P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
If I run through the receiver everything is fine. I have not tried a processor reset.
Then it has to be something wrong with you App, try uninstalling it, then download it and re-install it again. May be your smart device is not compatible? Are you using an Apple device or Android.

If Android, they listed the confirmed devices that include a lot of Samsung Galaxy's and Nexus devices.

"Compatible Android devices:
•Android Smartphones with Android OS ver.4.1 (or higher)
•Screen resolution: 800x480, 854x480, 960x540, 1280x720, 1280x800, 1920x1080, 1920x1200, 2048x1536
* This application does not support smartphones in QVGA (320x240) and HVGA (480x320) resolution.
* This application does not support smartphones of less than 2GB RAM capacity.

Confirmed Android devices:
Samsung Galaxy S5 (OS 6.0.1), Samsung Galaxy S6 (OS 7.0), Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (OS 7.0), Samsung Galaxy S8+ (OS 8.0.0), Google (ASUS) Nexus 7 (2013) (OS 6.0.1), Google (HTC) Nexus 9 (OS 7.1.1), Google Pixel 2 (OS 9), Google Pixel 3 (OS 10)

Caution:
We do not guarantee that this application works with all Android devices."

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Then it has to be something wrong with you App, try uninstalling it, then download it and re-install it again. May be your smart device is not compatible? Are you using an Apple device or Android.

If Android, they listed the confirmed devices that include a lot of Samsung Galaxy's and Nexus devices.

"Compatible Android devices:
•Android Smartphones with Android OS ver.4.1 (or higher)
•Screen resolution: 800x480, 854x480, 960x540, 1280x720, 1280x800, 1920x1080, 1920x1200, 2048x1536
* This application does not support smartphones in QVGA (320x240) and HVGA (480x320) resolution.
* This application does not support smartphones of less than 2GB RAM capacity.

Confirmed Android devices:
Samsung Galaxy S5 (OS 6.0.1), Samsung Galaxy S6 (OS 7.0), Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (OS 7.0), Samsung Galaxy S8+ (OS 8.0.0), Google (ASUS) Nexus 7 (2013) (OS 6.0.1), Google (HTC) Nexus 9 (OS 7.1.1), Google Pixel 2 (OS 9), Google Pixel 3 (OS 10)

Caution:
We do not guarantee that this application works with all Android devices."
I've got a Galaxy S10. I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling it and see if that works.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
To download the Ratbuddyssey UI:

After that, focus on post#144, https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/the-audyssey-multeq-editor-app-users-thread-with-facts-and-tips.118005/page-8#post-1401884

It is my worked example:

I copied/pasted the interface below:

The bottom left table is where you would type in the boosts (+ve) and cuts (-ve) for each frequency. When you are done, you can save the file and send it to your device using the "shared" function iirc, or copy it to the smart device appropriate folder. Let me know when you are ready so I can post some screenshots you can follow. I haven't done it for a while so I will need a few minutes to recall how to do that, but rest assure it is easy to do.

View attachment 40232

The AVS thread has much more information, but I thought it may be too much, 32 pages, 633 posts and counting.:D

Sorry, I fell back asleep after I was on here earlier and didn’t get up until 630. I’m going to try and go down there tonight

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
To download the Ratbuddyssey UI:

After that, focus on post#144, https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/the-audyssey-multeq-editor-app-users-thread-with-facts-and-tips.118005/page-8#post-1401884

It is my worked example:

I copied/pasted the interface below:

The bottom left table is where you would type in the boosts (+ve) and cuts (-ve) for each frequency. When you are done, you can save the file and send it to your device using the "shared" function iirc, or copy it to the smart device appropriate folder. Let me know when you are ready so I can post some screenshots you can follow. I haven't done it for a while so I will need a few minutes to recall how to do that, but rest assure it is easy to do.

View attachment 40232

The AVS thread has much more information, but I thought it may be too much, 32 pages, 633 posts and counting.:D

Once I’m in to the link for the reference curve you sent, I get into assets correct, thats underneath graph and click on the Ratbuddyssey 0.3.0.3 zip?

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Is it the ratbuddyssey application i want to get in or ratbuddyssey.exe.config or ratbuddyssey.exe.manifest?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Is it the ratbuddyssey application i want to get in or ratbuddyssey.exe.config or ratbuddyssey.exe.manifest?
Neither, use the one named "Ratbuddyssey.exe".

Double click it you will see the following opened up:

At the left hand bottom corner is the little text box where you enter the frequency and boosts/cuts you want to apply.

For your first trial, I suggested you focus on between 20 to 27 Hz, apply the cuts that you can see from your REW graphs that is needed at say 21, 22, 23, through 27 Hz to flatten it.

After that, save the file, give it a name. Then you can copy the .ady file to the MultEQEditor folder in your Android device. You can do the same (but different way obviously) with an IOS device too obviously. Once that's done, next time you open the App on your smart tablet/phone you should be able to see the new target curve shows up. To make it easy to ID, name it in a way that it will look obvious to you hat it is the new target curve you created.

Before you send it to the AVR, you can select that curve and see how it looks like.

1601298038617.png

Attachments

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief

At the left hand bottom corner is the little text box where you enter the frequency and boosts/cuts you want to apply.

For your first trial, I suggested you focus on between 20 to 27 Hz, apply the cuts that you can see from your REW graphs that is needed at say 21, 22, 23, through 27 Hz to flatten it.

After that, save the file, give it a name. Then you can copy the .ady file to the MultEQEditor folder in your Android device. You can do the same (but different way obviously) with an IOS device too obviously. Once that's done, next time you open the App on your smart tablet/phone you should be able to see the new target curve shows up. To make it easy to ID, name it in a way that it will look obvious to you hat it is the new target curve you created.

Before you send it to the AVR, you can select that curve and see how it looks like.

View attachment 40255
Ok I finally got it up. Do I need to fill in all the boxes or just where the cutting and boosting boxes are?

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief

View attachment 40255
And how do I get more boxes to appear so I can enter the rest of the frequencies, it’s only giving me one

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Idk wth I’m doing now. I’m sure you’re getting frustrated with me. I got it to pull up on my laptop, it won’t pull up on my iPhone. I’m not getting how to get more boxes for the several cuts I need to make and am I supposed to save it on my laptop then send it to my phone?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Idk wth I’m doing now. I’m sure you’re getting frustrated with me. I got it to pull up on my laptop, it won’t pull up on my iPhone. I’m not getting how to get more boxes for the several cuts I need to make and am I supposed to save it on my laptop then send it to my phone?
Sorry I forgot to mention that you should run Ratbuddyssey on your laptop. I have not try it on IOS, but no issue with win10. Yes once done then you can copy the .ady file to the phone. Are you using Android or IOS (iphone/pad?)

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Sorry I forgot to mention that you should run Ratbuddyssey on your laptop. I have not try it on IOS, but no issue with win10. Yes once done then you can copy the .ady file to the phone. Are you using Android or IOS (iphone/pad?)
iPhone 7. How do I get more boxes to appear to add more frequencies?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
iPhone 7. How do I get more boxes to appear to add more frequencies?
I assume you know how to move the .ady file from your iphone to the PC, if not see bel

Each time you click the box "Add", it would give you another box to enter the next frequency, I just did an example and below is the screenshot:

1601314347036.png

Moving the .ady file back and forth between your iphone and Google app.

I found the following method to move the .ady file from the iphone to the PC and from PC back to the iphone after you are done with the new target curve. You may know of other ways, I have not used an iphone for a couple years so I don't know any better.

"Audyssey MultEQ Editor App / Ratbuddyssey FAQ & Tips

Page 8 of 2
Moving the .ADY files to and from Google Drive
If you want to move the files to and from cloud storage, either for manipulation via
Ratbudyssey or for storage, it can be confusing how to do this. Here is one method that worked
on an iPhone in November, 2019 via Google Drive:
To move the file from the MultEQ app on an iPhone to the Google Drive app.
1. Select the “” icon on the top.
2. Select the curve to send.
3. Select the “Send a Copy” option
4. Select the “Copy to Drive” option.
1. You may need to swipe to the left to see it.
2. If you don’t see it, select “More” and it should be in there.
To move the file from Google drive app on an iPhone to the MultEQ app.
1. Select the “…” icon to the right of the file.
2. Select the “open in” option; it will prepare to export the file.
3. Swipe to the right and Select “More”.
4. Select the “Copy to MultEQ” option.
5. The MultEQ app will launch and insert the calibration file.
6. Return to Google Drive, and select “Done”.
7. Select the “x” in the upper right corner to close the .ady file in Google Drive."

It is, as usual, easier with Android device because it would be just like copy a file from one drive to another.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I assume you know how to move the .ady file from your iphone to the PC, if not see bel

Each time you click the box "Add", it would give you another box to enter the next frequency, I just did an example and below is the screenshot:

View attachment 40268

I found the following method to move the .ady file from the iphone to the PC and from PC back to the iphone after you are done with the new target curve. You may know of other ways, I have not used an iphone for a couple years so I don't know any better.

Page 8 of 2
If you want to move the files to and from cloud storage, either for manipulation via
Ratbudyssey or for storage, it can be confusing how to do this. Here is one method that worked
7. Select the “x” in the upper right corner to close the .ady file in Google Drive."

It is, as usual, easier with Android device because it would be just like copy a file from one drive to another.
I’ve been clicking the add box and the entire screen goes away after I do it, idk what’s going on. I’ve been frustrated most of day with it. I’ve got to take a break from it for now, maybe I’ll play again later tonight. Definitely tomorrow if not tonight. Sucks not knowing how to exactly use these tools, I get frustrated

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I’ve been clicking the add box and the entire screen goes away after I do it, idk what’s going on. I’ve been frustrated most of day with it. I’ve got to take a break from it for now, maybe I’ll play again later tonight. Definitely tomorrow if not tonight. Sucks not knowing how to exactly use these tools, I get frustrated
It would do that you don't give it a target curve file from you iphone before you click on the .exe file. That's because Ratbuddyssey is only an user interface (UI) that allows you modify the target curve easier than trying to draw it on the App itself.

So you have to export the file from your iphone. I anticipated you would need instruction and that's why before you asked I included it in my post#293.

Once the file is exported from your iphone and received in your PC, the folder of you choice, then you can open Ratbuddssey and then click on "File", select "Open Audyssey file" and you should be able find the file with the extension .ady

The rest of it shouldn't be too difficult, but don't hesitate to ask any question. If I am tied up, hopefully @Pogre can also answer questions that you may have.

I understand the frustration, there isn't much step by step instructions for such free 3rd party software. When I first started using it, I had to ask some guys over at the AVSF questions a few times too. Once you learnt how to do it, you will love how effective it is, I can guarantee that..:D

1601326696399.png

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
It would do that you don't give it a target curve file from you iphone before you click on the .exe file. That's because Ratbuddyssey is only an user interface (UI) that allows you modify the target curve easier than trying to draw it on the App itself.

So you have to export the file from your iphone. I anticipated you would need instruction and that's why before you asked I included it in my post#293.

Once the file is exported from your iphone and received in your PC, the folder of you choice, then you can open Ratbuddssey and then click on "File", select "Open Audyssey file" and you should be able find the file with the extension .ady

The rest of it shouldn't be too difficult, but don't hesitate to ask any question. If I am tied up, hopefully @Pogre can also answer questions that you may have.

I understand the frustration, there isn't much step by step instructions for such free 3rd party software. When I first started using it, I had to ask some guys over at the AVSF questions a few times too. Once you learnt how to do it, you will love how effective it is, I can guarantee that..:D

View attachment 40275
Well I’ll mess with it tomorrow, I’m relaxing rest of night. Glad you told me that, I would of been driving myself nuts trying to figure out wth was going on. I appreciate all the help you’ve been giving me, I know I’ve been asking a lot of questions but I’m new to the app and Ratbuddyssey. If you were close to me I’d buy you some beer !

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Well I’ll mess with it tomorrow, I’m relaxing rest of night. Glad you told me that, I would of been driving myself nuts trying to figure out wth was going on. I appreciate all the help you’ve been giving me, I know I’ve been asking a lot of questions but I’m new to the app and Ratbuddyssey. If you were close to me I’d buy you some beer !
You are more than welcome. Great idea to take a break, relax and enjoy the show/music is definitely more important. Fooling around with the Audyssey App/customize target curve is for when you have lots of spare time and found nothing better to do.:D

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief

View attachment 40268

Page 8 of 2

I just read post 293 again, am I selecting a entire run I did with audyssey app or am I selecting just the subwoofer curve after audyssey was ran in the app? I’m not sure what curve I’m supposed to send to my laptop

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I just read post 293 again, am I selecting a entire run I did with audyssey app or am I selecting just the subwoofer curve after audyssey was ran in the app? I’m not sure what curve I’m supposed to send to my laptop
For now, just select the subwoofer curve by checking the box. Once you got it flattened, you can do the same for the towers if you wish.

On you iphone, you should be able to see all the curves you have created and saved.

Each time you ran Audyssey from the App, it will create a curve. If you have run it 5 times, you should have 5 curves. You should send the latest one to your laptop, that should be the one you had sent to the AVR but only you know for sure. Note: You can send anyone you want, but if you like the last one you send to the AVR, then that one should be your starting point for editing with Ratbuddsyssey.

Once the Laptop got it, Ratbuddyssey will be able to open that file for you to edit.

Be sure to give a different name to any new file you created otherwise it would just override the last one.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
For now, just select the subwoofer curve by checking the box. Once you got it flattened, you can do the same for the towers if you wish.

On you iphone, you should be able to see all the curves you have created and saved.

Each time you ran Audyssey from the App, it will create a curve. If you have run it 5 times, you should have 5 curves. You should send the latest one to your laptop, that should be the one you had sent to the AVR but only you know for sure. Note: You can send anyone you want, but if you like the last one you send to the AVR, then that one should be your starting point for editing with Ratbuddsyssey.

Once the Laptop got it, Ratbuddyssey will be able to open that file for you to edit.

Be sure to give a different name to any new file you created otherwise it would just override the last one.
Ok thx, I’ll let you know how this goes. Off topic but do you have a projector? I’ve been debating

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis