New Paradigm Studio .v5

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Beautiful looking speakers. Well, the new ones...and yours, Warp. Nice picture of the Love Shack. :)

Hope that everyone got through both their scotches and the night okay.

Sorry Warp...

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Oh Cr@p..... I forgot to say Sorry Warp...

Thanks Adam...

Sorry Warp.... :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Just don't forget again! ;)

I tell ya, those pictures make me want to go listen to some Paradigms again. Two things hold me back.

1. When I listened to them in 1997, it was like nails on a chalkboard. I absolutely hated them.

2. The place that sells them in town is the same place that screwed me over on a defective subwoofer. So, there's two strikes.

We'll see, though. I can put up with that store's BS long enough to just go listen, I suppose.

And, before I forget: Sorry, Warp...

tn001d

tn001d

Senior Audioholic
I guess your right, I really never paid that much attention to it, and It obviously never bothered me thus far... :)

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d109/Warpdrv/Bedroom/BedroomPainted001.jpg

Its not much of a big deal with non-black speakers, but you can clearly see the clash with you subwoofer's grill and the paradigms grill.

One thing i did forget to mention is that the grill has the crazy plastic grid pattern on interior side beneath the cloth. Too me that adds a lot of surface to black the sound. I have never seen any other speaker manufacture do this. Paradigm doesnt even do this with their monitor line, or there older studio lines prior to v3.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Its not much of a big deal with non-black speakers, but you can clearly see the clash with you subwoofer's grill and the paradigms grill.

One thing i did forget to mention is that the grill has the crazy plastic grid pattern on interior side beneath the cloth. Too me that adds a lot of surface to black the sound. I have never seen any other speaker manufacture do this. Paradigm doesnt even do this with their monitor line, or there older studio lines prior to v3.
Paradigm states that that grid pattern is to aid in dispersion, I always questioned that myself, but I have no issues with the sound of the Sigs in my room.... people are blown away by how it sounds in there Thunderous..... The JL is the Icing on the cake...

Sorry Warp

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Crap, I owe you 3.

Sorry Warp...

Sorry Warp...

Sorry Warp...

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
To my eye, that pic looks a lot like Sig.V2s.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Dude a whole lot has changed in 11 years.
I'm reminded of that every time that I look in the mirror. :D

I hear ya, though. I'll give them a chance when I'm in the market. Luckily, my NHTs are still keeping me happy. But, those Paradigms just look so nice...

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Dude a whole lot has changed in 11 years.
Funny....

I still look the same....

Always got these early 20's chicks tryin to pick me up... Thinking I'm like 30 - I ask them for an ID :D Just can't deal with them girls... too young, make my ears bleed every time they open their mouths to speak... :cool:

BTW, you guys are buckin the trend here....

Sorry Warp

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
:eek: Oh, the shame runs deep for my omission. I shall try to make amends and double up (double up, uh, uh).

Sorry Warp...

Sorry Warp...

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
I have found out that its never good when the girls are closer to my sons age then they are to mine....

Every now and then my nose grows... ;):D

Sorry Warp

Last edited:
B

Bluesmoke

Audioholic Chief
Paradigm speakers have always looked beautiful and they keep getting better.

I'm perfectly satisfied with my Energy Ref setup, but if not I would have gone with the new Paradigms.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Funny....

I still look the same....

Always got these early 20's chicks tryin to pick me up... Thinking I'm like 30 - I ask them for an ID :D Just can't deal with them girls... too young, make my ears bleed every time they open their mouths to speak... :cool:

BTW, you guys are buckin the trend here....

Sorry Warp
you the man! that's what i call great self-confidence! :D;)

sorry warp! just kidding ... i believe you. (when you start posting pics of those chicks) :p

Last edited by a moderator:
tn001d

tn001d

Senior Audioholic
Looks like the signature series v1 maybe cheaper cabinet, but everything else the same. Just like regan's trickle down economics but for speakers..

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis