Monoprice Monolith 13" THX Ultra Subwoofer Review

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
So which threading did that sub utilize? I'm just cheap and would use cabinet feet for less $.....
Honestly I'm not sure. sorry about that. I used on of several that are provided with the SVS and it fit fine. You can get the SVS feet on Amazon as returns pretty cheap. They are in perfect condition

B

boothman58

Audiophyte
To better compare low end extension with the 15 could you post CEA spl chart with one port plugged? I assume one you posted is all ports open (it doesn't say).

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
To better compare low end extension with the 15 could you post CEA spl chart with one port plugged? I assume one you posted is all ports open (it doesn't say).
Yes, the testing shows all ports open. An error killed the test results for one port plugged, so I don't have that set available.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yes, the testing shows all ports open. An error killed the test results for one port plugged, so I don't have that set available.
That's some serious extension in the deep bass for all ports open

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Not a full review, but I did have an opportunity to measure the 16". We will have an article that is a performance analysis rather than a full review.
Looking forward to this mate :p

I hope you one day would reconsider or get help from a baseball team.... so there would be a sneak at the Monolith M-215 Dual 15" :D

I am seriously more and more getting into the thought that my 4 Audio Physic Rhea II subs need consideration. I think I need more cone area :) And I think it´s mostly your fault @shadyJ LOL :D

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Looking forward to this mate :p

I hope you one day would reconsider or get help from a baseball team.... so there would be a sneak at the Monolith M-215 Dual 15" :D

I am seriously more and more getting into the thought that my 4 Audio Physic Rhea II subs need consideration. I think I need more cone area :) And I think it´s mostly your fault @shadyJ LOL :D
Yeah he's good at that isn't he? :D

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
It isn't the size that matters but how you use them! ;)

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
It isn't the size that matters but how you use them! ;)
I know and I think I am doing a lot of things here
- I am using a Trinnov Amethyst for perfect integration, Time/Phase/Delay ... it all sums beautifully
There is zero overhang, really high quality bass, the deep "stuff" is there, pioano is fantastic
- I use multiple stacked subs, clearly more power and better room integration as drivers are in physically different locations, less issues with standing waves

However, there is only so much subwoofers with 10" drivers can do, there is 4 active and 4 passive drivers

IMG_0792.JPG

Last edited:
pbc

pbc

Audioholic
@shadyJ Ah, I think I just missed it on the monoprice site, looks like the height on the 13" is 24"? Assume the 16 is around 27"?

L

luis1090

Audioholic Intern
Maybe is me but this subwoofer seems to be a copycat of the SVS ULTRA series. The cabinet and port design is basically the same, different amp and driver but design wise to close.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Maybe is me but this subwoofer seems to be a copycat of the SVS ULTRA series. The cabinet and port design is basically the same, different amp and driver but design wise to close.
I think when it comes to good designs, it's not copycat so much is "well, I guess this really is a great way to build a sub".

Or it's a straight copy.... ;)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I think when it comes to good designs, it's not copycat so much is "well, I guess this really is a great way to build a sub".

Or it's a straight copy.... ;)
There are only so many ways one can build a box with holes in it. ;)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Only thing not copied is the performance this beast out performs the 3000 and 4000 pretty handily in both extension and output and even holds against the SVS 16 across some of its range

I can't wait when @shadyJ finishes the writeup on the 16 and we get to see what that can really do

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis