Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Stop twisting this. This thread is about affordable health care. A Norwegian's worst nightmare is waking up in the morning and finding out they have huge medical co-pays, large deductibles and denial of coverage.
Okay, I'll go now, let you call me a rich elitist, and let you explain things any way you want. Have a nice day.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Thank you.

And thank you for your support of Medicare For All.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Kurt, I appreciate the reply. If memory serves me right, this study was pummeled by both CNN or CNBC and FOX news last year. I wont get into or argue about this so called study, but both sides agreed it was completely flawed and an incomplete or accurate study. Regardless of what it says, when you factor in peoples monthly payment increases, copays and deductibles etc. I think you will see im not to far off base. I can say it is not the same in all states, some better some worse. But these huge increases do not align with wage increases and the cost of living. It needs to be improved upon, however I don't see that happening anytime in the near future. Peace
I don't think your memory serves you right.
If it did you could find a reputable source for the information you are attempting to defend and post it.
As far as the data I presented, this is a report that comes out annually, so if the information was bogus, it seems it would have been caught in one of the many earlier submissions.
However, I am serious about adhering to factual information, so here is a separate report published by The Wall Street Journal. It does not breakdown individual vs Family, but looks very much like the same type of overall increase as reflected by the chart I posted.
It's hard to get away with BS when you are using historical data; it is too easy to verify!

It would not surprise me that you may have read the statements you are making. What would surprise me is if you read it from a source that stands up to being evaluated for accuracy. CBB, CNBC, and FOX are all reliable sources of facts (if it is their actual news and not op-ed pieces)!
In this age of the internet, you have to develop some skill for critically evaluating your sources.

Last edited:
Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Ponzio, You cant really compare those countries you spoke of who have less than 10% of our population. They don't have anything close to our governmental expenses that we do. Plus they don't have the big illegal immigration expenses that we have( we have more illegals than those countries have for their entire population),or military expenses. Plus we give money to so called help support a large number of other countries. It's nice and great to help out everyone, but people also have to realize, all this help takes away a lot of possibilities and opportunities for American citizens. Americans have to pay for health care, while illegal immigrants get it for free.
But neither side has come up with a good solution as of yet. I am just amazed how some people think all this money is just going to fall out of thin air. You keep raising taxes on the big corporations and wealthy people, all they do is move to another country where things can be done cheaper and have less taxes. And the ones who do stay, well that means less employees hired and a stagnation of wage increase. But whatever your stance is on the situation, no one in their right mind should take anything Warren has to say seriously. She does not live in reality. peace out brother. Take care
Respectfully I have to disagree on many of the points you stated, based on my own personal experiences with the health system (bad & good) over the years and my own research.

What’s the old expression, your own mileage may vary?

Billions of dollars are being spent needlessly & wastefully but as long as the health care providers and their lobbyists have a nod & wink deal with the politicians, no one will suffer but us.

We both could both spout facts & figures and come no closer to a definitive solution but to continue down this current path is madness.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I did get my facts wrong. I was thinking of Nancy Pelosi who is worth just over 100 million. My point is how do they get so rich being a public official?
I got all heated up with the healthcare for all talk. And got my facts and names wrong
So tell me how Pelosi got so wealthy?
So let me just say that I don’t trust any politician from any side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BFD Feinstein's husband (Richard Blum) is even richer. Look at the criminal in the whitehouse....even though he lies about his wealth, he's richer.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Have you looked at these other systems? They are not free and paid for by someone else, they are supported by stiff taxation, many have premiums, and most have co-pays.

Medicare For All is a scam.
Irv, it absolutely shocks me the number of people that don't understand the FACT that there is no free ride. But with the likes of some of these misfits running for office I suppose it's no wonder ........ Reminds me after Obama got elected, wasn't there some stupid woman wanting to know when and where she was going to get her free 'Obama phone' ?

Like you, I agree the healthcare system needs a serious kick in the butt as does big Pharma, but to hear 'Pocahontas' talk .........

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
It amazes me when people clamor for more government intervention over their lives.
Can't say I have an answer to the problem, but turning over something as important as healthcare to an entity that does few things right is just plain crazy.
sad but true, I like your avatar (C7)

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Astronomical health care costs and lack of access continue to drive individuals, families, and businesses past their breaking point while insurance companies continue to soak-up billions of health care dollars as millions of children’s basic needs go unmet. Medicare has provided guaranteed health care for millions of seniors for more than 51 years. It’s time we have a Medicare for all, single-payer health care system that would end health disparities, effectively control costs, and assure that everyone has equal access to an excellent standard of care.

The time is now.

You're ignoring a major reason for the high cost- health insurers. They decide which treatments and procedures will be covered, they decided that pre-existing conditions wouldn't be covered and they impose harsh deductibles on policyholders. Then, they spend millions advertising their 'services' and show off their shiny new buildings. How much more of a slap in the face do you need?

Remove their ability to dictate coverage and reduce their profits and we'd be able to afford health care. I'm not a fan of limiting a business' ability to make a fair profit but this is one exception because peoples' health is concerned.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
You're ignoring a major reason for the high cost- health insurers. They decide which treatments and procedures will be covered, they decided that pre-existing conditions wouldn't be covered and they impose harsh deductibles on policyholders. Then, they spend millions advertising their 'services' and show off their shiny new buildings. How much more of a slap in the face do you need?

Remove their ability to dictate coverage and reduce their profits and we'd be able to afford health care. I'm not a fan of limiting a business' ability to make a fair profit but this is one exception because peoples' health is concerned.
The health insurance industry profits are nowhere near high enough to support your assertion above. In 2018 profits were $23.4B. That's a lot, but not compared to national healthcare costs.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
For me, it's simple. Real simple.

All I want is to be able to go to any doctor of my choice, get examinations done, get testing done, get procedures done, get surgery done and not have to worry about how all of this is going to be paid for. High deductibles, co-pays, high out of pocket limits, denial of coverage, you name it.

I'm not a fanboy of any politician. Really, I'm not. It's just that some politicians are waving the health care reform flag as a priority and some are not. I tend to listen to the health care flag wavers a little more over the ones that won't talk about it or even reveal their tax returns.;)

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
For me, it's simple. Real simple.

All I want is to be able to go to any doctor of my choice, get examinations done, get testing done, get procedures done, get surgery done and not have to worry about how all of this is going to be paid for. High deductibles, co-pays, high out of pocket limits, denial of coverage, you name it.
a less responsible statement could not have been made...................

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Dave, I hope you always stay in good health. Medical bills are the number one reason Americans file for bankruptcy.

FOR SALE: Dual-mono Pass Labs power amplifiers, Revel Salon 2 speakers, VPI Aries turntable, ARC LS-27 preamp, Cary 306 SACD player. All in excellent condition. Must sell due to unforeseen medical expenses. I'll even throw in my cable elevators for free. Contact Dave at xxx-xxx-xxxx

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Dave, I hope you always stay in good health. Medical bills are the number one reason Americans file for bankruptcy.

FOR SALE: Dual-mono Pass Labs power amplifiers, Revel Salon 2 speakers, VPI Aries turntable, ARC LS-27 preamp, Cary 306 SACD player. All in excellent condition. Must sell due to unforeseen medical expenses. I'll even throw in my cable elevators for free. Contact Dave at xxx-xxx-xxxx
LOL, but FWIW you got the equipment list only partially correct. As for the cable elevators...... priceless !

On a serious note I do worry or shall I say feel concerned(as to how all this will be payed for) but first and foremost 'I' take personal responsibility for my well being and 'I' see to it that I have proper medical insurance coverage. As a senior citizen I am very much concerned about protecting my nest egg. That was the point in calling you out with the irresponsible comment.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
How is my post irresponsible? Like you, I take personal responsibility for my well being and I see to it that I have proper medical insurance coverage. My point is that improvements in the current system can be made. The current system is far from being fair to everyone. I realize there are people out there in society who are 'irresponsible', but since you don't know me, I found your earlier post to be offensive to me. I'm responsible and I try to help others.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
How is my post irresponsible? Like you, I take personal responsibility for my well being and I see to it that I have proper medical insurance coverage. My point is that improvements in the current system can be made. The current system is far from being fair to everyone. I realize there are people out there in society who are 'irresponsible', but since you don't know me, I found your earlier post to be offensive to me. I'm responsible and I try to help others.
you said .........'I don't want to worry how it will be paid for' !!!!

are you really that naive ? you found my post to be offensive, LOL, get your head out of your ass !

improvements can be made, you're damn right, that I will not argue.

you stated earlier that you wanted health reform and 'needed' it, do you not have a job ? or one with no benefits ?

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Dave (Mikado463), excellent post and thank you for your kind support of Medicare For All. Together we will all make a difference in the next presidential election.

I wish you well.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Rather than go without insurance, I don't know why people don't go with a higher deductible. We're betting on the chance of needing it anyway, why not bet with money that we could reasonably be able to pay, even if it's a large amount? The premiums are a lot lower with a $5K or $10K deductible and, while it would take time to pay it off, it's better than going broke. Obviously, those who don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of won't be paying much, anyway- it's the great thing about socialized medi.........oh, right- getting half of the people to pay for the other half is why this sucks.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis