Mike C's dedicated HT #1

The Chukker

The Chukker

Full Audioholic
I can't take it anymore

First you have a gajillion subs, and now you have a starlight ceiling as well. The puddle of drool underneath my computer desk is starting coagulate underneath the carpet. Please let me know when you are done with everything mike, it's just too painful to visit on a regular basis.
Looking forward to the thread entitled: "Finished" by mike c
:D:D:D:D:D

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
1 month after: what can happen in a month? ... a lot ... just not for the HT. sub-contractor decides he's run out of money (spent it on other stuff) and tries to run (ignores calls and txt messages) til i txt him that i intend to spend more money chasing him down than spend the money needed to finish the HT. so in 30 days ... we have a few wall lights and rope lights. but to be fair, only a few t5 lights upfront, screen and carpet is missing. (he'll finish it in a few days)

Last edited:
M

mjfoster77

Audioholic
Mike I just went through the whole post again.... WOW man that is really going to be amazing. It's certainly taken awhile but in the end the result will be more than worth the wait. But I'm sure you just want it to be done at this point.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Looking good Mike:):cool:, couple of questions.

Outside of the subs, what speakers and hardware are you using?
Screen type and size?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Looking good Mike:):cool:, couple of questions.

Outside of the subs, what speakers and hardware are you using?
Screen type and size?
speakers: Monitor Audio RS6, RS-LCR, RSFX x 2 pairs walnut color (before the flood and repainting, the columns are the exact color of the speakers - walnut)

hardware: thinking denon 3808, with rotel rmb1075

screen: some cheapy screen ... same as the one i'm using

projector: Panny AE2000

that's assuming i finish anytime soon and those models haven't been replaced by something new ;)

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
It's all looking really good, Mike! Congrats. (Makes me wish we had the space. :()

Please let us know about the new TC Sounds sub's performance when you've had a chance to push it a little. ;)

How is the koi pond coming along?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
It's all looking really good, Mike! Congrats. (Makes me wish we had the space. :()

Please let us know about the new TC Sounds sub's performance when you've had a chance to push it a little. ;)

How is the koi pond coming along?
thanks!

re PR's: sure! i'm excited to start my build myself (i haven't bought the amp nor the MDF yet - still saving money)

re koi pond: like everything else in the house, it's forever stuck in 99% :(

Last edited:
Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
thanks!

re PR's: sure! i'm excited to start my build myself (i haven't bought the amp nor the MDF yet - still saving money)

re koi pond: like everything else in the house, it's forever stuck in 99% :(

Dang, Mike. If you ever tire of koi, you can always plop some gators in there. That's a MOAT! Nice.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
7 LaZBoy HT seats

2 40" XBR4

1 52" XBR4 ; 4 46" XBR4 ; 2 40" XBR4

Last edited:
adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Thanks Mike I am in awe. You are going to have to make a video tour for us to see the whole house when you are done. Just amazing.:D

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
with carpet:

with 4 seats (these are not meant to be beside each other - i wasnt able to bring the matching sets - i just grabbed the ones with the biggest boxes)

cup holder :)

M

mjg100

Audioholic Intern
New home

Last time that I looked at this thread there were pics of the water damage to the HT room. I had not seen pics of the house. Very nice place. Three years and counting, has this project become your full time job? Amazing place. Will you be staying in this house full time/part time or is this going to be for your father only?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Last time that I looked at this thread there were pics of the water damage to the HT room. I had not seen pics of the house. Very nice place. Three years and counting, has this project become your full time job? Amazing place. Will you be staying in this house full time/part time or is this going to be for your father only?
it's almost become my full time job because i have to coordinate all the subcontractors and go through the pics we take every saturday looking for things to point out to the contractor, but i only go every saturday for the weekly meetings on the week's failure to do stuff. :eek:

i would prefer not to live there, since my workplace and that house is about an hours worth of drive (no traffic) ... with traffic is 2 hours - which is everyday.

it would be an incredible culture shock to me because right now, my workplace is a few steps away from my house :D

so i would guess I'd be there during weekends. :)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
finally been able to bring the last 3 chairs

DIY rack for the house pipe-in music (don't worry, nobody is gonna see this in the store room)

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Looking good Mike, what are you going to do with all that spare time once this project is done?;)

How many cubic feet and do you have an equipment list?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Looking good Mike, what are you going to do with all that spare time once this project is done?;)

How many cubic feet and do you have an equipment list?
i intend to bum away the saturdays. i won't get out of bed. just bum there and rejoice in the feeling that i don't HAVE to get up.

i keep forgetting to get the exact room size, but im pretty sure its around 20 feet long ... speakers you already know = MA RS ... equipment, nothing set in stone :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Mike, never thought I would say this to you but you have a very nice RACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p:p Looks like things are coming together for you. I really dig the chairs as they add a very nice touch. Good job my friend.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Mike, that is looking so nice.... You have put in some really hard work buddy...

Keep it up.... :)

Can't wait to see the finished project.. :)

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
Mike, your HT room is looking awesome! Can't wait to see it once it's all completed.:)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis