Mike C's dedicated HT #1

B

BabelFish

Full Audioholic
can we get a pic of the outside of your mansion.. I mean your house.. :) how many acres do you own?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
acres?, it's a tiny lot that we crammed a whole lot of stuff into ...

the trees up front obstruct the view, so the pics are taken one part at a time ...
from the front left portion

the front right portion

from the rear

how about model pics?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Can we see some pictures of the star field. The theater is looking amazing.
for some reason, i forgot to take pics of the starfield with the fiber optics, cut already. I was too busy running around the house testing the pipe-in music. the electricians wired everything reversed ... positive for negative and negative for positive.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Nice house! Nice roof (I sell commercial roofing ;)). So the house is 20,000 square feet? Is my math right? That's crazy big, but living on $260 usd/mo is also crazy insane.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Nice house! Nice roof (I sell commercial roofing ;)). So the house is 20,000 square feet? Is my math right? That's crazy big, but living on $260 usd/mo is also crazy insane.
it's Shinto roof tiles. (made in japan)

yes I think that's about right, but that includes the basement garage and open areas like laundry areas, lanai, etc.

you'd be surprised that those with 260USD/mo have at least 6 children. :D
kinda makes the movie "idiocracy" real meaningful. :D

cristisabo_28

cristisabo_28

Junior Audioholic
It looks very promising.Tell me pls how long and wide is this dedicated room?

M

mjfoster77

Audioholic
Any progress made. I'm dying to see the finished room. Don't forget take some pics of the star field

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
ill be sure to take pics of the starfield this saturday.

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
AWESOME!! looking great. cant wait to view end result. :)

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Hey Mike

I just showed the S.O. your little project and she'll allow me to construct a dual home theater, only when I can afford a house like yours! Heh.. I was wondering where you were going with all those subs:eek:.

Wow... :)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Wow mike c. That's just heavenly...:D
thanks!

looks great. looking forward to pics when its done.
me too! it's been a long time coming!

I just showed the S.O. your little project and she'll allow me to construct a dual home theater, only when I can afford a house like yours! Heh.. I was wondering where you were going with all those subs:eek:.

Wow... :)
the two Ultras will be used in this one, the rest will still jump around my HT#2, PC and bedroom :)

just make sure you put your theatre in the basement, i can hear the garage door opening from upstairs and from the outside when I was living in my aunt's house in ontario. wouldn't want the cops called on you.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
It is really coming together nicely Mike, when will you be able to use the room?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
we just passed the 3 year mark last february for the construction of the whole house. im now at a point that I don't really care anymore, the target date just keeps moving forward as we get to those target dates. this house has taken 3 years worth of my saturdays, sigh... i'd burn it down but then, I'd have to construct it again ;)

maybe 3rd quarter if im lucky?

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
we just passed the 3 year mark last february for the construction of the whole house. im now at a point that I don't really care anymore, the target date just keeps moving forward as we get to those target dates. this house has taken 3 years worth of my saturdays, sigh... i'd burn it down but then, I'd have to construct it again ;)

maybe 3rd quarter if im lucky?
Ouch, you make me glad I keep my projects small in scope. Sorry if it sounds corny but you will be glad you went through this (well most of it;)) when you are finally done construction wise. Please keep posting updates.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis