Medical Marijuana,Legal or not.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
LSD's in high doses wont kill you. Someone just has to restrain you so you don't physically hurt yourself.
I have never heard of a documented case of someone hurting themselves on it (unless they were doing something really stupid like driving), only anecdotes.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Forget "medical marijuana", just legalize the stuff for everybody. It is far less harmful than alcohol or cigarettes, which are both legal. Also, having it readily available might deter kids from turning to vastly more harmful substances out of desperation for "a high, any high."
Refer to my post on why it's not that simple.

SheepStar

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
To the best of my knowledge, somebody "jumping out a window because they think they can fly" on LSD is an urban legend. As for toxicity, there are documented cases of people surviving immense doses. What it can do is push someone with mental instability over the edge (Syd Barret being a case in point.)
Ditto,i'd love to see these cases where guys turned into superman from acid or pure lsd,more urban legend,when i was young i ate every kind of acid & lsd that i could get.

Got all screwed up by taking wayyyyyyy too much window payne & freaked out a little but never thought i could fly out a window,my trip was more of a vison thing where i kept me senses.

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
Wow, how did you guys end up talking about LSD? Haha. Timothy Leary believed that LSD was an ideal candidate for treating alcoholism, and it's gaining popularity again. Unfortunately, it's so taboo that getting grants for it is pretty difficult.

I have always believed that the real reason pot and acid were outlawed had nothing to do with their effects on health. I think it was because people who used them tended to reject the status quo, seek out alternative lifestyles, and protest the war. The government found this threatening, and thought that jailing people for the drugs would stop it.
To the best of my knowledge, somebody "jumping out a window because they think they can fly" on LSD is an urban legend. As for toxicity, there are documented cases of people surviving immense doses. What it can do is push someone with mental instability over the edge (Syd Barret being a case in point.)
I think you are right on.

As far overdosing, you need about 1000x an effective dose to approach an overdose on LSD. Using blotters, it would be basically impossible. Even if a large amount spills on you though, you might be tripping for a few days, but you're not dead.

Yeah. Tobacco is both severely addictive and fatal, but remains legal.:(
It's the only thing I know of sold at gas stations that will kill you when used "as directed."

LSD's is such a fun drug. It literally let's you hear what you see and let you see what you hear (confession, haven't tried it myself, just regurgitating what I have read).

LSD's in high doses wont kill you. Someone just has to restrain you so you don't physically hurt yourself.
Acid lets you feel energy inside yourself (like the battery you're body is .. only now you can feel it). It's a spiritual drug for some people. It gives you perspectives/see the big picture type of thing. Colors bleed, sound is very dynamic and beautiful, faces (including yours, look in the mirror) change, shapes distort, you can even draw them if you like. The visual effects seem to change from person to person, but everyone leaves with a story. There is a heightened sense of consciousness, there is a deep sense of understanding, which doesn't leave you once you've come down.

Having a sober sitter is key. Bad trips are rare with acid (more common with shrooms, but still pretty rare), and when they do happen, having a sober sitter can hault them (by just removing you from what's causing the discomfort or changing what you're looking at). As far as jumping out of a window, that's more of a PCP type of thing.

I have never heard of a documented case of someone hurting themselves on it (unless they were doing something really stupid like driving), only anecdotes.
Driving a car on acid would probably be last on you're list of things you would want to do. It wouldn't even cross your mind.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
when i was young i ate every kind of acid & lsd that i could get.

Got all screwed up by taking wayyyyyyy too much window payne & freaked out a little but never thought i could fly out a window,my trip was more of a vison thing where i kept me senses.
Same here. I always enjoyed my trips, and only quit when the paranoia started outweighing the fun. Sure I got freaked out a few times, but always knew I would recover.

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
Same here. I always enjoyed my trips, and only quit when the paranoia started outweighing the fun. Sure I got freaked out a few times, but always knew I would recover.

Interesting, I've heard that from just about everyone who has used acid for an extended period of time. After too much use, acid seems to have an increasing paranoia until it makes the person stop. Like a built in safety. I've never heard of anyone getting addicted to acid.

Mushrooms don't seem to do that, but I've never seen someone get addicted to those anyways. If marijuana is the coffee... mushrooms are the espresso. ;)

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
I keep forgetting to reply to this....

I don't always smoke pot, sometimes I cook it, and sometimes I vaporize it.
You make cana-butter and then just cook with it? Or are you an olive oil guy?

I knew a guy that made brownies around the holidays. He didn't know that eating it was a different experiance then smoking. He ate one, and then was expecting to start lifting quickly like smoking, so he thought it wasn't working... and ate more ... then more... of course after the 45min or so it kicked in and he went to the moon. Woke up high the next day and everything. Haha, gotta be careful with dosage for oral consumption, but done right it's still the safest and most efficient... especially if you like a body high more than a head high (which, I assume for muscle spasms that's what you want).

Probably stick with the Indica's or at least Sativa-Indica mixtures (like Skunk), even though they'll make you a little sleepy later on, the body high I would imagine to be ideal for you're purposes.

What vape do you have? Volcano :eek: ???:D

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Good info.

Here's some good info on whats going on right now to advance the legalization of medical mj use,the proposal passed overwhelmingly in my city which makes it use legal by city stature,doctors are still afraid to reccomend it's use until the bill goes before the state vote in november.

http://www.oaklandnorml.org/cms/index.php?name=Content&pid=11

Watch the weaseling in progress,watch legislators find every excuse in the book against its legal use,they mainly focus on costs assoaciated with its legalization,its funny to me how they focus on cost but in any other matter where they claim to be trying to help people costs are no object.

Lot's of people are working hard to get this law passed & to stop the unfair persecution og mj users nation wide,if at all interested right now the best thing a person could do is to support your local chapter of Norml.

N

NapaDRB

Junior Audioholic
While I am far from a expert on this subject, the problem I see with the state by state laws is it is still illegal from a Federal perspective. In California it has been legal for medical use for years, but what happens is even though the dispensaries are legal at the State, County, and City level, the Feds still come in and raid them anyways.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
While I am far from a expert on this subject, the problem I see with the state by state laws is it is still illegal from a Federal perspective. In California it has been legal for medical use for years, but what happens is even though the dispensaries are legal at the State, County, and City level, the Feds still come in and raid them anyways.
Not as often as you'd think,weather or not it is illegal at a federal level that does not take away a states right to make its own laws,especially laws designed to help people.

The whole dispensary issue is irrelevant to most people,med mj card holders are allowed to posess certian amounts of cured mj & they are also allowed to grow a select number of mj plants,without fear of prosecution from their city & state government,thats where the benifit lies to the citizen,not having to worry about waking up at 2am & hearing "Policesearchwarrant" while your doors are being smashed in,or having every last thing you own seized & sold, all over a harmless plant is a big win in my book.

People who do not believe in these laws need to stop worring about the federal government,its not like any of us expect them to make decisions based on facts or compassion,if enough states say enough is enough the feds will come around sooner or later, & if they dont then they'd better be prepared to prosecute hundreds of thousands of people,me included.

I'll be dammed if im putting my wife back on mood altering drugs that allmoat killed her,all for the sake of agreeing with the federal government.

N

NapaDRB

Junior Audioholic
Highfi,

Don't take me the wrong way, I agree with your position on this issue. I was just trying to point out that even if your state legalizes mj for medical use it still doesn't mean that your completely in the "clear".

You make a good point in your reply though, even when the feds raid the clubs it still doesn't affect that many people. I just keep seeing the headlines about the feds doing this in my area even though it is legal by state law.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Highfi,

Don't take me the wrong way, I agree with your position on this issue. I was just trying to point out that even if your state legalizes mj for medical use it still doesn't mean that your completely in the "clear".
I realized that from your post,when ever im talking about this issue & somebody points to the federal government as a possible prosecution point i like to make sure to point out that the federal government is nothing more than a paper tiger,they are being defeated on a daily basis on this issue & cant enforce the laws they try to force on the states.

There are some people who want to side with us on this issue but will not for fear of the federal government & their laws,i make sure to point out that it's so common place now that the only people getting raided are compassion centers & clubs,personal grows are being left alone because there are way too many.

If & when med use becomes 100% legal in my state i'll have 15 ft high sativa's in my back yard for all to see :D

R

rtcp

Junior Audioholic
The reason MJ is illegal has nothing to do with how it affects humans, it has to do with Borders, and trafficking. If Canada Legalizes MJ, there will be trafficking into the US and Visa Versa. If you want to legalize MJ, any country that shares a border with that country needs to do it to. Otherwise the mobsters will come back just like they did when Alcohol was illegal.

On the topic of Medical MJ, I believe it is legal in Canada, and MJ is also decriminalized.

SheepStar
Canada hasn't exactly legalized marijuana. There was a push a few years ago that would have decriminalized small possession and up to I think three plants. Anything beyond that would have been a criminal offense. But it didn't go through.

Recently, there have been a couple cases dismissed in Ontario on the basis that there isn't an official legal exemption from the criminal code for medicinal marijuana, and it essentially voids the entire section.

However, the last time I read up on this, there was a court case that was essentially trying to fix the legal exemption problem, which would nullify the previous loophole argument.

And as you say, there's a lot of political reluctance to even consider the idea of decriminalization due to border concerns. Maybe once the U.S. is more willing to accept decriminalization, the pressure will be on from both sides of the border.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I have not read any of this thread but I have to say:

"Marijuana is not a drug. I used to suck %$#@ for coke. Now that's an addiction. You ever suck some %$#@ for marijuana?" (Half Baked)

IMO, MJ is not the problem, it is the patient abusing their oxycotin perscription that needs to be adressed. I think addicting nature of opiates are much more of a concern than some plant. Painkillers such as oxycotin and other opiates are much more harmul than a bong hit. If a doctor feels that weed could help someone with depression or a speech impedement for example than I feel it should be prescribed.

Last edited:
highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
I have not read any of this thread but I have to say:

"Marijuana is not a drug. I used to suck %$#@ for coke. Now that's an addiction. You ever suck some %$#@ for marijuana?" (Half Baked)

IMO, MJ is not the problem, it is the patient abusing their oxycotin perscription that needs to be adressed. I think addicting nature of opiates are much more of a concern than some plant. Painkillers such as oxycotin and other opiates are much more harmul than a bong hit. If a doctor feels that weed could help someone with depression or a speech impedement for example than I feel it should be prescribed.
What a great post & one that strikes at the heart of the real issues pertaining to medical use.

Im a position to see both sides of the coin,on one hand my medical condition & pain management needs are such that smoking mj is useless for me,i need heavy medication such as Vicoden & Oxycontin,i try to only take the Oxycontin when i cant stand it any longer & stick with Vicoden most of the time,ive tried smoking to relieve pain & in my case it does little if anytthing.

My wife's medical conditions are very different from mine,she has Fibro Mialga which entails alot of pain & as of monday she was diagnosed with MS (multiple sclorosis),she receives Vicoden,Valium,Percodan & now they want to put her on full time Oxycontin,she has recently started vaporizing mj for the mild pain & when the pain is very strong she will vaporize mj along with taking a Vicoden & there is no need to take the stronger Percodan.

Her doctors think vaporizing mj along with taking a Vicoden is a bad idea but they think putting her on full time Oxycontin is a good idea,Oxycontin is a life changing drug to all who take it regularly,there is ZERO chance of not becomming addicted with withdrawl symptoms exactly the same as heroin withdrawls.Its amazing to me at the blind stupidity & carelessness of most of the medical community,even if they believe that med mj is a good thing they will not step foward,instead most stick to the age old gateway drug lie we've all been force fed for decades,the only gateway mj causes is a gateway to the snack cuppboard not herion.

Oxycontin on the otherhand is a gateway drug straight to heroin,what happens to people when their doctors cut them off from Oxycontin,do they just take asprin & it's all good,no they dont,if they cant find the drug to buy on the street it's a well proven fact that they seek out the next closest thing which is heroin.

Whats really needed here is for the federal government for once in its existince to step the f back with it's condemnations,then the next step is for the government to allow & FULLY FUND dedicated research into medical cannibas.

If any of you guy's believe in legalization of med mj then please make a stand on this issue with your local governments.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis