Most Precise / Accurate / Tight Sub 2022 for Critical Listening. POLL

Which of the 3 for 2 ch. critical studio listening?

• Total voters
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I definitely plan on going sealed! Just trying to pick a pair. Seeing a lot more love for the SVS subs than I expected! I always thought they were just for wall shaking bass and not accuracy. Leaning towards the SB-3000.
I've owned thr SVS PB 1000, SB 3000, Dual PB 2000, dual PB 2000 pro, PC 2000 pro, and dual PB 4000's. I loved them all and still have some of them to this day.

SVS is not boomy and they are very accurate. They're customer service is the best. A great company great product. Whoever was saying these things is wrong from my experience.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Would the SVS SB-3000 be considered as “accurate” and articulate as the Rythmik F12?
Once again all of the subs mentioned above would be. All these options are great. What are your room dimensions please? It help us know how big the room is so we can make suggestions. Because you want 20 hz performance and a sealed sub is going to need to rely on some room gain to pull that off

A

auralux

Junior Audioholic
Once again all of the subs mentioned above would be. All these options are great. What are your room dimensions please? It help us know how big the room is so we can make suggestions. Because you want 20 hz performance and a sealed sub is going to need to rely on some room gain to pull that off
Not a large room. But again as I said when I started this thread, I’m in a mixing and mastering room. Very well acoustically treated. 12 1/2 feet x 11 1/2 feet x 8 feet ceilings. I always go dual subs to maintain symmetry. If you go to www.auraluxstudio.com you can see a picture of my room. The speakers in the photo have been replaced, but you’ll get an idea.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Not a large room. But again as I said when I started this thread, I’m in a mixing and mastering room. Very well acoustically treated. 12 1/2 feet x 11 1/2 feet x 8 feet ceilings. I always go dual subs to maintain symmetry. If you go to www.auraluxstudio.com you can see a picture of my room. The speakers in the photo have been replaced, but you’ll get an idea.
Nice setup! A lil over 1000 feet cubed. I think a pair of SB 3000 could do if you want to go sealed and save space on the subs footprint in the room

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I'd still go ported but that's me but the ported versions won't even come close to your size requirements

A

auralux

Junior Audioholic
Nice setup! A lil over 1000 feet cubed. I think a pair of SB 3000 could do if you want to go sealed and save space on the subs footprint in the room
Thanks! Space saving is always a bonus! The smaller the footprint and the lighter the better. I’m always looking for the “best” in the smallest form factor. I must say that I quite despise huge and heavy subs. Not the sound I despise, just the horrible thought of moving them.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I'd do the Monolith subs as their THX spec keeps all the important measurements in check but the SVS subs sure won't disappoint.

F

FIqbal

Audioholic Intern
You may also consider RSL subs. Specs do not match your requirements but reviews are excellent. All the reviews have a common theme - bass is articulate and musical.

A

auralux

Junior Audioholic
You may also consider RSL subs. Specs do not match your requirements but reviews are excellent. All the reviews have a common theme - bass is articulate and musical.
I was looking but they have nothing in stock.

A

auralux

Junior Audioholic
I'd do the Monolith subs as their THX spec keeps all the important measurements in check but the SVS subs sure won't disappoint.
All ported. Not interested in ported really. Also not into the HT sound. In a mixing and mastering room. Critical listening.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
All ported. Not interested in ported really. Also not into the HT sound. In a mixing and mastering room. Critical listening.
Make it sealed then, it still performs great. Thought we'd got past the sealed ported conversation and with their TOL sub at that. If your goal is performance, they fit the bill.

Good luck on your search!

A

auralux

Junior Audioholic
Make it sealed then, it still performs great. Thought we'd got past the sealed ported conversation and with their TOL sub at that. If your goal is performance, they fit the bill.

Good luck on your search!
I just joined this forum, so I am not sure who you are talking to when you say that you thought "we" had gotten past xyz? I have read that a lot on this forum. Weird assumptions made all over the place. LOL

F

FIqbal

Audioholic Intern
This recent thread may help you, especially OP's thoughts on his new HSU. I am biased to HSU.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks! Space saving is always a bonus! The smaller the footprint and the lighter the better. I’m always looking for the “best” in the smallest form factor. I must say that I quite despise huge and heavy subs. Not the sound I despise, just the horrible thought of moving them.
Believe me I know I just had to lug 2 Rythmik FV 18's up 2 flights of stairs they weigh 165 lbs each! :eek: Never again! ;)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Believe me I know I just had to lug 2 Rythmik FV 18's up 2 flights of stairs they weigh 165 lbs each! :eek: Never again! ;)
I understood why @shadyJ does not like lugging big subs around but until youve been there you don't know until you know Lol

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I just joined this forum, so I am not sure who you are talking to when you say that you thought "we" had gotten past xyz? I have read that a lot on this forum. Weird assumptions made all over the place. LOL
Nothing weird about that post. The other was in regards to posts on Audio Science Review forum, if that wasn't you, sorry, the wording and SVS comments seemed almost verbatim.

Again, you want sealed, plug the ports in the SVS and run it in sealed mode, if there is something strange about that let me know so I can explain.

A

auralux

Junior Audioholic
Nothing weird about that post. The other was in regards to posts on Audio Science Review forum, if that wasn't you, sorry, the wording and SVS comments seemed almost verbatim.

Again, you want sealed, plug the ports in the SVS and run it in sealed mode, if there is something strange about that let me know so I can explain.
What’s wrong with the SVS SB-3000, it’s already sealed?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis