j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I leave the fuel usage monitor on regularly and leave it in granny mode more often. I upped my mileage from 15mpg to 17.7 :)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I leave the fuel usage monitor on regularly and leave it in granny mode more often. I upped my mileage from 15mpg to 17.7 :)
I get about 9 mpg but hit between 110 and 140 mph at least once per day....

I have been wondering a lot lately why I bought such an expensive car when I probably should have added the money to my retirement and then yesterday my nextdoor neighbor brought home a 1,000 hp 2018 Vette that they just built with a Supercharger. I am trying to buy it now and my wife will for certain kill me if that happens...

I don't even like Vettes that much but I like this one.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I expected your mileage to be worse than mine :) I don't go up north anymore so I don't get to stretch the legs (20psi) out.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

I have been wondering a lot lately why I bought such an expensive car when I probably should have added the money to my retirement and then yesterday my nextdoor neighbor brought home a 1,000 hp 2018 Vette that they just built with a Supercharger. I am trying to buy it now and my wife will for certain kill me if that happens...

and you were complaining about tire replacement every 7000 miles ......LOL !!

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord

WTF. Where exactly you could possibly hit 140mph on any public roads, except Autobahn.
I feel lucky to hit 80-85 mph on 65 mph road on short highway stretch were usually no cops in the early morning hours. I mean car could do more, but 140mph? Really?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
WTF. Where exactly you could possibly hit 140mph on any public roads, except Autobahn.
I feel lucky to hit 80-85 mph on 65 mph road on short highway stretch were usually no cops in the early morning hours. I mean car could do more, but 140mph? Really?
I live in Texas man. It does the quarter mile in 12.4 seconds at 112 and 0-100 mph in 9.6 seconds.

The torque is close to 600ft/lbs throughout RPM range. When you are already at 85 mph, like is normal on a Texas toll road with a limit of 75 mph, it doesn't take long to get over 120 mph. I hit that going to the gym every day.

I have hit 135 a couple of times. I hit 146 once and it was still pulling hard. It has a top speed of 175. I have a good handle on where I can hit these speeds on a couple of places where you can see forever and there's no access for anyone to pull onto the road. That being said, I don't hit that often because you lose your car, DL and get to pay a heavy fine and sit in jail for those speeds.

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I live in Texas man. It does the quarter mile in 12.4 seconds at 112 and 0-100 mph in 9.6 seconds.

The torque is close to 600ft/lbs throughout RPM range. When you are already at 85 mph, like is normal on a Texas toll road with a limit of 75 mph, it doesn't take long to get over 120 mph. I hit that going to the gym every day.

I have hit 135 a couple of times. I hit 146 once and it was still pulling hard. It has a top speed of 175. I have a good handle on where I can hit these speeds on a couple of places where you can see forever and there's no access for anyone to pull onto the road. That being said, I don't hit that often because you lose your car, DL and get to pay a heavy fine and sit in jail for those speeds.
Not hard in DFW. Lots of very open road around there...depending on the time of day of course...

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
and you were complaining about tire replacement every 7000 miles ......LOL !!
the GLE 63s AMG's 12.5-second quarter-mile means you can dispatch wimpy Ford Mustang GTs with impunity, the all-wheel-drive system ensuring unwavering repeatability. And the GLE AMG handles and stops with equally shocking aplomb. Its enormous Continental ContiSportContact tires measuring 285/40-22 are as wide as the rear rubber on a Corvette. But those are what the Mercedes wears up front. Out back, it has 325/35-22s so big we laughed out loud the first time we saw them. That might be the most combined surface area for the tires of anything we’ve ever tested, and on the skidpad, it means 0.95 g and a startling willingness to rotate. Stopping from 70 mph takes 159 feet, just one foot longer than the last Miata we tested.:D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Audi's reliability has come up along ways the past several years. It is top of it's class now. I have owned 3 Audi's and one being a coupe, 1 a SQ and one a Q5 TDI. Loved all of them and never had an issue. Now they are made in Mexico so who knows. I walked away.

Jags, Alfas and Range Rovers will leave you on the side of the road.

I agree on the X3 35i M-Sport. It was at the top of my list, well, in that price range it was but then I increased my range. I really wanted to like the X6M or X5M and they drove great but everyone has a BMW.

I am on my 3rd Merc and still have 2 of them. I have seen a grand total of 3 cars like mine and one belongs to my friend. It's not a car for everyone but I really dig it. You live once, get what you want.

Well crap, I have to be the worst impulse buyer in the world...

My car salesman started at Audi, and I purchased 3 Audi's from him and then he moved to MB and I bought 2 from him.

He texted me yesterday to see if I wanted to have lunch, I was near his dealership and was hungry so I was like "SURE".

He picked me up from a nearby parking lot in the X3M40 and let me know he moved over to BMW. I have never even liked BMW but that's one bad azz little car. Somehow out of the frustration of my Merc eating up tires and brakes every two seconds, I accidently ordered a X3M40 from him(he didn't have the color combo I liked on the lot) I also don't normally like black cars but their black sapphire metallic is beautiful so I got it(same as in the video)

I think I will sell my AMG and scoot around in the Bimmer as my daily driver. It shocks me that it is only 0.4 seconds slower in the 0-60, gets twice the gas mileage and cost 1/2 the price as the AMG.

My wife hates me...

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

My car salesman started at Audi, and I purchased 3 Audi's from him and then he moved to MB and I bought 2 from him.

He texted me yesterday to see if I wanted to have lunch, I was near his dealership and was hungry so I was like "SURE".

He picked me up from a nearby parking lot in the X3M40 and let me know he moved over to BMW. I have never even liked BMW but that's one bad azz little car. Somehow out of the frustration of my Merc eating up tires and brakes every two seconds, I accidently ordered a X3M40 from him(he didn't have the color combo I liked on the lot) I also don't normally like black cars but their black sapphire metallic is beautiful so I got it(same as in the video)

I think I will sell my AMG and scoot around in the Bimmer as my daily driver. It shocks me that it is only 0.4 seconds slower in the 0-60, gets twice the gas mileage and cost 1/2 the price as the AMG.

My wife hates me...
She doesn't hate you. You just saved money by getting a cheaper vehicle with better MPG. :eek:

What is there to be upset about?

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan

My wife hates me...
We have a 2017 X3 M-Sport, which is down 50hp from your X3M40, but other than it is very similar, and I agree with everything you've said. I'm not a fan of very many Beemers these days, but they got the X3 right. I ordered ours in Alpine White with saddle leather. Our first X3 (a 2005 3.0 with a manual transmission that I use as a daily driver in CA) I ordered in black, my wife insisted on it, and all I can say is get ready to live in swirl city. You look at it the wrong way and the paint gets swirled. At least with white the swirls aren't so obvious.

Last edited:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
She doesn't hate you. You just saved money by getting a cheaper vehicle with better MPG. :eek:

What is there to be upset about?
Just just looks at me all sad and says" I think something is wrong with you...":D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
We have a 2017 X3 M-Sport, which is down 50hp from your X3M40, but other than it is very similar, and I agree with everything you've said. I'm not a fan of very many Beemers these days, but they got the X3 right. I ordered ours in Alpine White with saddle leather. Our first X3 (a 2005 3.0 with a manual transmission that I use as a daily driver in CA) I ordered in black, my wife insisted on it, and all I can say is get ready to live in swirl city. You look at it the wrong way and the paint get swirled. At least with white the swirls aren't so obvious.
Oh I know about swirls. I know how to properly hand wash my own cars but that doesn't mean I always do....

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
We have a 2017 X3 M-Sport, which is down 50hp from your X3M40, but other than it is very similar, and I agree with everything you've said. I'm not a fan of very many Beemers these days, but they got the X3 right. I ordered ours in Alpine White with saddle leather. Our first X3 (a 2005 3.0 with a manual transmission that I use as a daily driver in CA) I ordered in black, my wife insisted on it, and all I can say is get ready to live in swirl city. You look at it the wrong way and the paint get swirled. At least with white the swirls aren't so obvious.
LOL! Yup, I love my black car for the 1 hour that it is clean when I'm out of the car wash!

Seriously, clean black looks great, but it is pretty much impossible to keep it clean.

Then, down south here, if you park outside overnight this time of year, then you come back out in the morning to find a fine layer of yellow pollen completely covering the vehicles.....and black shows it the worst of all.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
LOL! Yup, I love my black car for the 1 hour that it is clean when I'm out of the car wash!

Seriously, clean black looks great, but it is pretty much impossible to keep it clean.

Then, down south here, if you park outside overnight this time of year, then you come back out in the morning to find a fine layer of yellow pollen completely covering the vehicles.....and black shows it the worst of all.
My cars never sleep outside.

Since I have never had a car for mores than 2 years, I am not overly concerned. I do keep them spotless at all times so I have a decent shot at being someone that can own a black car...lol...

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Oh I know about swirls. I know how to properly hand wash my own cars but that doesn't mean I always do....
Yeah, I do everything right, and it still swirls. The technique that leaves the least swirls, a foam cannon with a blower for drying, doesn't solve all that much for a daily driver, because the gunk doesn't come off without some sort of friction, and microfiber towels reduce drying swirls to a minimum. BMW water-based paint seems so soft they could use a thick layer as a mattress topper.

Try the latest "wash and gloss" shampoos to eliminate the need for waxes/sealants, if you don't already, which reduce swirls from applying those products, like:

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Car_Wash_Soaps_and_Accessories_s/10.htm?searching=Y&sort=5&cat=10&show=400&page=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4cq5oqyP2gIVAWl-Ch3eVwXDEAAYASADEgIosPD_BwE

(This is just one example.) A detailer who worked out at the same gym I did used to say that he wanted all vehicles to be black, to increase business. I believe him.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, I do everything right, and it still swirls. The technique that leaves the least swirls, a foam cannon with a blower for drying, doesn't solve all that much for a daily driver, because the gunk doesn't come off without some sort of friction, and microfiber towels reduce drying swirls to a minimum. BMW water-based paint seems so soft they could use a thick layer as a mattress topper.

Try the latest "wash and gloss" shampoos to eliminate the need for waxes/sealants, if you don't already, which reduce swirls from applying those products, like:

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Car_Wash_Soaps_and_Accessories_s/10.htm?searching=Y&sort=5&cat=10&show=400&page=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4cq5oqyP2gIVAWl-Ch3eVwXDEAAYASADEgIosPD_BwE

(This is just one example.) A detailer who worked out at the same gym I did used to say that he wanted all vehicles to be black, to increase business. I believe him.
My detailer is some kind of famous internet detailer that seems popular on all the car forums. He does the initial ceramic base on my cars and then has me only doing no rinse washes with ONR and then using their spray wax as a drying agent.

Here is the write-up on everything, included my detailing videos he did for me on youtube.

http://acurazine.com/forums/wash-wax-23/optimum-no-rinse-909532/#post15009275

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis