davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Steeler fan here also but those were 2 horrible calls. The obvious offensive pass interference the wasn't called on the Bengals and the ticky tac holding call at the end of the game. Other than that, I enjoyed the game and the Rams final drive was textbook.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I hear what you are saying. Being kind of neutral on the game, I did feel sorry for LA on that missed facemask call as well as the OBJ injury. But, it's tough to compare the two different circumstances side by side. In terms of degree, I figure the holding call was much more impactful to the game. My reasoning is, LA had much more time to recover from the facemask non call than Cincy did with the holding call. At 1.47, that was the game. It ruined a clean game until that winning drive and poisoned the ending.

I thought the real story of the game should have been Cincy with a weak banged up offensive line going in, did an above and beyond job of protecting their quarterback and making holes for Mixon to the point of almost winning the game. As they say in NYC, Dey wuz robbed...
Eh I don't think they were robbed the Rams still could have made the touchdown anyway even if they didn't get the holding call. They still had a 4rth down to convert it and Kupp was looking unstoppable at that point. We'll just never know I guess

In fact when the holding call happened I was thinking that's justice for the missed face mask evens it out.

Considering Mahomes had 13 seconds to convert against the Bills with no timeouts I don't think the Bengals have any excuses especially when they got sacked on 4rth and 1 on the Rams 49 yard line when Kupp converted on the other drive with the Rams from 4rth and 1.

Plus the Bengals had a ton of opportunities to score one more time and seal the deal they just got sacked every time the Rams Defense came alive at the end of the game

Bottom line Ref or no Ref you still gotta play the game

The Bengals had there chances they just couldn't convert they need a better O Line that's all

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I agree with both you and @SithZedi 100% I do wish it had been more consistent. I was content with either team winning too. But after that blatant face mask by the Bengals reciever to give them a huge go ahead score I was kindoff rooting for the Rams at that point.
It really was only a football game – for entertainment purposes only. I can entertain myself with conspiracy theories about fixed games, without any consequences, unlike politics or public health. In a few months, I won't remember who won, or care.

Still, all those advertisements from online gambling stand as a warning. The NFL has part ownership of some of them. Eeek!
I think the only weakness to what your saying is if you micromanage every detail of what the refs do review every call with camera angles etc. You'd have coaches and players crying about every play. And you run the risk of every game just getting slowed and bogged down
Micromanaging, too many game delays with multiple camera angle reviews, coaches and players crying about every play… all of that has been happening for years. Why would I ever think I might be able to change that?

All in all, the playoff season was pretty good – all except the SB. And that game wasn't absolutely terrible. I liked seeing Matt Stafford get a chance to win with a decent team, after years in NFL purgatory (Detroit). I got to see Odell Beckham play well without his usual antics. I'll be happy to settle for all that.

Last edited:
Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
As they say in NYC, Dey wuz robbed...
Reminds me of a joke. A judge in Brooklyn sees two Chinese guys marched into his courtroom. They were arrested for various 'hoodlum activities', including breaking & entering, burglary, selling stolen property, resisting arrest, etc.

The defense attorney begs the court's tolerance. He says the defendants speak very little English because they haven't been in America for long.

The judge says, "I'm not concerned about how recently they came from China. But I do worry about how long dey been in Brooklyn".

J

jhaider

Audioholic Intern
I did feel sorry for LA on that missed facemask call …I figure the holding call was much more impactful to the game. … It ruined a clean game until that winning drive and poisoned the ending.
IMO it’s really absurd to argue that a long unearned but gifted touchdown that flips the lead to open the second half is less impactful in a close game than, well, anything short of a PI called on a Hail Mary thrown from midfield with seconds to go. Get that call right - offensive PI on Higgins - and Bengals open the half with a 1st and 25 and down 3. That likely gives the Rams a short field with the lead for their first drive of the half. One can’t sensibly minimize that. And “clean game”…well, the fingerprints on Ramsey’s face mask at the start of the 3rd quarter tell a different tale.

Still, all those advertisements from online gambling stand as a warning. The NFL has part ownership of some of them.
This is very true. I didn’t and don’t know anything about cricket, but as a kid I heard Imran Khan (long before he entered politics) just go off among friends on how match fixing murdered cricket. Unfortunately it seems a general trend in the US today is for worst practices from developing countries (many of which we fostered/foisted on them during the Cold War…) being imported into our domestic life.

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Now we shall wait on the draft to see which teams either draft QBs or get one in free agency.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I'm sure there's many but would like to see Tennessee and SF with different qb's.
They are both serviceable QBs, but an upgrade would be nice. Of course, either would be an upgrade to the Steelers roster. :(

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Denver just acquired Russell Wilson in a monster trade! Denver give up 2, 1st round picks, 2, 2nd round picks, another pick, plus 3 of there best player's.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Think it was almost time for Russ to get a payday matching Rodgers and Seattle decided to go another direction.

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
Can we Washingtonians declare Dan Snyder a Russian oligarch and seize his yacht and force him to sell the team like the British did?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis