Most Precise / Accurate / Tight Sub 2022 for Critical Listening. POLL

Which of the 3 for 2 ch. critical studio listening?

• Total voters
A

auralux

Junior Audioholic
Okie dokie. Pulled the trigger on a pair of SVS SB-3000’s. I think bang for buck they are hard to argue with. They also seem to have exceptional customer service. Combine that with a smallish footprint, a reasonable weight and we have a winner.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Okie dokie. Pulled the trigger on a pair of SVS SB-3000’s. I think bang for buck they are hard to argue with. They also seem to have exceptional customer service. Combine that with a smallish footprint, a reasonable weight and we have a winner.
Congratulations gotta post when they get there! Love to hear your reactions!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I'm a fan of sealed subs. They seem to have tighter sound for me. I own 4 subwoofers but only one is sealed. The difference is more than meaningful. So I recommend choosing such a design that fits your budget.
Yeah but what models are we talking about?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
That’s a good Q!
I think so, because it does matter. Of the subs you’ve asked about, they’re all more similar than different. But if he’s talking about a one note ported Polk fart box well that’s altogether different then a ported Rythmik or monolith etc.

A

auralux

Junior Audioholic
@shadyJ really loves Arendal huh? Does the fact that the drivers both face right if you have them along the front wall not wreck anyone’s OCD?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
@shadyJ really loves Arendal huh? Does the fact that the drivers both face right if you have them along the front wall not wreck anyone’s OCD?
Sound is my OCD, after that I can live with a lot of things to achieve that good sound.

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
I definitely plan on going sealed! Just trying to pick a pair. Seeing a lot more love for the SVS subs than I expected! I always thought they were just for wall shaking bass and not accuracy. Leaning towards the SB-3000.
Mine is a 15" sealed home brew sub. It is a super performer. I would imagine the pros can do better than I can.

A

auralux

Junior Audioholic
Ahhhhhh I am still vacillating about what subs to go with! LMAO. I am guessing this is a common thing...? I think I am going to cancel the SVS order and not even bother.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Ahhhhhh I am still vacillating about what subs to go with! LMAO. I am guessing this is a common thing...? I think I am going to cancel the SVS order and not even bother.
There are a couple of rhythmik ds1200 drivers and PEQ370 amps on us audiomart for around $650. Building two cabinets or having them built will get you the 2 12" rhythmiks for under $1400.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis