NFL Football 2008-09

N

nick1000000

Full Audioholic
If you're gonna be swinging from Marty's nuts, at least get how many years he coached SD right. ;)
I couldn't care less about Marty Schottenheimer or his nuts. I guess I was thinking of another coach

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Getting closer to The Big Game cant really say its easy to relax the offensive play of the Cardinals in the Carolina game looked very impressive its hard to tell how well their Defense played considering the dismal performance of Delhomme at any rate should be a terrific game with of course an eventual EAGLES Victory...LETS GO BIRDS... E A G L E S WIN.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Getting closer to The Big Game cant really say its easy to relax the offensive play of the Cardinals in the Carolina game looked very impressive its hard to tell how well their Defense played considering the dismal performance of Delhomme at any rate should be a terrific game with of course an eventual EAGLES Victory...LETS GO BIRDS... E A G L E S WIN.:D
I wouldn't be too worried if I were an Eagles fan. Their secondary is superb and the Cardinlas rely heavily on the pass. There D matches up very well to their offense. There is no doubt in my mind the Eagles D can stop their run. Jim Johnson will blitz Warner a lot with a lot of different schemes (confusing him) in attempt to stop the pass. Warner likes to fumble and make really poor decisions when he is constantly under pressure.

Last edited by a moderator:
gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I wouldn't be too worried if I were an Eagles fan. Their secondary is superb and the Cardinlas rely heavily on the pass. There D matches up very well to their offense. There is no doubt in my mind the Eagles D can stop their run. Jim Johnson will blitz Warner a lot with a lot of different schemes (confusing him) in attempt to stop the pass. Warner likes to fumble and make really poor decisions when he is constantly under pressure.
I'm not so sure he likes it, but he sure seems to.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I'm not so sure he likes it, but he sure seems to.

I watched 3 games with the Cardinals this year against Buffalo, New England, and NY Jets. New England and the NY Jets got pressure on Warner and that whole offense self destructed. Most notably Warners performance against the Jets. It was one of the worst quarterback performances I watched all year. I have no doubts Philly can apply that kind of pressure on Zona and force Warner out of his comfort zone.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
That's exactly why I would be worried if I were an Eagles fan... b/c the Cardinals are easy to overlook. On paper, it's easy to pick the Eagles... but the Cardinals are a team riding a ton of momentum, playing at home in a dome (where they are 7-2 now including the playoffs), who just beat two teams they were "guaranteed" to lose to. I think it's going to be a fun game to watch, and as long as Boldin is playing alongside Fitz any 3 yard dink pass can turn into a 75 yard TD run.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
NO doubt the Eagles secondary is in the midst of their best play,Asante,Sheldon and Mikell"Q" are outstanding defenders and although Consadine is not the best at bringing down a guy he is always around the ball he just has that knack,and last but not least B DAWK should shine against this type of O Dawkins is playing damn good ball the Giants game didnt really show his HUGE play but I look forward to seeing it on Sunday.....:DGO EAGLES:D

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
NO doubt the Eagles secondary is in the midst of their best play,Asante,Sheldon and Mikell"Q" are outstanding defenders and although Consadine is not the best at bringing down a guy he is always around the ball he just has that knack,and last but not least B DAWK should shine against this type of O Dawkins is playing damn good ball the Giants game didnt really show his HUGE play but I look forward to seeing it on Sunday.....:DGO EAGLES:D
Yup. They are the hottest defense in the in league right now and Jim Johnson is really on game calling the defense and has put together some brilliant gameplans. Watching what they did to Dallas, Minnesota and the Giants was mighty impressive. The Eagles now have the benefit of a shut down corner in Asante Samuel that can play one on one with any receiver in the league which opens up a defense more, especially against a pass happy one that plays a lot of spread formations. Their safteys are playing amongst the best in the league and is one of the big reasons why they have been so successful as well. Oh yeah they are turnover machines too:eek:.

Kurt Warner is not mobile and strictly a pocket passer, I have a feeling he is going to be in for a very long and painful day.

Last edited:
sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Yup. They are the hottest defense in the in league right now and Jim Johnson is really on game calling the defense and has put together some brilliant gameplans. Watching what they did to Dallas, Minnesota and the Giants was mighty impressive. The Eagles now have the benefit of a shut down corner in Asante Samuel that can play one on one with any receiver in the league which opens up a defense more, especially against a pass happy one that plays a lot of spread formations. Their safteys are playing amongst the best in the league and is one of the big reasons why they have been so successful as well. Oh yeah they are turnover machines too:eek:.

Kurt Warner is not mobile and strictly a pocket passer, I have a feeling he is going to be in for a very long and painful day.
Painful is the meaning of EAGLES DEFENSE..I'm really gettin pumped,I'm actually leaving the dreary cold spell of South Jersey Friday morning for a week long trip to Key West :cool: any suggestions on a good spot to watch the game I know theres gotta be some decent sports bars there I have never been so I wouldnt know. No Matter What I'll Be Watchen The Birds :D GO EAGLES :D

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Painful is the meaning of EAGLES DEFENSE..I'm really gettin pumped,I'm actually leaving the dreary cold spell of South Jersey Friday morning for a week long trip to Key West :cool: any suggestions on a good spot to watch the game I know theres gotta be some decent sports bars there I have never been so I wouldnt know. No Matter What I'll Be Watchen The Birds :D GO EAGLES :D
Don't get me wrong I am not a fan of the Eagles and at the beginning of the year I said the Redskins and the Eagles would be the odd teams out in that division. But what I have seen from them since Donovan McNabb's benching has me very intrigued, like a bunch of veterans "coming of age" once again. Something happened to the team in that moment and it is something special.

As a football fan I have been enjoying watching them play and hopefully it will be Eagles Vs. Ravens come superbowl time.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Listening to some sports talk radio today and there are reports surfacing that Brian Westbrook is around 70% healthy right now. He will play but most likely will not be 100% for the game on Sunday. Not the greatest news considering everything they do so well on offense centers around him.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I just saw the the Lions hired a coach, and it wasn't Rivera.

WHEW

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I just saw the the Lions hired a coach, and it wasn't Rivera.

WHEW

Here is a list of proven coaches with atleast 1 superbowl win that are technically available to teams this offseason. All I can say is wow!

Bill Cowher
Jon Gruden
Brian Billick
Tony Dungy
**** Vermeil
Mike Shanahan
Barry Switzer
George Seifert
Jimmy Johnson
Mike Ditka

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
Here is a list of proven coaches with atleast 1 superbowl win that are technically available to teams this offseason. All I can say is wow!

Bill Cowher
Jon Gruden
Brian Billick
Tony Dungy
**** Vermeil
Mike Shanahan
Barry Switzer
George Seifert
Jimmy Johnson
Mike Ditka
The last 4 aren't really available.... And I wouldn't call Barry Switzer a proven NFL coach. He was a great college coach he took over a proven team.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
The last 4 aren't really available.... And I wouldn't call Barry Switzer a proven NFL coach. He was a great college coach he took over a proven team.
I'm not the biggest fan of Switzer either but he did take a good team with a lot of egos and won it all. Not the easiest coaching gig. Can't say that for a lot of headcoaches out there. We can trade him for Steve Marinucci:D.

Either way there is a lot of good coaches available right now.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Looking forward to the battle of the birds (Cards vs Eagles) tomorrow...:D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Listening to some sports talk radio today and there are reports surfacing that Brian Westbrook is around 70% healthy right now. He will play but most likely will not be 100% for the game on Sunday. Not the greatest news considering everything they do so well on offense centers around him.
Yea Westbrook isn't as heathy as I would like but he is almost never 100% and from what I've been hearing he's a just a little more nicked up than normal.

Can't wait for the game!

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
So I don't really care who wins any of the games today...But I'm sorta pulling for the Cards...I will say that I don't really like the Steelers.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis