Mike C's dedicated HT #1

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Are those guys Union? :D I wanted to make a joke about sending you some money for shirts and shoes for those guys but I am so impressed by their craftsmanship that I can't let a cheap joke get in the way of expressing my delight. Work like that is hard to come by. Good for you and good for them. I'm a little envious of the design though. Who is responsible for that and what species is the wood?

Alex :)

M

mjfoster77

Audioholic
Wow this is really gonna be some theater when it's done. I like the wood details of the doorway. I look forward to seeing more progress. :D

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Mike,

Just looking back on this thread, I bet you would have never guessed it would be taking this long.

So how did this flood occur? Excessive rain, or are you below sea level? Does it happen a lot in Manila? How much did you get?
yup. the whole house is going 3 years now. i have forgotten what I ever did on saturdays before this. I hate this house :eek: remember the model house you saw on photobucket? :D

though the basement level is below street level, it is not below sea level ... the only reason it flooded was the sump pumps in the sump tanks (supposed to catch the water) was never running. contractor forgot to run them ... but normally, when we start living there, the pumps will run themselves when they detect water. it did rain much those days, but if the pump would have been run, this would not have happened.

oh, and this theater isn't getting pluses anymore ... they're getting ultras :D

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Are those guys Union? :D I wanted to make a joke about sending you some money for shirts and shoes for those guys but I am so impressed by their craftsmanship that I can't let a cheap joke get in the way of expressing my delight. Work like that is hard to come by. Good for you and good for them. I'm a little envious of the design though. Who is responsible for that and what species is the wood?

Alex :)
haha, I had to look over the pics again (that's normal here) ... these guys look fine outside of work, it's just hot in that room with being in the basement and sealed in with fiberglass. though, all the workers NOT in that room pretty much dress the same :rolleyes:

the design and build is "packaged" in one lump sum, so everything inside the theater is cheap plywood with wood veneer. everything outside including the door and frames is solid narra.

Wow this is really gonna be some theater when it's done. I like the wood details of the doorway. I look forward to seeing more progress. :D
let me get some pics of the woodworks in other parts of the house, those are solid wood and the craftmanship is just awesome. though we do get some comments about us hating forests or something :rolleyes:

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Wow Mike it is really looking good. I'm sure you are now getting to the point where you just want it to be done. That is going to be one amazing theater.:D:D:D
yes I am, mostly for the theater, pipe in music and fishpond ... I consider those my "babies" (my projects) ...

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
let me get some pics of the woodworks in other parts of the house, those are solid wood and the craftmanship is just awesome. though we do get some comments about us hating forests or something :rolleyes:
for some reason, I couldnt find "clean" pics of the woodworks ... ill take some when they've cleaned out the rooms...

even the steel works are awesome...

check out the granite works...

majorloser

majorloser

I'm Jealous

Mike,

I hate you! :eek:

And I mean that with the deepest respect and admiration. :D

(MTV Cribs better be booking a trip over for a photo shoot)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Mike,

I hate you! :eek:

And I mean that with the deepest respect and admiration. :D

(MTV Cribs better be booking a trip over for a photo shoot)
do I bring out the "rented" blings? :D

better craftsmanship pics:
wood...

steel...

stained glass... 1 of a lot

of the outside...from the garden

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Mike,

Awesome house. Wow, 3 years. Think of all that has happened in audio in that amount of time. Heck, they may have the PB13 Ultra/2's out if you get one more mishap! ;)

I'm guessing you're either in politics, medicine, or real estate living in that palace. How do you find time to enjoy HT? You must work hard (or married money like I planned on doing).

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I have just been inspired. Maybe motivated is the word. Like a fire has been lit under my a$$. Thanks. Bye. :)

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
My guess, it’s the moat around your castle that is causing the water penetration.:p

Very nice Mike!;):cool:

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
WOW!
Beautiful, Mike.
I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
I'll have to plan a vacation in the Philippines;
just to help you test everything.:D
Enjoy,
Rick

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
I have just been inspired. Maybe motivated is the word. Like a fire has been lit under my a$$. Thanks. Bye. :)
Mike,

Awesome house. Wow, 3 years. Think of all that has happened in audio in that amount of time. Heck, they may have the PB13 Ultra/2's out if you get one more mishap! ;)

I'm guessing you're either in politics, medicine, or real estate living in that palace. How do you find time to enjoy HT? You must work hard (or married money like I planned on doing).
it's actually not that big ... if you notice the pics are pretty much of the same area but at different angles. and for some reason, it comes out really nice in pics.

we do have some real estate thingies, but unrelated with residential properties. :) and, this is my father's house, his money, his everything, I just had fun spending his money ... this saturday I will be testing the 6 pairs of in ceiling speakers.

My guess, it’s the moat around your castle that is causing the water penetration.:p

Very nice Mike!;):cool:
the dragons were out of stock, had to use the moat :D

WOW!
Beautiful, Mike.
I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
I'll have to plan a vacation in the Philippines;
just to help you test everything.:D
Enjoy,
Rick
the whole house floor area is about 2000 sq.m. including the open areas + garage and stuff (i think thats nearly 20,000 sq ft) and the property is only 1200 sq.m. (x9 or x10 for sq. ft.)

but yeah, i'll need some help moving the subs around!

Z

zEBBiE

Enthusiast
Think I'll dream of this tonight..

And tomorrow night...

And the night after that..

B

brulaha

Audioholic
it's actually not that big ...the whole house floor area is about 2000 sq.m.
Okay dokay...The average square footage of a home in the US? On a guess, 2,000 Square feet. Though that doesn't include garages etc. However, most homes in the US don't have a 19,000 square foot garage

Your house, 21,527 square feet. It's not big. It's ginormous!!!

Can I move into the servants quarters??? Please? Pretty please with sugar on top. Wow that is a nice house.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Mike,

What do you do for a living? :) I expect to see you on the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous someday. Wow man.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
it's the philippines ... cost of living is way way cheaper here than over there. i'm sure even price per sq.ft. or sq.m. is cheaper as well. people actually survive with a 260USD PER MONTH salary

M

mjfoster77

Audioholic
Can we see some pictures of the star field. The theater is looking amazing.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis