My depression I've been dealing with.

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Well, they have empirical science and ethics on their side, quite unlike the magic supplements being unethically suggested by you misinformed nitwits.

Ryan, you're better following the advice from the trained professional who has actually been to medical school and has the knowledge and expertise to diagnose and treat your condition, not these internet supplement "true believers".

"It's easier to con a man than to convince him he's been conned." -Mark Twain
I've been taking Latuda, and it's been helping me. That's a second gen antipsychotic, proven to help schizophrenia and depression. It is good to take vitamins, such as Omega 3, magnesium, etc, but those are rule of thumb vitamins, not medicines. They're supplements. I'm going to stick what my psychiatrist has prescribed me with, Latuda, and not use anything else.

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
This is what he came here for.

To stir controversy until you are eating each other and yourselves.

Beware.
GJ, I know you despise me, but I'm not here to pester others. I'm here to discuss everyday life problems, such as my depression. My doctor has prescribed me with Latuda, and I'm staying with it. He knows what he's talking about.

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
mental illnesses are REAL.
With all respect, obviously.

I guess the reason I quote this and speak to it is that it is so basic, obvious. In a way it's kind of insulting to even verify it.

I get where you are coming from thought.

Peace

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Hi guys,
I haven't been feeling well these days. I've been dealing with almost unbearable depression, it's like a hammer hits your happiness with a fatal blow. Sometimes I just feel like I should just go ahead and end my life, but I know that shouldn't be the case. I believe I have a happy life ahead for me, but that belief is just being torn down like an old building. I'm still listening to music, but I'm not getting around very well. I feel very sick at the stomach, and I just can't deal with it. This is my reason for my absence off here, I just need some time to get better, or either just end this all. I'm so depressed and sick.
Best to all.
Ryan (Or Kaa)
All the best to you my friend. Depression is nothing to scoff at, it can be very serious.

Surround yourself with good music, good uplifting people, good food, good humor too.

Be kind to yourself. Give yourself time to heal. Smile at yourself in the mirror and smile at other people.

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
I've had three bouts with depression over my lifetime. I literally feel your pain. I'm so glad you are getting help. And, be assured the sort of help you are getting will relieve your pain, I promise. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
That's very cool! Just went to my psychiatrist and got some meds. Feeling great now, just listening to some reel to reel tape and chilling. :) Ryan is a unique name!
Ryan
Every Ryan I have ever known has been a rock solid, cool dude. I will wager that you are as well. I read your post with interest because its a topic that doesn't get enough attention and men in particular try to overlook it or pretend it doesn't exist. It does, and I'm very glad you've spoke up and are seeking some assistance.

I've ridden the roller coaster for years and know something of ups and downs. Seeking some help is outstanding and you get two thumbs up from me for trying and making the effort.

Keep up the effort and I believe results will come. Keep letting the steam off in healthy ways like posting to a community that cares about its members. Be well and my thoughts and prayers go with you

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Ryan
Every Ryan I have ever known has been a rock solid, cool dude. I will wager that you are as well. I read your post with interest because its a topic that doesn't get enough attention and men in particular try to overlook it or pretend it doesn't exist. It does, and I'm very glad you've spoke up and are seeking some assistance.

I've ridden the roller coaster for years and know something of ups and downs. Seeking some help is outstanding and you get two thumbs up from me for trying and making the effort.

Keep up the effort and I believe results will come. Keep letting the steam off in healthy ways like posting to a community that cares about its members. Be well and my thoughts and prayers go with you
Thank you for the empathy sir. It‘s nice of you to make such a nice post. :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
With all respect, obviously.

I guess the reason I quote this and speak to it is that it is so basic, obvious. In a way it's kind of insulting to even verify it.

I get where you are coming from thought.

Peace
It's obvious to all but unfortunately the one at times that's going through it. All to often in pain the individual feels they are alone in this or this is somehow theyre fault. I know I was caught in some of that in my situation. I shared it in case our young friend was maybe going through some of it too that's all. Also experiencing it was quiet the revelation. I could say it was real. I could say I understand and we need to be compassionate. But when it happened to me it was a whole new ball game to be caught up in it. Humbling in a way I feel made me a better person. But I also see where your coming from as well

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Sadly, GJ wasn't. He hates me. Anyway let's try and keep this thread positive.
Hey don't let anyone get to you my friend. Remember when you take a risk and open up like you did your gonna let in a little bad as well as good. That's the price of being brave enough to be vulnerable. Just do you be true to you and let everything else including the people who don't get along with you go. You can't please everyone and the better you get at tuning em out the stronger you'll grow my friend trust me on that.

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Hey don't let anyone get to you my friend. Remember when you take a risk and open up like you did your gonna let in a little bad as well as good. That's the price of being brave enough to be vulnerable. Just do you be true to you and let everything else including the people who don't get along with you go. You can't please everyone and the better you get at tuning em out the stronger you'll grow my friend trust me on that.
I understand completely sir. I agree with you every bit. You're very kind. I hope we can chat more in the future. Do you like reel to reels?
Thanks,
Ryan

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I understand completely sir. I agree with you every bit. You're very kind. I hope we can chat more in the future. Do you like reel to reels?
Thanks,
Ryan
I hope we get to talk more as well your question is why I love this forum so much. I haven't gotten in to reel to reels yet but I'd like to learn. I want to learn and enjoy as much in the audio world as I can. Every year I plan on adding something new to the system and learning from everyone on how to go about it. PM me sometime Id like to learn more about it. Be cool to have a new friend on here to chat with about audio.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
You can't knock it until you try it. It has helped many people I know and I'd rather go natural than the other way with side affects with some drugs. I won't apologize for suggesting Sam-E.
I'm not trying to create or stir a pot on the op's post but I've chatted with you for awhile afterlife2 on a lottof subjects and know you to be a positive kind person who always tries to help like drunkpenguin stated I don't believe you or anybody else deserves to be spoken to harshly for trying to be helpful. I agree with the poster's intent of making sure to be careful with trying things and playing doctor without consulting one first. What helped me may not help someone else. It's important to realize no 2 people react the same way to all treatments. I also appreciate the poster's concern of trying to protect the OP that is a very understandable viewpoint and shows they care. But as stated by drunkpenguin the harsh statements are unfortunately detracting from a good point. On the other side I agree with you and drunkpenguin that it's important to look at other options to add on to your baseline treatment. After the accident my neurologist, therapist, and psychiatrist all felt medication although vital would only be one part of the recovery process. And they gave me a lottof helpful ideas to add into my life. Natural diet changes, sleep hygiene, exercises, exposure therapy, meditation, biofeedback and neurofeedback training, the list goes on and on. I guess what I'm advocating is balance there are good points on both sides. The key is as the OP looks at all our input he should run it by his doctor to make sure it doesn't get in the way of the work they are doing together. Also I'm really proud of all our members. Very inspiring to see our community rally to support one of its own. Our passion for audio doesn't just create enjoyment with our hobby. It also builds relationships and connections that can like today hopefully touch and change lives.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ryan

I'd just like to say since were talking about cool dudes. You sir are a cool dude. Ive always enjoyed your posts your always easy to chat with. And you just always express yourself with a very nice touch of class and etiquette. I always enjoy when you drop in on a post and comment.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
@KaatheSnake

Hallo, Ryan,

I’m very sorry to hear of your suffering. I join all those who wish you well. You should keep this thread open and continue with the updates on how you feel. We’ll be with you and every now and then try to find a good, well-chosen word for you in hopes good and positive will prevail.

I see you’re very smart and cautious about easy solutions and quick fixes and this makes me very happy and hopeful in your case. If depression could be dealt with by drinking chamomile, no one would ever suffer from depression.

I had a very bad and strong episode and came through, somehow, miraculously well. I’ve reached a point where I could spend several days, sometimes a week just staring at the ceiling. Everyone around was frightened and they all suffered with me.

On a higher note (excuse the pun :) ), this is a sharing thread and since we share knowledge and experience on hifi, why not the same with our struggles?! Ei?

By sheer stroke of luck, I got very frightened of my depression, I panicked and wanted to beat the bastard.

A very big part of it was intense physical activity. This is common and widely promoted. Your every step; therapy and meds, should be accompanied with a lot of physical activity. Try and make it as explosive as you can, like jumping on a trampoline. Get those juices flowing!

Beat the depression Ryan!! There’s a huge reward on the other side of that battle. And you ARE stronger than the disease. A man can beat depression. A man like you certainly can!

Don't forget to keep us posted!

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
@KaatheSnake

Hallo, Ryan,

I’m very sorry to hear of your suffering. I join all those who wish you well. You should keep this thread open and continue with the updates on how you feel. We’ll be with you and every now and then try to find a good, well-chosen word for you in hopes good and positive will prevail.

I see you’re very smart and cautious about easy solutions and quick fixes and this makes me very happy and hopeful in your case. If depression could be dealt with by drinking chamomile, no one would ever suffer from depression.

I had a very bad and strong episode and came through, somehow, miraculously well. I’ve reached a point where I could spend several days, sometimes a week just staring at the ceiling. Everyone around was frightened and they all suffered with me.

On a higher note (excuse the pun :) ), this is a sharing thread and since we share knowledge and experience on hifi, why not the same with our struggles?! Ei?

By sheer stroke of luck, I got very frightened of my depression, I panicked and wanted to beat the bastard.

A very big part of it was intense physical activity. This is common and widely promoted. Your every step; therapy and meds, should be accompanied with a lot of physical activity. Try and make it as explosive as you can, like jumping on a trampoline. Get those juices flowing!

Beat the depression Ryan!! There’s a huge reward on the other side of that battle. And you ARE stronger than the disease. A man can beat depression. A man like you certainly can!

Don't forget to keep us posted!
Good morning, sir! I just got up. It's 8:15 AM where I am. Everything's been going well the last couple of days, just resting, running on my treadmill, playing my guitar, etc. It seems, as you suggested above, that physical activity does help with my depression. I feel fine right now, no complaints. I'm very sorry you've dealt with this horrible mental stage (I should call it,) it's very bad when you don't do anything about it. I make sure that if something looks suspicious (such as a herbal "medication") that my psychiatrist knows about it, and it would help me. It's about 99% of the time that he says that a herbal "medicine" will not work. I will keep ya'll posted, and I'll keep this thread open for a while.
Thanks and have a great day,
Ryan

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
@killdozzer

How can you rip natural remedies and then promote physical activity? Fwiw i fully agree with it, but it seems to contradict your position.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
@killdozzer

How can you rip natural remedies and then promote physical activity? Fwiw i fully agree with it, but it seems to contradict your position.
It doesn't. Thank you for asking.

Physical activity is promoted by the most rigorous and orthodox, scientifically based experts all over the field. It is a natural way of stimulating the produce of serotonin which is much needed in this case and your mind reacts better to this serotonin than the one meds would produce. (and no one is making money of your misfortune by merely saying „run on a treadmill“)

Chamomile is also recognized for its calming effect, but this is not something you need during an episode of depression. In layman’s terms it’s a downer when you’re already down. Besides, it really doesn’t cure depression.

I'm glad we agree on the physical activity part.

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
It doesn't. Thank you for asking.

Physical activity is promoted by the most rigorous and orthodox, scientifically based experts all over the field. It is a natural way of stimulating the produce of serotonin which is much needed in this case and your mind reacts better to this serotonin than the one meds would produce. (and no one is making money of your misfortune by merely saying „run on a treadmill“)

Chamomile is also recognized for its calming effect, but this is not something you need during an episode of depression. In layman’s terms it’s a downer when you’re already down. Besides, it really doesn’t cure depression.

I'm glad we agree on the physical activity part.
Hi guys! I'm back on AH after a short break. I've been doing much better, just resting, running, and playing with my guitar and reel to reel. I'm opening up a mobile recording studio based out of an old Silver Streak camper that I can carry around with me and record sound for bands in bars and not actually have to be in the bar. I'll be resting in my control booth of my studio mixing and mastering. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis