrical fires. An AFCI selectively distinguishes between a harmless arc (incidental to normal operation of switches, plugs, and brushed motors), and a potentially dangerous arc (that can occur, for example, in a lamp cord which has a broken conductor).

AFCI breakers have been required for circuits feeding electrical outlets in residential bedrooms by the electrical codes of Canada and the United States since the beginning of the 21st century; the U.S. National Electrical Code has required them to protect most residential outlets since 2014,[2] and the Canadian Electrical Code has since 2015.[3] In parts of the world using 230 V, where the higher voltage implies lower currents, specifically Western Europe and the UK, adoption is slower, and their use is optional, except in high risk cases.

In the USA, arc faults are one of the leading causes for residential electrical fires.[4] Each year in the United States, over 40,000 fires are attributed to home electrical wiring. These fires result in over 350 deaths and over 1,400 injuries each year.[5]

Conventional circuit breakers only respond to overloads and short circuits, so they do not protect against arcing conditions that produce erratic, and often reduced current. An AFCI is selective so that normal arcs do not cause it to trip. The AFCI circuitry continuously monitors the current and discriminates between normal and unwanted arcing conditions. Once detected, the AFCI opens its internal contacts, thus de-energizing the circuit and reducing the potential for a fire to occur.[6

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Arc Fault Circuit Interrupters are kind of like a more modern breaker or Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter.

Meh, that isn't bad on the walls. Any respectable drywall person can repair that to the point that it is completely unnoticeable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arc-fault_circuit_interrupter

Key Info:
An arc-fault circuit interrupter (AFCI) also known as an arc-fault detection device (AFDD)[1] is a circuit breaker that breaks the circuit when it detects an electric arc in the circuit it protects to prevent electrical fires. An AFCI selectively distinguishes between a harmless arc (incidental to normal operation of switches, plugs, and brushed motors), and a potentially dangerous arc (that can occur, for example, in a lamp cord which has a broken conductor).

AFCI breakers have been required for circuits feeding electrical outlets in residential bedrooms by the electrical codes of Canada and the United States since the beginning of the 21st century; the U.S. National Electrical Code has required them to protect most residential outlets since 2014,[2] and the Canadian Electrical Code has since 2015.[3] In parts of the world using 230 V, where the higher voltage implies lower currents, specifically Western Europe and the UK, adoption is slower, and their use is optional, except in high risk cases.

In the USA, arc faults are one of the leading causes for residential electrical fires.[4] Each year in the United States, over 40,000 fires are attributed to home electrical wiring. These fires result in over 350 deaths and over 1,400 injuries each year.[5]

Conventional circuit breakers only respond to overloads and short circuits, so they do not protect against arcing conditions that produce erratic, and often reduced current. An AFCI is selective so that normal arcs do not cause it to trip. The AFCI circuitry continuously monitors the current and discriminates between normal and unwanted arcing conditions. Once detected, the AFCI opens its internal contacts, thus de-energizing the circuit and reducing the potential for a fire to occur.[6
Super cool and helpful to know thank you

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ok all done 2 20 amp dedicated lines 1 for the subs and 1 for the amps coming in down the road. Next year for those definitely next year!!!!!
20180905_122023.jpg

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
The 4000's are here! The 4000's are here!!!!! Bjorn's called I came in they even let me in they're warehouse to see em. I got to touch em and tell them Daddy was here and everything is going to be ok Lol. I was going to pick them up but its raining so bad they offered to deliver them to me this afternoon free of charge. That was super cool of them. I love that store they always treat you with the best customer service man. I'll post some pics and impressions when they're in the house!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Bjorn's just dropped them off in the rain from they're delivery truck And helped me bring them in the house.
Message_1537041977848.jpg
I cannot say enough good things about these guys

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ok day 1000 lol
They've arrived and first impressions are of size and weight. They are massive even in the box just getting them in the house was a task. I have a physical job and the 2 guys from Bjorn's do this stuff all day. So we just hauled then in here. Once I finish catching my breath I'm gonna start the unboxing process and then post you guys any impressions and or comments that come to mind.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
One observation now I'm really glad I got great feedback from you guys. I'm very happy with this decision first being aesthetics. It's a living room not a theater room so visual appeal will be important. Second as you guys informed handling equipment of this size is a big big learning experience. Trying to drive 2 210 lb Rhythmik FV25HP's down from Austin?In a Tacoma small cab? I probably would have screwed something up for sure.
And lastly this is my first real quality stepup in subs. Thanks to you guys In just learning how to properly measure blend and integrate my system. Like Shady mentions unless your acting like an idiot these are difficult to overdrive and allow the user some room for error. A great sub to learn with and then in a few years when I get the itch and I will:D I should be much more ready to handle a sub that requires a good amount of experience to pull the most performance out of it

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
[HQUOTE="lovinthehd, post: 1269511, member: 61636"]Have fun![/QUOTE]
Thanks! :D I think! :oops:

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Woke up from a nap got started. Ok out of the box and in position. SVS really nailed it with the packing. That was the easiest time I've had unpacking a speaker. The instructions are on one side you open up both ends push it out from the amp side and your done! The built in handles on the outside box are a great touch. Really helped out hauling it in. Now to unwrap em lol put the sliders underneath and them put em in place see what they look like.
20180915_180203.jpg

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ok unboxed and unwrapped impressions are that these are hands down the most beautiful subs I have ever seen. Period. I believe there are customized finishes on some brands that match or exceed these but not for a $100 dollars extra for each one. I've owned a lottof subs but never has any of them made me just stop and stare like this before. You know that kind off stare when you see that beautiful gorgeous girl walking by and you can't stop rotating your head? Until you run into that telephone pole? And then you recover and hope to God she didn't see you? Cuz your life would just be like devastated? Yeah that kind off stare. I also really like how with the controls on the front they're is so much clearance in the back. It makes wall placement a lot easier. You've got an inch or 2 more of headroom to work with back there. That was just an example up above by the way about the girl thing that never happened to me. EVER.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Those things are massive. Have u fired em up yet?
I'm gonna get them in place tonight. But I probably won't fire them up until tommorow. Ed from SVS told me to call him when they got there and he'd show me how to really work the controls on the phone app and make sure I had them calibrated just right. I could do it on my own but that guy has a ton of knowledge and I'm gonna take him up on the offer to learn as much as I can from him. When I chatted with him last time he'd spout off more knowledge in 2 sentences then I could come up with if I wrote 2 books. He's already gave me some great ideas about what to do with that room when I go to upgrade to atmos and 4k and all that stuff. Those guys are really super cool. I can't say enough good things about them.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis