Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I'll cook them in my convection oven then top them with some Franks wing sauce Any other way to do it?
So, are you originally from Buffalo? I grew up in Pittsburgh but haven't been back in quite a while.
sounds good, deep fryer is how most bars/restaurants do them. Yep, Bflo native although my favorite wing bar is in Fairport , NY outside Rochester

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Love the second one and the promotion of 8.6% interest rate for a car loan, we may be headed back to that, LOL !
Car loans were in the 24% range around 1980- I worked with someone who saved 6+% by using his credit card, rather than a conventional auto loan.

highfigh

highfigh

Tom Brady announces he'll retire.
Who will A-Aron have for competition????????????

Nice that A-Aron for another MVP. All of the talk about people being team players is BS- four MVPs and one Lombardi- damn primadonnas!

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Car loans were in the 24% range around 1980- I worked with someone who saved 6+% by using his credit card, rather than a conventional auto loan.
Yeah, why was the interest rate so high in the '80s?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah, why was the interest rate so high in the '80s?
It was the economic aftermath of the war in Vietnam. During most or all wars in modern times, price & wage increases due to wartime shortages were prohibited. Afterwards, inflation followed.

In 1964 or 65 Lyndon Johnson chose to conduct the Vietnam war without mobilizing the economy for war. I remember the phrase "guns and butter", to mean we can have a peacetime economy while fighting a war. In contrast, during WW2 the economy was quickly converted to wartime, guns and not butter.

After Vietnam, inflation broke out in the US, despite efforts by the Nixon/Ford administration to contain prices and wages. By the late 1970s/early 80s, it became bad. Interest rates were very high. Stock prices on Wall St. suffered, while bond interest rates were high. And prices for most everything rose and rose. At the same time, the Big Oil cartel took advantage by limiting oil production causing significantly higher prices.

I had a small retirement savings plan which paid more than 16% interest. Home mortgage interest rates were through the roof. I bought my first home in 1984, when interest rates had already peaked and had begun to slowly come down. The mortgage was a 3-year variable interest loan of 11½%. After 3 years, it had dropped to 9¼%. Not many years later, I refinanced to a 30-year fixed loan of 5½%. That still seems high today, but at the time, I was thrilled. It made a big cut in my monthly payments.

We haven't had such inflation since those post-Vietnam War days. When the pandemic hit, it created a whole new set of economic conditions than no one had ever seen before.

… And now, back to the pre-SB hype.

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
William, where you been hiding at brother! Hope life's been good to you and family brother. I use that one in the pic to make a dip only. It's way to hot to put on anything else.
I’ve been creepin around. Been a little quiet yourself. I would definitely try some of that dip!

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
It was the economic aftermath of the war in Vietnam. During most or all wars in modern times, price & wage increases due to wartime shortages were prohibited. Afterwards, inflation followed.

In 1964 or 65 Lyndon Johnson chose to conduct the Vietnam war without mobilizing the economy for war. I remember the phrase "guns and butter", to mean we can have a peacetime economy while fighting a war. In contrast, during WW2 the economy was quickly converted to wartime, guns and not butter.

After Vietnam, inflation broke out in the US, despite efforts by the Nixon/Ford administration to contain prices and wages. By the late 1970s/early 80s, it became bad. Interest rates were very high. Stock prices on Wall St. suffered, while bond interest rates were high. And prices for most everything rose and rose. At the same time, the Big Oil cartel took advantage by limiting oil production causing significantly higher prices.

I had a small retirement savings plan which paid more than 16% interest. Home mortgage interest rates were through the roof. I bought my first home in 1984, when interest rates had already peaked and had begun to slowly come down. The mortgage was a 3-year variable interest loan of 11½%. After 3 years, it had dropped to 9¼%. Not many years later, I refinanced to a 30-year fixed loan of 5½%. That still seems high today, but at the time, I was thrilled. It made a big cut in my monthly payments.

We haven't had such inflation since those post-Vietnam War days. When the pandemic hit, it created a whole new set of economic conditions than no one had ever seen before.

… And now, back to the pre-SB hype.
Thanks Swerd, I couldn't remember. I do remember Regan's trickle down economics. I do remember Nixon took us off the gold standard. Did that have anything to do with high rates?

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
sounds good, deep fryer is how most bars/restaurants do them. Yep, Bflo native although my favorite wing bar is in Fairport , NY outside Rochester
So, being an upstate New Yorker, what do you think about Hofmann German hot dogs? They are my absolute favorites, and I can get them here in Florida. Never saw them or missed them when I lived in Texas.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
On the other hand, you could get 14 or 15% in a savings account or cd. Still a losing proposition. :(

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
So, being an upstate New Yorker, what do you think about Hofmann German hot dogs? They are my absolute favorites, and I can get them here in Florida. Never saw them or missed them when I lived in Texas.
What about them hot dogs at Coney Island? Ain't they world famous. Oh one more thing about hotdogs, who puts sauerkraut on a hot dog yuck! I was watching a episode of Blue Bloods, and the commissioner's son and his sidekick stopped off at this hotdog stand, was getting a couple of hotdogs, told the dude to put some sauerkraut on their hotdogs yuck! Gotta be a New York thing right?

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

What about them hot dogs at Coney Island? Ain't they world famous. Oh one more thing about hotdogs, who puts sauerkraut on a hot dog yuck! I was watching a episode of Blue Bloods, and the commissioner's son and his sidekick stopped off at this hotdog stand, was getting a couple of hotdogs, told the dude to put some sauerkraut on their hotdogs yuck! Gotta be a New York thing right?
European, mainly German. Kraut- German, get it?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Disappointing game. I didn't have a favorite team and thought I'd be happy no matter who won. But during the game, I found myself backing Cincinnati. I think they outplayed Los Angeles – until the last 5-6 minutes of the game.

During most of the game, the referees had thrown very few penalty flags. For the most part, they allowed a lot of contact & grabbing by the pass receivers and defenders on both teams. All that changed drastically during LA's 4th quarter scoring drive – the refs couldn't throw enough flags. When LA got within 15 yards of the end zone, they threw 4 (?) flags, allowing LA multiple re-dos until they finally scored.

I usually don't waste time complaining about games that produce that bad aftertaste of a fixed game. But in this game, the referees seemed to be following a script – written by the NFL and it's gambling sponsors. It was an ugly finish to an otherwise excellent playoff season.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis