My depression I've been dealing with.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Use this to your advantage since I know you want to pursue a musical career. Many of the best songs ever written were created when an artist was feeling low.

WineOfTheVeins

WineOfTheVeins

Audioholic
I'm doing much better today. Doctor's visit went well. Prescribed me with an atypical antipsychotic. Just chilling and listening to a 15 IPS reel to reel tape. There's something about tape hiss that just calms my nerves.
Good to hear lil' buddy. Take it one day at a time. I've beaten clinical depression myself. It's not an overnight fix, it takes time; but when you overcome it, you have a whole new appreciation of the world that you've never had the chance to admire. I started appreciating nature more, the calming sounds of birds and squirrels in the morning, I was excited to tackle each day when my alarm went off, just some examples. This whole ordeal will make you stronger and wiser in the future, harder to break and more experienced with not only your own psychology, but other people's. You're on the right track; keep it up!

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Good to hear lil' buddy. Take it one day at a time. I've beaten clinical depression myself. It's not an overnight fix, it takes time; but when you overcome it, you have a whole new appreciation of the world that you've never had the chance to admire. I started appreciating nature more, the calming sounds of birds and squirrels in the morning, I was excited to tackle each day when my alarm went off, just some examples. This whole ordeal will make you stronger and wiser in the future, harder to break and more experienced with not only your own psychology, but other people's. You're on the right track; keep it up!
Yes, clinical depression can not be healed with the snap of a finger. It takes time, but I'll feel much better soon. I might actually write a song @Drunkpenguin , it may be a great one!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Sorry to hear about your situation. If you can get this book from a local library or buy it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0679763309/ref=sr_1_2_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1536862026&sr=8-2&keywords=a+quiet+mind
Look into natural SAM-e 200 at a local pharmacy:
https://www.amazon.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Promotes-Strength-Enteric-Coated/dp/B0013OVW0O/ref=sr_1_8_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1536862481&sr=1-8&keywords=sam-e&dpID=51CavdCtERL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch&th=1
Chamomile tea can also calm you down. Also get a hobby to occupy your mind. Good luck.

Last edited:

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
I really need to see a psychiatrist. Thankfully I've got an appointment scheduled for tomorrow at 9:00 AM. At least I can talk to him about my situation.
Be well...hopefully you can get to the root of your depression.

I have a brother-in-law going thru some depression issues as well...it's taken him 2 yrs of therapy to get to the root of his depression and now he's finally coming back around to being his old self.

Keep working at it.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Thank you for the empathy sir. I'm feeling better now. So sorry about your mom! Yes, suicide is very sad. That thought is out of my head. Just chilling and listening to my reel to reel.
Thank you. Music is always there! It gets me through alot :)

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Sorry to hear about your situation. If you can get this book from a local library or buy it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0679763309/ref=sr_1_2_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1536862026&sr=8-2&keywords=a+quiet+mind
https://www.amazon.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Promotes-Strength-Enteric-Coated/dp/B0013OVW0O/ref=sr_1_8_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1536862481&sr=1-8&keywords=sam-e&dpID=51CavdCtERL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch&th=1
Chamomile tea can also calm you down. Also get a hobby to occupy your mind. Good luck.
Thank you for the suggestions, sir! Chamomile worked really well for me. Just drank some a couple of hours ago. Feel better.

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Don't forget the Quack Miranda warning:
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Depression should be taken seriously and treated with methods that have demonstrable efficacy, not used as an opportunity to push false hope and unproven alt med BS. That's just that sort of marketing driven new age postmodern irrationality that plagues our whole society.

If you wouldn't promote magic speaker wire or AC cords on Audioholics, where the only threat is to some fool's wallet and our collective intelligence, then it makes sense to also refrain from promoting unsubstantiated alt med nonsense that poses a direct threat to public health.

Sorry for hopping on my soap box and derailing your thread Ryan. I'm glad you sought help, and hope for the best outcome. Stay strong.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Very good advice indeed. I didn't think about the natural options. We are so damn conditioned to reach for meds. No wonder, when every other commercial on TV is about some new wonder drug....with a list of possible side effects a mile long...

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Depression should be taken seriously and treated with methods that have demonstrable efficacy, not used as an opportunity to push false hope and unproven alt med BS. That's just that sort of marketing driven new age postmodern irrationality that plagues our whole society.

If you wouldn't promote magic speaker wire or AC cords on Audioholics, where the only threat is to some fool's wallet and our collective intelligence, then it makes sense to also refrain from promoting unsubstantiated alt med nonsense that poses a direct threat to public health.

Sorry for hopping on my soap box and derailing your thread Ryan. I'm glad you sought help, and hope for the best outcome. Stay strong.
I agree. Not a proven scientific medicine. My psychiatrist prescribed me with Latuda, an atypical antipsychotic.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm doing much better today. Doctor's visit went well. Prescribed me with an atypical antipsychotic. Just chilling and listening to a 15 IPS reel to reel tape. There's something about tape hiss that just calms my nerves.
Good to hear. Keep focusing on things you enjoy, that's always a good route to my mind.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

You can't knock it until you try it. It has helped many people I know and I'd rather go natural than the other way with side affects with some drugs. I won't apologize for suggesting Sam-E.

kystorm

kystorm

Audioholic
There's not much that saddens me more than hearing of someone in my little town killing themselves. Whether I know em or not it really bothers me. My condolences to anyone here who's lost someone that way.
Ryan, stay strong and best wishes for ya. Hopefully things keep getting better for ya( :

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
You can't knock it until you try it. It has helped many people I know and I'd rather go natural than the other way with side affects with some drugs. I won't apologize for suggesting Sam-E.
I'm gonna totally agree with this actually. I have 2 nieces that are late teens now and my brother had them on various prescriptions their entire life. They were the type of parents that had no control over their kids at all and instead of learning to discipline and control they had them on pill cocktails. At times they were taking handfuls a day of everyhing from lithium to aderal I believe. Fast forward to now and both girls are less than 5' tall in a family of VERY tall people. We are full of men beyond 6'. I think it stunted their growth. One of them is basically a zombie these days and the other one is still out of control. I'm all for natural solutions whenever possible.

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Are you a psychiatrist, psychologist, or qualified in any way to make such a recommendation? Do you know if there are any possible drug interactions between what the psychiatrist already ordered and the snake oil you're promoting? As for "trying it", all studies so far are inconclusive, but don't let that stop you from blindly promoting snake oil which may cause a serotonin syndrome in someone already suffering from depression and already on antipsychotic meds. Fucking brilliant, @afterlife2 . Apt screen name; if everyone followed your advice, they would certainly get there sooner.

Alt med nonsense is a huge, dangerous, consumeristic con job. Depression is a very serious condition, not an opening for a sales pitch for charlantry, and to do so is disrespectful and potentially dangerous. So stop posting bullshit.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
The con job is your local doctor imo. Highly paid drug dealers with the law on their side. Nothing more.

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Well, they have empirical science and ethics on their side, quite unlike the magic supplements being unethically suggested by you misinformed nitwits.

Ryan, you're better following the advice from the trained professional who has actually been to medical school and has the knowledge and expertise to diagnose and treat your condition, not these internet supplement "true believers".

"It's easier to con a man than to convince him he's been conned." -Mark Twain

R

RhythmGJ

Audiophyte
This is what he came here for.

To stir controversy until you are eating each other and yourselves.

Beware.

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

There is no controversy. The facts support one side and not the other. Perhaps it's controversial that some choose to ignore the facts, but that's their problem. I'm merely trying to advocate for the OP so they don't make it his problem as well.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
The last time I walked into a doctors office (as a generally healthy 30 year old who was feeling tired all the time and whos blood pressure was a bit high) I left with a half a dozen pills. None of which I ever took after the first day turned me moodier than a scorned woman. From that day forward I started eating better, taking care of myself, and not letting the world stress me out, and have been fine without the science of narcotics. Theres a place for it of course penicillin, cancer drugs, etc, but doctors today want to prescribe something for everything and its not always needed.

I've had one good doctor in my life. I was suffering from carpal tunnel and he said "I could give you cortizone shots but I don't like to do that, my best advice is to get a new job where you're not typing all day". Thats a good doctor. And I followed his advice.

And btw, when you start up the name calling you lose any credibility you brought to the argument.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis