ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Direct fuel injection, super and turbo charging, and really capable engine management computers have increased horsepower dramatically the past few years. 600hp cars are mid-line things, 700hp cars are SOTA for the masses, and 800hp cars are the supercar SOTA. Even BMW, long the RWD kings of sedans, went to AWD for the new 600hp+ M5 (and a torque converter automatic),causing all sort of pursed lips in the enthusiast community. For any legal street purpose a car that runs in the low-12s is hyper-exciting. I think 10s-capable cars for the street should require a special drivers license. Guys like Dawg need therapy, IMO. ;-)
The new 600hp M5 dyno'd at almost 790...lol....BMW underrates all their M cars significantly. Dinan Motorsports finally got my little M40i on the dyno and it came out with 445hp at the crank. BMW rates it at 355 at the crank. I probably have another 75hp on it with mods. My best times are 4.1, 0-60 secd and 12.34 quarter mile so far but it's hot out and that little motor heat-sinks easily. I think I can get it in the 3.8 or 3.9 range and break into the upper 11's. We just now converted it over to E85.

That being said, the 2019 M5 is the hottest car on the street right now in my opinion. It is taking everything I have to keep myself from getting one. I have to remember, I sold a $120,000 car recently because I don't wants a $120,000 car...lol...

...and Dawg still has a competition license from my Pro-Mod and Outlaw Street days....

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I'm thinking the cars are his therapy.
It's more of a bad habit but I have an addictive personality so it's not my fault.

When I walked away from drag racing 15 years ago, I had to totally remove myself from racing. I can't go to a race and I don't watch it on TV. A few years ago, I started tinkering with street cars and it is kind of spinning out of control again. I even had dinner with one of my old sponsors the other night after not talking to him for 13 years. I asked him if he had any interest in doing some "No Prep" Outlaw Street racing as I was willing to be the driver. Luckily he said he wasn't.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
BMW underrates all their M cars significantly.
I've often wondered about that with our 2017 X3. It's only rated at 300hp, but it is suspiciously quicker than the 300hp S3, even though it weighs about 700lbs more. Hmmm...

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Not bad for 5 cylinders....

yeah, in the world of power adders (turbo or supercharger) big HP numbers are pretty easy these days. What's the color of the Audi ? It looks like a primer gray albeit glossy ?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Last edited:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Understood ..........712 Hp, not bad for 8 cyl .......

View attachment 25838
Dig it, I miss old school motors. Now it's all just computers and bolting on stuff I don't even understand...lol....

This was my favorite car of mine. It was Outlaw Street, had a bunch of different big blocks in it and always ran 2 stages of NOS. That class was 1/8 mile and it ran mid 4's.

I still have the helmet which was painted just like the car. I wish we had of had more cameras and video cameras back then.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
It's more of a bad habit but I have an addictive personality so it's not my fault.

When I walked away from drag racing 15 years ago, I had to totally remove myself from racing. I can't go to a race and I don't watch it on TV. A few years ago, I started tinkering with street cars and it is kind of spinning out of control again. I even had dinner with one of my old sponsors the other night after not talking to him for 13 years. I asked him if he had any interest in doing some "No Prep" Outlaw Street racing as I was willing to be the driver. Luckily he said he wasn't.
And they say Audio is an expensive hobby. I'd love to turn my diesel into a 10 second truck, but boy would that eat a lot of funds.

I think just getting the simple 392 charger will make me happy for a year or so. Hopefully.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
And they say Audio is an expensive hobby. I'd love to turn my diesel into a 10 second truck, but boy would that eat a lot of funds.

I think just getting the simple 392 charger will make me happy for a year or so. Hopefully.
No matter how much HP you have...you end up wanting more HP...

It's like the old saying, "Once you have seen one pair of boobs....you pretty much want to see all of them..."

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Starting to dream about 2013 Infiniti m56x as a second family car. Outback is just not a fun car, not even with the boring 3.6l boxer.
Before all of you jump in with sports or exotic suggestions, I need a car to be reliable and practical. It's basically a toss between Infiniti M and Lexus GS
No opinions at all on either of these? In addition to 370z owners who hate practical cars...

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
No matter how much HP you have...you end up wanting more HP...

It's like the old saying, "Once you have seen one pair of boobs....you pretty much want to see all of them..."
Both are very true. Nice Ron White reference.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
No opinions at all on either of these? In addition to 370z owners who hate practical cars...
I hate Lexus, I have no reason too beside they have gone overboard with the looks and they have no feel on the road.

Never driven an Infinity but I have owned a million Nissans and always liked them.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I hate Lexus, I have no reason too beside they have gone overboard with the looks and they have no feel on the road.

Never driven an Infinity but I have owned a million Nissans and always liked them.
Agree about the Lexus part. Can't say I'm a big fan of Nissans though. Nearly every week i get to choose between an Altima and a Malibu, and it only took one drive months ago to make it the Malibu every time. And I'm not that impressed with the Malibu. Even the GT-R doesn't turn me on.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
It is interesting how people identify with one brand and hate another. I've always liked Nissan. My first vehicle as a 16 year old was an 88 Nissan mini truck. But I've hated Chevy for years. I find them very unattractive. Especially the latest camaros. I've had 2 camaros in my life, the 69 was amazing and I should not have let it go, but also had an 84 which was a major piece of junk. I rebuilt a 1980 corvette several years ago which was another big mistake. That year car was voted the worst car ever made in the US and I can vouch for that. Nothing on that car fit together properly and I had to re-engineer a lot when I rebuilt the interior. Granted these are old cars I'm talking about, but I've had a lot of cars over the years and the Japanese stuff is just built better. I hate to say it, but it's true. So thats what I buy now.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
It is interesting how people identify with one brand and hate another. I've always liked Nissan. My first vehicle as a 16 year old was an 88 Nissan mini truck. But I've hated Chevy for years. I find them very unattractive. Especially the latest camaros. I've had 2 camaros in my life, the 69 was amazing and I should not have let it go, but also had an 84 which was a major piece of junk. I rebuilt a 1980 corvette several years ago which was another big mistake. That year car was voted the worst car ever made in the US and I can vouch for that. Nothing on that car fit together properly and I had to re-engineer a lot when I rebuilt the interior. Granted these are old cars I'm talking about, but I've had a lot of cars over the years and the Japanese stuff is just built better. I hate to say it, but it's true. So thats what I buy now.
'80 Vette voted worst car ?? by whom, you ?? You're obviously young(lucky bastard) for there were far worse cars !

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
...the Japanese stuff is just built better. I hate to say it, but it's true. So thats what I buy now.
I'm probably the least brand-loyal person you'll ever meet, and Japanese cars are neither better designed nor better built than European cars. As I've already said, I like a Malibu better, which is quite an insult. Hondas are probably the best of the bunch, IMO, but nothing short of an NSX gets me excited. Even Audi can't get transverse engine architecture to drive well. Last year I was on a late flight and could only get a Corolla rental car. Terrible. I also had a Camry early this year, and I just don't understand what Car and Driver sees in it. Maybe Toyota advertising is just worth stretching the truth for.

Lest you think I'm somehow biased towards domestic cars, I haven't owned one in 12 years (and that was a Corvette that didn't impress me like I thought it would). I think GM and Ford are lost, and I'm not a Jeep fan so Fiat/Chrysler doesn't wow me either. I'll admit though, I don't know anything about Japanese trucks. I know some folks who think a Toyota pick-up is awesome.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis