ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Whos greg? Admin? He asked for opinions. Also, the car is what im calling an suv. 4 doors does not qualify you as a sports car where i come from.
It's me, the guy that loves modded SUVs and modded sedans....

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I have a 370z and i was at a gas station one time parked next to one of those ugly a$$ cars and this lady walked by both of us and said to me "nice car". The look on that dudes face will be etched in my brain forever lol. He probably paid triple for that thing. To each their own i guess, but an suv porche just doesnt make sense to me at all.
I recently sold my 1985 300zx, it was a fine car!

White with the red leather interior. TOTAL 80s!

EDIT: And, of course, you gotta have that digital dashboard :cool:

Last edited:
D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Thats funny, I had an suv owner on AVS talking crap about this car a while back. Weird trend. I got it up to 140 before I started thinking about spending time in jail and backed it off. A guy I know got his to 150 and said he probably could have kept going. Pretty good for a slow car. In the real world (the one that counts) people love this car. I could care less what someone on the internet pretends to think.

But if you wanna really have some fun, take that suv up pikes peak. Best road in America!

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Thats funny, I had an suv owner on AVS talking crap about this car a while back. Weird trend. I got it up to 140 before I started thinking about spending time in jail and backed it off. A guy I know got his to 150 and said he probably could have kept going. Pretty good for a slow car. In the real world (the one that counts) people love this car. I could care less what someone on the internet pretends to think.

But if you wanna really have some fun, take that suv up pikes peak. Best road in America!
I hit 176 in my last modded SUV and 158 in my current one but I am not interested in top end speed. 0-60 and 1/4 mile times are all I care about. When we "street race" we go from a stop to 60 and get off of it most of the time when in town.

I am teasing you about the Nissan. I have owned 4 different 350z's, they are a little long in the tooth now and changing the name to 370 wasn't much of a facelift.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I have actually been driving it for 2 days and I am not going to buy it. There is no way to get the power to the ground. My modded SUV can beat it 0-60 and in the quarter mile.I am actually building a super sleeper right now. We have already hit a 2.9 second 0-60 and it's getting close to an upper 10 second quarter with the AC on and on poor streets. Not bad for 5 cylinders....

Have to say, that’s bad a$$. Love it!!! Even though it’s no pro mod.
Gonna pass on the charger. It just feels half baked, squishy and not well done. Sounds pretty nice though.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord

My biggest complaint on the Z....it's small! It's fun, but tough for a tall person.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
This one for sure my wife will kill me on....

I'm going to just say....I don't have a 700hp daily driver and I need one....

Funny, I'm trying to justify the extra 20k over the price of an SRT Scat Pack, but can't. I know the thing is a boat, but it's almost impossible to find a decent car that can fit 3 kids in the back. Already have an SUV and a truck so I'd like something fast, but not silly. RWD is a must. This is the only thing I've found that fits the bill and isn't $90k+

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Funny, I'm trying to justify the extra 20k over the price of an SRT Scat Pack, but can't. I know the thing is a boat, but it's almost impossible to find a decent car that can fit 3 kids in the back. Already have an SUV and a truck so I'd like something fast, but not silly. RWD is a must. This is the only thing I've found that fits the bill and isn't $90k+
Having the Hellcat and the ZO6 last week reminded me how much I love all wheel drive cars.....

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Ha, I had a z06 all last week that I was testing and it was the most dangerous feeling car I have ever driven..

No wonder Vettes are the deadliest cars in North America...and I can drive...lol...
Yep, I told you when I rode in my friends that it was the scariest car I've ever been in. He can drive too and that thing kept trying to kill us. Roads around Keller aren't that great either. I wanted to drive it, but after riding in the Z06 I decided not to. I don't drive cars on a regular basis anymore so that would have been a bad idea.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
I live in small town america where everybody is ford chevy and dodge. Every other car is a mustang or a challenger. Theyre so common that they don't impress people. Theirs maybe 5 z's around here, maybe. Most of them 350's. So in my world I wanted something that stood out. They are so uncommon I had to special order one and have it delivered. I'm also in my 40s, I don't drag race anymore. I just enjoy the drive. My only real complaint about the Z is not much room for a subwoofer and a suit case lol. Had to settle for a single little 10" driver, but it sounds pretty good.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I had a 2018 Charger R/T as a rental car. Never been in a recent generation Charger before. (A '68 Charger was my first car.) Nowhere near as much room in the interior as I expected. So-so seats. Nothing special instruments, but a big LCD display over the console. Much better handling than I expected, meaning it cornered with so little lean and almost no understeer, so it actually felt weird for a car that big. The exhaust sounds like its target market would expect. Lots of low-end torque and short gearing, so squealing the tires happened on any mildly aggressive move. Good power band for a relatively inexpensive car. Lousy automatic transmission; slow to respond to throttle input.

I don't think you'd want one.

The ZL1 is awesome, but you can't see out of the damned thing. You need a fly-along drone to tell you where the traffic is. Even a base Camaro rental car handles amazingly well. Awful interiors, if that matters, though the ZL1 seats are pretty good.
Interesting first car. Good body style. I kinda wish dodge would have payed more homage to that with the newer chargers, but I can see why they would avoid the trend. Definitely NOT buying one. Pretty much agree with everything you said about it. My new DD will probably be more pedestrian(is that almost an oxymoron? Lol) since I do have a pro-touring Camaro. Not sure just yet which way I’m going...

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I live in small town america where everybody is ford chevy and dodge. Every other car is a mustang or a challenger. Theyre so common that they don't impress people. Theirs maybe 5 z's around here, maybe. Most of them 350's. So in my world I wanted something that stood out. They are so uncommon I had to special order one and have it delivered. I'm also in my 40s, I don't drag race anymore. I just enjoy the drive. My only real complaint about the Z is not much room for a subwoofer and a suit case lol. Had to settle for a single little 10" driver, but it sounds pretty good.
See and I like cars(SUVs) that people wouldn't think can outrun their Camaros, Mustangs, Lexus LC 500's and pretty much anything pulls up to me.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Good point. I'm just in a bad mood cause Elon Musk pissed me off last night.

You should check out this show on Netflix if you havnt already.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
I will admit that 4 wheel drive can be pretty awesome tho. I once owned a Jeep Wrangler that had a locker in the rear axel and the stock straight 6, but that thing had some power. I was at a stop light one time and some guy in a honda something started revin his engine at me. So I said ok I'll bite. Put the Jeep in low 4 and destroyed him to the next light. I started laughing uncontrollably and when he caught up with me at the next light wouldnt even glance at me. The priceless part was the look on his girl friends face tho. :)

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Beyond a certain level of torque (and it varies by a vehicle's weight, weight distribution, and tire contact patch), AWD is the only strategy that makes sense. Even a base Corvette has more torque than the chassis and tires can handle. A Z06 is off the scale. Rear-midengine and rear-engine cars can go somewhat higher than front engine RWD designs, but it is interesting to note that all 911 Turbos are AWD. A big reason a Tesla P100D is as quick as it is is the world's best AWD system (a motor on each axle rather than a center differential system). In fact, driving a P90D when they came out ruined me for IC cars. They all seem like kludges by comparison.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Rear wheel drive does makes the least sense, but it is the most fun imo.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis