New Paradigm Studio .v5

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
There's a good chance, that every thread I have participated in, has gotten off topic......;

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Thats the only scotch I like Glenmorangie. Good choice ADK.........The Macallum single sherry oak 15 year is a really good one as well just costs alot more.....

Sorry to keep going off topic warp
Might as well keep going.

I got to go to the distillery a few years back. Very cool. The bummer (for me) was my wife didn't do the tour because she had our little one and the people that worked there kept giving her samples the whole time. So I get back and get my little sample and she has tried everything they have.:eek:

The other neat thing is Glenmorangie has a deal with Jack Daniels where they buy all of their white oak barrels when they are done with them. It was odd walking into the storehouse and seeing JD on all the barrels.:D

Edit: Sorry Warp

Last edited:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
You must end each statement with "sorry Warp"
Might as well keep going.

I got to go to the distillery a few years back. Very cool. The bummer (for me) was my wife didn't do the tour because she had our little one and the people that worked there kept giving her samples the whole time. So I get back and get my little sample and she has tried everything they have.:eek:

The other neat thing is Glenmorangie has a deal with Jack Daniels where they buy all of their white oak barrels when they are done with them. It was odd walking into the storehouse and seeing JD on all the barrels.:D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Scotch-3

On my way out to dinner so I guess you win unless I stay with Scotch.

Sorry Warp.......

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
OMG>... I can't believe how many posts since I started this...

HIJACKERS.. !!!!! Wooo Hoooo... I got a Stoli Raz and Sprite runnin as we speak, but hey... what the hell... Can't beat 'em Join 'em...

Well If you look closely enough, you can see the tweeters are not the Sig Be tweets... I am relying on the OP's statement that they are labels Studio's, but I haven't been to Cedia myself... but they sure look nice...

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Scotch - 4 End of bottle.:(

Stoli Raz is good but I don't care for regular. I'm a Grey Goose guy.

They must be Sigs. I have not seen that finish on the other models.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I consider Grey Goose the BOSE of Vodka. Give me Belvedere or give me death.

Ok, I am really on my way to dinner now.

Sorry Warp....
Scotch - 4 End of bottle.:(

Stoli Raz is good but I don't care for regular. I'm a Grey Goose guy.

They must be Sigs. I have not seen that finish on the other models.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
BTW, I am in Pure Direct.

I will trade you 4 bottles of Scotch for the Warfs.

CHECK BACK LATER TONIGHT, HAVE A GOOD ONE.

Sorry Warp.....

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Well we shall see soon enough whether Paradigm actually made some changes in house for the Studio's as the news will travel fast...

Sig S6
Sig S8

Different from this pic, looks like a Studio 20 in the middle, no 40... just 2 and 3 way speakers.. and what is that on the left.. ?
Studio 10? Very interesting pictures... That is a 100 on the right with the proper amount of drivers... IMO...
Take a look at those ports... something is different there... Oval port on the far left speaker...? and Is that a Studio 60 in black..? There is a distinct difference in the shape of those cabinets compared to the Signature series.. Hmmm

BTW If I was drinkin straight Vodka, I would probably put my nose up a little higher, but since I have a sweet tooth, and I mix with soda or lemonade or something like that. Stoli gets me there just the same...

Maybe this is a jump start on a serious revision on the Signature series... for next year... whats going on at Paradigm.. I have a feeling they are trying to stay at the forefront of technology...

Sorry Warp... :D

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks for posting that photo. They look great. :D

I need to make a trip back over to Orlando to the Paradigm dealer to hear them if they have them. Also would like to hear the new Monitor series.
Hey Mazer, the new Monitor v.5 Series has been much improved. They are still not near as good as the Studio, but improved upon nonetheless. When you do get to hear them, please be sure to let me know what you think if you don't mind my friend.

Cheers,

Phil

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
I doubt you will see those new Studio's at the dealers until late in the year... no different when they released the Studio .v4's, dealers really didn't see them until Dec, or Jan is when I could first get my hands on them.

Same with the .v2 Sigs... advertised the hell out of them, but didn't find their way to the dealers until spring... :eek: All that after news and info from Cedia...

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Someone over at AVS posted pics of what seems to be the new line of Paradigm Studio's... .v5
Seem to be much prettier. Tapered cabinets, and real wood veneer?
I am looking forward to seeing more info about these.

If anyone else has a chance, could they take some more pics at Cedia over there and upload
Thanks warp for the pic. Gosh those are so darn sexy. Bet there will be a significant price increase too. The Studio 20 v.3's are still to this day among my favorite speaker bar none. These are bound to bring them up a notch or two in the food-chain. ;);)

Cheers,

Phil

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
When you do get to hear them, please be sure to let me know what you think if you don't mind my friend.
I have a hard time getting over to Majorloser's house much less Orlando. Time just isn't on my side lately. But I will remember once I do get a chance to audition them. ;)

Sorry Warp...

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I have a hard time getting over to Majorloser's house much less Orlando. Time just isn't on my side lately. But I will remember once I do get a chance to audition them. ;)

Sorry Warp...
Looking forward to it. I wished I could hear the SVS speakers too. What would really be cool is to be able to do an A/B comparison between the two. You really have me curious to hear them. ;);)

Cheers,

Phil

tn001d

tn001d

Senior Audioholic
Anyone know if the new studio line will use speaker grills that are actually made of cloth that is black and charcoal grey? I stayed away from studio v3 and v4 because of this. The grills were just so ugly and clashed too much with a black cabinet. I was also a never a fan of the ugly curved bottom face plate. I love my studio v2 (with deep black clothed grills) and classier look, but am itching to upgrade like many.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I would guess that we dont know that kind of detail since we dont even know what they are for sure.

You are correct about the grill color but I am certain you could get some one to change this for about 5 bucks.
Anyone know if the new studio line will use speaker grills that are actually made of cloth that is black and charcoal grey? I stayed away from studio v3 and v4 because of this. The grills were just so ugly and clashed too much with a black cabinet. I was also a never a fan of the ugly curved bottom face plate. I love my studio v2 (with deep black clothed grills) and classier look, but am itching to upgrade like many.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
My v4's are black... :confused:

So are my .v1 sigs... Maybe they are just not deep black, but I guess I really didn't notice all that much..

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Nope, they are charcoal grey, take them out in the sunlight and look.
My v4's are black... :confused:

So are my .v1 sigs... Maybe they are just not deep black, but I guess I really didn't notice all that much..

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis