Most Precise / Accurate / Tight Sub 2022 for Critical Listening. POLL

Which of the 3 for 2 ch. critical studio listening?

• Total voters
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Nothing weird about that post. The other was in regards to posts on Audio Science Review forum, if that wasn't you, sorry, the wording and SVS comments seemed almost verbatim.

Again, you want sealed, plug the ports in the SVS and run it in sealed mode, if there is something strange about that let me know so I can explain.
I think what's holding him back is his room size he'd prefer sealed due to space requirements. It's not a particular dislike against ported from the way I understand it

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
What’s wrong with the SVS SB-3000, it’s already sealed?
I think @everettT is just trying to save you money you usually get more bang for your buck down to 20hz from ported. And you can convert the ported SVS into sealed versions with the port plugs. Kindoff best of both worlds thing

A

auralux

Junior Audioholic
I think @everettT is just trying to save you money you usually get more bang for your buck down to 20hz from ported. And you can convert the ported SVS into sealed versions with the port plugs. Kindoff best of both worlds thing
I appreciate all the help for sure! Arendal, SVS and Rythmik is pretty much what I’m narrowed down to. 1723 1S, SB-3000 and F12SE. Open to votes!

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
What’s wrong with the SVS SB-3000, it’s already sealed?
There's nothing wrong with it IMO. Just trying to not leave any performance on the table. Many get upgraditis after getting a good sub, just throwing options out and if space is the premium, it is what it is then.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Okay my vote was for Rythmik.
Gorgeous finish good extension good output. Great all around subs Rythmik are just great

BUT!!! SVS is right there as well and price is same if you get it in piano gloss both are nicely sized for your room

BUT!!!! The best performer is the Arendal for what you want which is good performance down to 20hz. But it costs the most but if you want to max your budget which they will stretch it to the limit go Arendal!!!

Close second for a lot less money is the Rythmik. BUT the SVS is not far behind. You really can't ho wrong with any of em.

My vote if money no object Arendal
Otherwise Rythmik (I am biased)
Then SVS

A

auralux

Junior Audioholic
Okay my vote was for Rythmik.
Gorgeous finish good extension good output. Great all around subs Rythmik are just great

BUT!!! SVS is right there as well and price is same if you get it in piano gloss both are nicely sized for your room

BUT!!!! The best performer is the Arendal for what you want which is good performance down to 20hz. But it costs the most but if you want to max your budget which they will stretch it to the limit go Arendal!!!

Close second for a lot less money is the Rythmik. BUT the SVS is not far behind. You really can't ho wrong with any of em.

My vote if money no object Arendal
Otherwise Rythmik (I am biased)
Then SVS
Thank you for the detailed explanation!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Thank you for the detailed explanation!
Anytime us Audioholics gotta look out fir each other

P.S. on Arendals website they post the frequency response and measurements of the 1723
Shady did a very detailed review here of the SB 3000 so you can compare there measurements
Also data bass reviewed Rythmiks F18 it's a bigger sealed not comparable but that way you can know they are no joke. They back up they're measurements.
If you want actual numbers on the Rythmik F12se contact Enrico at Rythmik Audio great dude and he will get you the info you need

A

auralux

Junior Audioholic
Anytime us Audioholics gotta look out fir each other

P.S. on Arendals website they post the frequency response and measurements of the 1723
Shady did a very detailed review here of the SB 3000 so you can compare there measurements
Sounds like all 3 are great choices honestly! Might be splitting hairs with diminishing returns.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Sounds like all 3 are great choices honestly! Might be splitting hairs with diminishing returns.
Yes I think with room gain they will all do excellent in your room. So it boils down to price. Know the SVS has double the amplifier of the Rythmik but in that room size especially if the subs will be nearfield or close to you that's probably not going to be an issue

So you'll save a lot of money going with either Rythmik or SVS either one is a great choice imo

A

auralux

Junior Audioholic
Yes I think with room gain they will all do excellent in your room. So it boils down to price. Know the SVS has double the amplifier of the Rythmik but in that room size especially if the subs will be nearfield or close to you that's probably not going to be an issue

So you'll save a lot of money going with either Rythmik or SVS either one is a great choice imo
Wish I were more of a speaker engineer and understood the servo thing better. There seems to be some serious questioning about the validity of it coming from the main reviewer here from what I read in another thread.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Might be splitting hairs with diminishing returns.
Drink boys!
Take a drink for every post a Subwoofer Buyer can't decide between Subs.
:D

A

auralux

Junior Audioholic
Drink boys!

:D
Oh man I’d be passed out drunk under the bus by now. lol

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Wish I were more of a speaker engineer and understood the servo thing better. There seems to be some serious questioning about the validity of it coming from the main reviewer here from what I read in another thread.
Back when they first came out, the Servos were probably a quantum leap forward in Subwoofer design. A lot has changed since then and you can see in various reviews how Rythmik Subs reviewed on Data Bass compare to their comparable sized competitors from Monolith and SVS (etc.).

Same applies to the Sealed vs Ported conversation.

At this point, almost all of those issues are now relegated to myth and dogma.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Oh man I’d be passed out drunk under the bus by now. lol
;)

At the end of the day, the biggest part of the conversation is what makes it usable for you. Most Subs now cannot afford to have problems. There are no excuses allowed. Anybody pretty much can design and build a top notch Subwoofer.

These companies have to stay a beat or two ahead or they cannot survive.

So for the end user, it is a win. You have to decide on where your values lie and the usability features each particular product brings to the market. Performance is "almost" a wash.

A

auralux

Junior Audioholic
Back when they first came out, the Servos were probably a quantum leap forward in Subwoofer design. A lot has changed since then and you can see in various reviews how Rythmik Subs reviewed on Data Bass compare to their comparable sized competitors from Monolith and SVS (etc.).

Same applies to the Sealed vs Ported conversation.

At this point, almost all of those issues are now relegated to myth and dogma.
What’s your personal preference, servo or not to servo? ;)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
What’s your personal preference, servo or not to servo? ;)
See my last post. Its a wash for the most part. Get what suits your particular use case.

I would go for newer over older designs, frankly.

If money were near no oblect, the Perlisten Push-pull is a sexy beast and a half!. :p But that's another story. :D

A

auralux

Junior Audioholic
See my last post. Its a wash for the most part. Get what suits your particular use case.

I would go for newer over older designs, frankly.

If money were near no oblect, the Perlisten Push-pull is a sexy beast and a half!. :p But that's another story. :D
Oh yes, I have drooled over Perlisten a few times. Way out of budget. ;)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I think we need to clear that up @shadyJ has never bashed Rythmik. I've even seen him recommend them to buyers if that's the best fit for they're needs. But he's made it clear that thanks to the advancements in sub technology while servo tech is good it's no better then the other methods that other companies do. They ALL work good is what he's been trying to say. I think people misunderstand what he's trying to say.

As @ryanosaur said in his comment sub tech has gotten too good for any companies subs to suck. So they all perform well. They ALL are good options based on your needs. You just go with the company that checks off your boxes at a price you like is all. That could be Rythmik it could be HSU it could be SVS

A

auralux

Junior Audioholic
I think we need to clear that up @shadyJ has never bashed Rythmik. I've even seen him recommend them to buyers if that's the best fit for they're needs. But he's made it clear that thanks to the advancements in sub technology while servo tech is good it's no better then the other methods that other companies do. They ALL work good is what he's been trying to say. I think people misunderstand what he's trying to say.

As @ryanosaur said in his comment sub tech has gotten too good for any companies subs to suck. So they all perform well. They ALL are good options based on your needs. You just go with the company that checks off your boxes at a price you like is all. That could be Rythmik it could be HSU it could be SVS
I wouldn’t say shadyj was bashing Rythmik really. Just saying it was “downstream” from the likes of Arendal and that servo is not all it’s hopped up to be.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis