ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
The AMG GLC 43 is still the closest thing to what you are looking for.

I have not been impressed with Android Auto what so ever. I actually disabled my app. Maybe I didn't give it enough time but I seem fine with just my phone giving out directions and hearing it over the entertainment system in the car. I don't ever feel like I need the visual. All in all, AA just made it more difficult to use my phone like I want to.

Oh, and I am one that slams into corners, does neck breaking launches and tend to hit crazy top end speeds, on country roads. I still have that racing gene in me even though I sold my last race car 12 years or so ago.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord

I have not been impressed with Android Auto what so ever. I actually disabled my app. Maybe I didn't give it enough time but I seem fine with just my phone giving out directions and hearing it over the entertainment system in the car. I don't ever feel like I need the visual. All in all, AA just made it more difficult to use my phone like I want to.

Oh, and I am one that slams into corners, does neck breaking launches and tend to hit crazy top end speeds, on country roads. I still have that racing gene in me even though I sold my last race car 12 years or so ago.
Hmmm. Not so sure. The price is quite steep (over 60k) and to add active safety issues I must add Mec's Nav and remove Android Auto. I gotta say, 20k over budget is too much for now.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Hmmm. Not so sure. The price is quite steep (over 60k) and to add active safety issues I must add Mec's Nav and remove Android Auto. I gotta say, 20k over budget is too much for now.
Have you considered a CPO lease? Maybe a good way to get all you want at the price your looking at.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
ahhhh, the snow, reminds me of the fourth of July back home in Buffalo !

As for the 2-3 feet, no Subaru, or very few 'stock' vehicles we know of will go through that much snow, just not enough ground clearance.

As for the Outback, my buddies wife just got a '17, really nice ride and I agree, not sure the big price jump to the Caddy is worth it.
X-Mode with reduced transmission probably was engaged.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Have you considered a CPO lease? Maybe a good way to get all you want at the price your looking at.
No, I have not. Had to google the term. Leasing a pre-owned car.... hmmm interesting ... never heard about it.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
X-Mode with reduced transmission probably was engaged.

very good, now try that in the real world (not a parking lot) on real (lousy) roads like here in Pennsyltucky. Besides the type of snow makes a world of difference along with ones choice of tire.

Regardless, one very capable vehicle or sure !

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
very good, now try that in the real world (not a parking lot) on real (lousy) roads like here in Pennsyltucky. Besides the type of snow makes a world of difference along with ones choice of tire.

Regardless, one very capable vehicle or sure !
Tires are the key in every condition.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There was an article not too long ago on Jalopnik that took two different cars on street tires and slicks and the lap times were dramatically improved when switching to the slicks.

I've noticed you can often tell quite a bit about who you are dealing with on the road by their tire choice.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
There was an article not too long ago on Jalopnik that took two different cars on street tires and slicks and the lap times were dramatically improved when switching to the slicks.

I've noticed you can often tell quite a bit about who you are dealing with on the road by their tire choice.
I always tell people to not cheap out on tires. They're one of the most important safety items on your car.

Edit: This has been my largest beef with Honda Accords. They come with god awful tires. The only thing Accord OEM tires are good for is lasting forever.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord

I run 325/35ZR22 ContiSport Contacts. They are a Y rated summer only tire. Surprisingly smooth without much road noise for a 22" tires and measure right at 12" wide. Awesome in rain and they won't ever see snow...lol....

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, all my friends have snow tires for going up to the snow and summer tires for the other 99% of the year. I rarely go to snowy parts and run summer tires all year. On the FXT I ran Dunlop Sport Maxx RT which also come as OE on the STI and I was happy with them.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hi Ho, totally agree with you on the Mazdas, superb vehicles IMO as well.
I really like the Mazada Xovers...my golf buddy has the CX9...styling, and reliability are pretty high...performance is going to be a step below that on an Infiniti or Lexus, but overall fun to drive vehicles.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have a friend with a CX-9 and two friends with CX-5s. Very nice vehicles.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, all my friends have snow tires for going up to the snow and summer tires for the other 99% of the year. I rarely go to snowy parts and run summer tires all year. On the FXT I ran Dunlop Sport Maxx RT which also come as OE on the STI and I was happy with them.
Summer Tires do get pretty hard in temps below 40F but I run them year around. Dunlop and Michelin both make tires I like, this is my first go around with Conts. The seem solid so far but I doubt they last long.

If it ever gets icy or snows here everyone just stays at home so I don't need two set ups.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord

I am retracting my statement on Android Auto. I just reloaded it and it's actually just plain awesome. I think it seemed useless to me before because I didn't understand how to navigate through the Multi-media interface of the new car.

The only potential issue is it seemed like Spotify didn't sound as good going through AA as it does going through BT. Is that possible? I only listened to a couple of songs so maybe it was just that album.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I am retracting my statement on Android Auto. I just reloaded it and it's actually just plain awesome. I think it seemed useless to me before because I didn't understand how to navigate through the Multi-media interface of the new car.

The only potential issue is it seemed like Spotify didn't sound as good going through AA as it does going through BT. Is that possible? I only listened to a couple of songs so maybe it was just that album.
Is AA making you plug in via USB or is it still connected via Bluetooth?

You guys are right on tires. Nothing worse than driving a vehicle with crap tires.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Is AA making you plug in via USB or is it still connected via Bluetooth?

You guys are right on tires. Nothing worse than driving a vehicle with crap tires.
There isn't enough bandwidth/power to do ac or as without being hardwired, which doesn't bother me because it's a battery drain on long trips.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I thought so, but wanted to make sure that was still a requirement.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis