BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Another update: Called a leasing company - nearly on the spot was given $408/month (sign and drive) price for 2018 Accord EX-L 2.0T. For some reason, their price for Touring trim was over $500, so it's no go.
$408 - Most likely that would the final deal. Too much hassle dealing with dealers and their ducking tricks. Like purposely delaying for some excuses and "what prevents you from making the deal today?"

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Riiight, Skipping the "ST Performance Brake Package"?? Ts Ts Ts... That alone changes the price to over 50k

LOL ....... for those that were knocking it's 0-60 times, why need a brake upgrade ?

on the serious side, most performance oriented mid size SUV / Crossovers easily eclipse 50...60 .... 70k

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Too much hassle dealing with dealers and their ducking tricks. Like purposely delaying for some excuses and "what prevents you from making the deal today?"
My answer to that is always "you aren't giving me the price I want". I can't stand all the dealer nonsense. I had one refuse to give me my keys when they were looking at my trade in. I walked into the managers office and told them to give me my keys or the cops would soon be on their way. Got my keys and never went back to that dealer. Stupid that I had to resort to that.

Some of these old dealers don't get that the days of shady car salesman are coming to an end. Especially when you live in a place with multiple dealers within 20 miles of each other that are owned by different people.

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
Another update: Called a leasing company - nearly on the spot was given $408/month (sign and drive) price for 2018 Accord EX-L 2.0T. For some reason, their price for Touring trim was over $500, so it's no go.
$408 - Most likely that would the final deal. Too much hassle dealing with dealers and their ducking tricks. Like purposely delaying for some excuses and "what prevents you from making the deal today?"
Man, that all sounds like such a hassle. I've never leased a personal vehicle. I HAVE leased a commercial vehicle for my business and that was a simple, no fuss, no muss affair and I walked away really happy (Daimler Financial for a Sprinter work van).

As far as a personal vehicle goes, while I'm not a lease kind of guy, I can totally see the appeal of Volvo's new "Care by Volvo" lease program. It's not cheap per se, but the flat rate prices include EVERYTHING but the fuel. Pays for the vehicle, the insurance, all maintenance including wear and tear items. It's also only a 2 year lease with getting an option to upgrade after only 1 year. I don't know about all the fine print, though. Sounds interesting.

Basically, they're trying to make car leasing like a subscription service. You only get two options for now, the S60 or the XC40, but they're both super nice cars and might be up your alley. I don't know, but could be worth checking out since dealers can no longer play the shady games with you since Volvo has set pricing.
https://www.volvocars.com/us/shopping-tools/purchase/care-by-volvo

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Not too much of a car fan. I like a car that is paid off the most. :). And my favorite beer is free beer! :)

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
so what kind of 'paid off' car do like ?
4wd or Awd is fine. Just need to get around all year long. It’s just transportation to me. I do remember liking the look of cars when I was a kid but after a serious accident in my teens, I lost the need for speed. :)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Man, that all sounds like such a hassle. I've never leased a personal vehicle. I HAVE leased a commercial vehicle for my business and that was a simple, no fuss, no muss affair and I walked away really happy (Daimler Financial for a Sprinter work van).

As far as a personal vehicle goes, while I'm not a lease kind of guy, I can totally see the appeal of Volvo's new "Care by Volvo" lease program. It's not cheap per se, but the flat rate prices include EVERYTHING but the fuel. Pays for the vehicle, the insurance, all maintenance including wear and tear items. It's also only a 2 year lease with getting an option to upgrade after only 1 year. I don't know about all the fine print, though. Sounds interesting.

Basically, they're trying to make car leasing like a subscription service. You only get two options for now, the S60 or the XC40, but they're both super nice cars and might be up your alley. I don't know, but could be worth checking out since dealers can no longer play the shady games with you since Volvo has set pricing.
https://www.volvocars.com/us/shopping-tools/purchase/care-by-volvo
I've never leased either, but I'm getting to the point that I don't plan to keep vehicles more than two or three years unless i REALLY love them. Besides my truck that is. It's job is to work and a new one is around $80k so no thanks. I'll take my sub $20k truck that has minor problems over a new one any day.

I've read a lot about leasing vehicles and I'm still clueless. Anyone got any good resources?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I've read a lot about leasing vehicles and I'm still clueless. Anyone got any good resources?
I'm kinda in the same boat. What I do know from friends who lease is that first and foremost driving needs to be 15k miles or less a year to keep it sensible $$ wise. Most folks that lease want the assurance of having a vehicle always under warranty even if it means a continual monthly payment.

As I approach retirement in the next year or two I too will have to make a decision.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
drumroll.....and here it is:
The attractiveness of the Accord fluctuates with each body style from boring to kinda ugly to very nice. This one definitely is in the last category and is a real looker! I hope you enjoy it and it serves you well.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I've never leased either, but I'm getting to the point that I don't plan to keep vehicles more than two or three years unless i REALLY love them. Besides my truck that is. It's job is to work and a new one is around $80k so no thanks. I'll take my sub $20k truck that has minor problems over a new one any day.

I usually lease cars. It works well for me because my company pays for most of it, I change cars very frequently and I normally tune cars which voids warranty plus may tear up the car. I am not going to ruin something I own....

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I usually lease cars. It works well for me because my company pays for most of it, I change cars very frequently and I normally tune cars which voids warranty plus may tear up the car. I am not going to ruin something I own....
Interesting point. So you tune and mod your leased cars? What do you do with the aftermarket stuff when you turn in the lease?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
The attractiveness of the Accord fluctuates with each body style from boring to kinda ugly to very nice. This one definitely is in the last category and is a real looker! I hope you enjoy it and it serves you well.
Yes, they have done a nice job on that body. Looks good.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis