SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
A Steeler fan here so I have certain feelings towards the Bengals.
Have to say that was a great game until the referees took it out of the players hands on that last Rams drive.
That was a disgrace. Feel sorry for the Bengals fans.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
A commanding lead is always the best way to overcome the zebras. Unfortunately we had a close game. Very few flags until the end of the game…

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Disappointing game. I didn't have a favorite team and thought I'd be happy no matter who won. But during the game, I found myself backing Cincinnati. I think they outplayed Los Angeles – until the last 5-6 minutes of the game.

During most of the game, the referees had thrown very few penalty flags. For the most part, they allowed a lot of contact & grabbing by the pass receivers and defenders on both teams. All that changed drastically during LA's 4th quarter scoring drive – the refs couldn't throw enough flags. When LA got within 15 yards of the end zone, they threw 4 (?) flags, allowing LA multiple re-dos until they finally scored.

I usually don't waste time complaining about games that produce that bad aftertaste of a fixed game. But in this game, the referees seemed to be following a script – written by the NFL and it's gambling sponsors. It was an ugly finish to an otherwise excellent playoff season.
Okay first that face mask the Bengals reciever gave the Rams defender that slung him to the ground so he could get the break away touchdown and the Bengals the lead at that point should have been called

So let's say the refs making calls right there at the end evened things out

Second in the end zone drive for the Rams they had off setting penalties for both teams but one was a shot to Kupps head. Laid him out pretty hard. You guys are saying they shouldn't have called targeting?

And the hold on Kupp was blatant the dude was holding on to the back of his jersey if it hadn't have been so obvious they would have let them play it out.

Despite all this the Bengals still had 1:39 left I believe with 2 timeouts to either tie it or win it.

And the O-line which is they're greatest weakness finally caught up to them

Burroughs got sacked 7 maybe even 8 times tonight in fact the final play of the game was him getting sacked

I thought it was a great game well fought by both teams. The Bengals had they're chances to stop them on that final drive

4rth and 1 and Kupp gets it on a run play? The Bengals make the stop that's game over.

That's not on the refs the Bengals had they're chances just couldn't capitalize at the end

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Okay first that face mask the Bengals reciever gave the Rams defender that slung him to the ground so he could get the break away touchdown and the Bengals the lead at that point should have been called

So let's say the refs making calls right there at the end evened things out

Second in the end zone drive for the Rams they had off setting penalties for both teams but one was a shot to Kupps head. Laid him out pretty hard. You guys are saying they shouldn't have called targeting?

And the hold on Kupp was blatant the dude was holding on to the back of his jersey if it hadn't have been so obvious they would have let them play it out.

Despite all this the Bengals still had 1:39 left I believe with 2 timeouts to either tie it or win it.

And the O-line which is they're greatest weakness finally caught up to them

Burroughs got sacked 7 maybe even 8 times tonight in fact the final play of the game was him getting sacked

I thought it was a great game well fought by both teams. The Bengals had they're chances to stop them on that final drive

4rth and 1 and Kupp gets it on a run play? The Bengals make the stop that's game over.

That's not on the refs the Bengals had they're chances just couldn't capitalize at the end
Good take on the game bro. Bengals got nothing to be ashamed of. They give as good as they got. Rams won, they came very close to losing that game. Rams defense was the difference at the end of that game. Ref's messed up big on the Rams gohead last drive a badly missed false start wasn't called.
Screenshot_20220214-051951~2.png

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Disappointing game. I didn't have a favorite team and thought I'd be happy no matter who won. But during the game, I found myself backing Cincinnati. I think they outplayed Los Angeles – until the last 5-6 minutes of the game.

During most of the game, the referees had thrown very few penalty flags. For the most part, they allowed a lot of contact & grabbing by the pass receivers and defenders on both teams. All that changed drastically during LA's 4th quarter scoring drive – the refs couldn't throw enough flags. When LA got within 15 yards of the end zone, they threw 4 (?) flags, allowing LA multiple re-dos until they finally scored.

I usually don't waste time complaining about games that produce that bad aftertaste of a fixed game. But in this game, the referees seemed to be following a script – written by the NFL and it's gambling sponsors. It was an ugly finish to an otherwise excellent playoff season.
Swerd, NFL'S been doing that for decades, fixing games by using the Ref's. They been trying to give a SB to the Rams for the last 4 year's. They sure screwed the Saint's out of a SB appearance in 2018 with that famous no call of pass interference. Thing about that game, the Ref waved off the the umpire getting ready to throw the flag, go back and watch that drive, he put it back in his pocket. The point spread was what three and a half points three points? Vegas made out like a bandit on that game last night.
And here's way,
Screenshot_20220214-055136.png

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
7 sacks last night; 9 vs Tennessee. I know where the $$$$ is going in the off season. :)

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Happy I fell asleep at the beginning of the fourth quarter. Didn't even watch or listen to the talking heads while in the gym this morning, Indy Car season can't get here soon enough ! :cool:

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
A Steeler fan here so I have certain feelings towards the Bengals.
Have to say that was a great game until the referees took it out of the players hands on that last Rams drive.
That was a disgrace. Feel sorry for the Bengals fans.
If you watched the playoff game where the Cowboys ran out of time, you saw the official stumble through the line and waste all of the time they would have needed for one last play. That wasn't exactly what I would call a 'subtle' move and I thought that when the officials cause a delay, time would be added to the official play clock.

highfigh

highfigh

Happy I fell asleep at the beginning of the fourth quarter. Didn't even watch or listen to the talking heads while in the gym this morning, Indy Car season can't get here soon enough ! :cool:
I Used to watch Indy Car- was at The Milwaukee Mile when Scott Goodyear crashed & died during practice. That sucked. A friend was working for Indy Car Racing Magazine and was supposed to interview Goodyear after his practice session.

We used to stake out turn 3 at the track's infield for parking and setting up our tents, tables and food- Michael Andretti had led much of the race and on the last lap, he ran out of fuel right in front of us, so everyone else on that lap was able to pass- he was clearly not happy.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
If you watched the playoff game where the Cowboys ran out of time, you saw the official stumble through the line and waste all of the time they would have needed for one last play. That wasn't exactly what I would call a 'subtle' move and I thought that when the officials cause a delay, time would be added to the official play clock.
officials did not cause a delay, Cowgirls simply screwed up for the official must 'place the ball' prior to a snap.

J

jhaider

Audioholic Intern

I’m sure New York chewed out the refs all through halftime for missing Tee Higgins throw Jalen Ramsey to the ground from his facemask en route to the end zone. I thought scoring plays were automatically reviewed.

In other news, I don’t know how I had previously missed that former Washington secondary coach Raheem Morris is Rams DC. I think the Rams will find it hard to get here again soon, if Aaron Donald retires. Cap hell will catch them too. But every other team in the league would trade a few years of cap hell for one Lombardi.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I Used to watch Indy Car- was at The Milwaukee Mile when Scott Goodyear crashed & died during practice. That sucked. A friend was working for Indy Car Racing Magazine and was supposed to interview Goodyear after his practice session.

We used to stake out turn 3 at the track's infield for parking and setting up our tents, tables and food- Michael Andretti had led much of the race and on the last lap, he ran out of fuel right in front of us, so everyone else on that lap was able to pass- he was clearly not happy.
yeah, I'm a little bummed that they moved the opening race (Streets of St Pete) to the last weekend in Feb. had been going to that race for the past 7 years to kick off my March get-a-way to Florida.

highfigh

highfigh

officials did not cause a delay, Cowgirls simply screwed up for the official must 'place the ball' prior to a snap.
Maybe they thought that causing him to stumble would get a clock reset- I saw the official trip as he tried to make it to the line, but wasn't watching for any fancy footwork.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I’m sure New York chewed out the refs all through halftime for missing Tee Higgins throw Jalen Ramsey to the ground from his facemask en route to the end zone. I thought scoring plays were automatically reviewed.
Yes, missing that obvious face mask grab en route to a touchdown catch was bad. But it was at least consistent with the refs other non-calls during most of the game. The refs had established that they would allow holding, grabbing, etc. (but not outright intereference) by both the pass defenders and pass receivers during most of the game. That changed drastically during the last scoring drive, as LA got in the red zone. All of a sudden, the refs changed the nature of offensive and defensive pass plays, allowed LA multiple attempts at scoring, and changed the outcome of the game.
In other news, I don’t know how I had previously missed that former Washington secondary coach Raheem Morris is Rams DC.
Yet another alumnus refugee from WTF?! Good catch, I hadn't noticed that.
I think the Rams will find it hard to get here again soon, if Aaron Donald retires. Cap hell will catch them too. But every other team in the league would trade a few years of cap hell for one Lombardi.
I can think of at least one other NFL team that tried to trade a few years of Cap Hell for one Lombardi. None other than WTF!? Dangerous, Dysfunctional, Disastrous Dan Snyder has repeatedly tried this. He succeeded at the 'Cap Hell' part, but not the Lombardi Trophy.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
It's just like MMA tho you never leave it in the hands of the refs

The Bengals somehow let Kupp run the ball on 4rth and 1? And he makes it? They had the ball back with plenty of time. They couldn't protect Burroughs?

The Rams lose there second greatest offensive threat and the Bengals still cant capitalize?

But people want to put it all on the refs

They are human they will be inconsistent and make mistakes it's part of the game. It's why you got to take your chances and make them when you can. The Rams did and The Bengals didn't I thought it was a great game.

Besides even without the penalties it's still possible the Rams score anyway Kupp was just unstoppable that last drive.

And as for the conspiracy theory about the NFL using refs to fix game. It's about as real as Trump getting the election stolen. Or the big gov using vaccines and Covid to create a New World Order. :D

We all use our common sense on so many other ways but when it comes to a game we throw it out the window. ;)

Oh well great year crazy playoffs at least the SuperBowl wasn't a blowout. Burroughs will be back they give that kid a real offensive line he's going to be unstoppable. If they don't he's retiring in 2 years sacked 16 times in 2 playoff games? :oops: Damn

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Yes, missing that obvious face mask grab en route to a touchdown catch was bad. But it was at least consistent with the refs other non-calls during most of the game. The refs had established that they would allow holding, grabbing, etc. (but not outright intereference) by both the pass defenders and pass receivers during most of the game. That changed drastically during the last scoring drive, as LA got in the red zone. All of a sudden, the refs changed the nature of offensive and defensive pass plays, allowed LA multiple attempts at scoring, and changed the outcome of the game.
Exactly. It's the equivalent of a baseball plate umpire changing the strikezone in the 9th inning. Officialdom should strive for consistency the whole game so the players can make adjustments.

At 1.47, the "hold" call on Wilson covering Krupp on a 3rd down and goal was critical. It took away a dramatic 4th down play by LA. A field goal would not have been enough to tie because of the blow extra point earlier.

On another note, on the winning touchdown to pass Kupp, Apple covering didn't even turnaround to see the ball. All he had to do was raise his hands to deflect that pass. That will haunt him..

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Exactly. It's the equivalent of a baseball plate umpire changing the strikezone in the 9th inning. Officialdom should strive for consistency the whole game so the players can make adjustments.
Yes! "Exactly"!

Consistency in officiating is so important. In the past, I was a swimming official, stroke & turn judge, starter, and referee. I did 10 years of that, at a kids' summer swim league, local swimming meets both winter & summer at a bottom rung of USA Swimming, and Junior Olympics. Earlier, in college, I earned some extra pocket money officiating at the university's intramural basketball league. Both sports offered excellent training for officials. I learned exactly what to look for, and how to be consistent in making calls.

I don't know football rules very well, but I've always wondered why NFL officials have such a hard time. 1) NFL players are fast and very good. 2) NFL has TV and instant replay. The sports I did never had that. 3) NFL rules are so complex that it becomes difficult for officials to see infractions vs. good plays.

For example: Imagine an official covering a pass reception at the side line. How can that official see the receiver's hands as he catches the ball, while he also watches his feet? Was one foot in bounds? And, was it in bounds before or after making the catch? All while the official is running at full speed. I the NFL could simplify that rule. Ignore where the feet go. Judge out of bounds by where the ball is, like in basketball or soccer. And use the same definition for out-of-bounds as is done for crossing the goal line. Different rules for different lines only causes confusion.

Why not use technology? Put a chip in the ball and use side line and goal line detectors to tell if the ball crossed the line. It's not exactly rocket science.

The present rule defining what constitutes a completed pass is hopeless. For goodness sake, clarify the term 'a football move'. Do all officials use the same criteria for that? Better yet, create a new rule, an easily understood and enforced rule. It will be easy if the team owners are kept out of the process.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yes! "Exactly"!

Consistency in officiating is so important. In the past, I was a swimming official, stroke & turn judge, starter, and referee. I did 10 years of that, at a kids' summer swim league, local swimming meets both winter & summer at a bottom rung of USA Swimming, and Junior Olympics. Earlier, in college, I earned some extra pocket money officiating at the university's intramural basketball league. Both sports offered excellent training for officials. I learned exactly what to look for, and how to be consistent in making calls.

I don't know football rules very well, but I've always wondered why NFL officials have such a hard time. 1) NFL players are fast and very good. 2) NFL has TV and instant replay. The sports I did never had that. 3) NFL rules are so complex that it becomes difficult for officials to see infractions vs. good plays.

For example: Imagine an official covering a pass reception at the side line. How can that official see the receiver's hands as he catches the ball, while he also watches his feet? Was one foot in bounds? And, was it in bounds before or after making the catch? All while the official is running at full speed. I the NFL could simplify that rule. Ignore where the feet go. Judge out of bounds by where the ball is, like in basketball or soccer. And use the same definition for out-of-bounds as is done for crossing the goal line. Different rules for different lines only causes confusion.

Why not use technology? Put a chip in the ball and use side line and goal line detectors to tell if the ball crossed the line. It's not exactly rocket science.

The present rule defining what constitutes a completed pass is hopeless. For goodness sake, clarify the term 'a football move'. Do all officials use the same criteria for that? Better yet, create a new rule, an easily understood and enforced rule. It will be easy if the team owners are kept out of the process.
I agree with both you and @SithZedi 100% I do wish it had been more consistent. I was content with either team winning too. But after that blatant face mask by the Bengals reciever to give them a huge go ahead score I was kindoff rooting for the Rams at that point.

I think the only weakness to what your saying is if you micromanage every detail of what the refs do review every call with camera angles etc. You'd have coaches and players crying about every play. And you run the risk of every game just getting slowed and bogged down

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
I agree with both you and @SithZedi 100% I do wish it had been more consistent. I was content with either team winning too. But after that blatant face mask by the Bengals reciever to give them a huge go ahead score I was kindoff rooting for the Rams at that point.

I think the only weakness to what your saying is if you micromanage every detail of what the refs do review every call with camera angles etc. You'd have coaches and players crying about every play. And you run the risk of every game just getting slowed and bogged down
I hear what you are saying. Being kind of neutral on the game, I did feel sorry for LA on that missed facemask call as well as the OBJ injury. But, it's tough to compare the two different circumstances side by side. In terms of degree, I figure the holding call was much more impactful to the game. My reasoning is, LA had much more time to recover from the facemask non call than Cincy did with the holding call. At 1.47, that was the game. It ruined a clean game until that winning drive and poisoned the ending.

I thought the real story of the game should have been Cincy with a weak banged up offensive line going in, did an above and beyond job of protecting their quarterback and making holes for Mixon to the point of almost winning the game. As they say in NYC, Dey wuz robbed...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis