Medical Marijuana,Legal or not.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
The war on MJ users is total Bulls$#@. Thats it NOW I am done with this....
You have good veiws why would you wish to be done with this ?

All of us wanting to be done with stuff is the reason our government has been allowed to create these unfair & unfounded laws,in the 70's we protested the he!! out of this issue & brought it to the point where the president anounced to the nation that he planned to legalize mj.

Not until a member of Jimmy Carters staff was caught up in a cocaine conspiricy did the president change his veiws,with the political machine structured the way it is he had no choice but to back down against legalization or commit carrer suicide.

With exception of one poster in this thread everybody here approves of legalization to some extent so why be done with it,why should people be persecuted to the extreme over a drug that has been proven for decades to be FAR LESS troublesome & addictive as alcohol, so we can all sit back & not have to worry abour our collection of new toy's ?

Since ive become involved in this issue im ashamed at the man ive become,trading every ideal i ever had for the quest for a new vcr,better stereo,bigger house,then stood mute on s#!t i know is terribly immoral & wrong,all because i didnt want to jeapordize my little collection of toys.

Joe Schmoes post shows this thinking in action,grown men worring about simple things like being in the preseance of a mj user,how frikken sad is that, but not without good reason,it's because he knows how devastating the penalties are for such a small thing,a guy can be financially ruined & or kiss his carerr goodbye for being in the preseance of somebody else smoking a joint & that is flat out wrong.

If you ever want any of this to change being done with it is not the answer,speak out,write your senators & congressmen,tell them the laws suck & if they do not help change them you'll vote for somebody who will,do anything but dont be done with it.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Sorry I did't mean with the issue just the thread. I am a member of NORMAL and have felt this way for 2 decades now. I will not stop fighting for medicinal pot for people who really need it and I would rather be around someone who smokes a little ganja then be in a bar full of drunken idiots thats for sure. I just think folks on here , or most of them are not smokers and would rather not here it over and over. Hi Fi you are totally right as to not giving up and I am sick of seeing peaceful folks going to jail because of a plant that heals....:eek:

Tarub

Tarub

Senior Audioholic
... because of a plant that heals....:eek:
I don't think the plant heals or will cure any diseases. It just makes you feel better. Just like most of the medications..ie. cold & cough over or under the counter medicine. It doesnt kill the virus, it's just a relief so you can feel better and your immune system will do the fighting.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
I don't think the plant heals or will cure any diseases. It just makes you feel better. Just like most of the medications..ie. cold & cough over or under the counter medicine. It doesnt kill the virus, it's just a relief so you can feel better and your immune system will do the fighting.
Pot cant heal anything that im aware of but for the people who enjoy smoking it & use it sensibly it can be a blessing.For people like my wife it's been a godsend,ive seen first hand how it helps sick people.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
I just think folks on here , or most of them are not smokers and would rather not here it over and over.
Weather people are active smokers or not is irrelevant,most here have at the very least tried smoking mj,no gateway to heroin or meth was opened as the government warns,most are also intelligent enough to realize that all the dangers to youth that the government uses as fear tactics are not true,if it were true most of the people here would be drug addicts,broke,homeless & in prison.Imo most people dont want to discuss this issue in the open due to the stigma that follows.

Whats better to discuss ?,another bose blows thread :D

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
When I was at university there were a few people that specificly used it for studying. Their course loads were so overwhelming and stressfull that they used it to concentrate at the task at hand so they would not become bogged down with the everyday stresses of courses and university life where it effects there studies. (these same people are now doctors and engineers:D:D:D). They had so many things due in a course of a week it was hard to do one task and not think about their other courses. They found that when they smoked they felt locked into a zone where they did not feel the need to rush their work and think about other courses but would try to perfect each task without feeling overwhelmed by time contraints involved in their courses. This sounds so silly but it actually worked for them and they admitted themselves that it was their saving grace.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
When I was at university there were a few people that specificly used it for studying. Their course loads were so overwhelming and stressfull that they used it to concentrate at the task at hand so they would not become bogged down with the everyday stresses of courses and university life where it effects there studies. (these same people are now doctors and engineers:D:D:D). They had so many things due in a course of a week it was hard to do one task and not think about their other courses. They found that when they smoked they felt locked into a zone where they did not feel the need to rush their work and think about other courses but would try to perfect each task without feeling overwhelmed by time contraints involved in their courses. This sounds so silly but it actually worked for them and they admitted themselves that it was their saving grace.
No it dont sound silly,what you just related is based in fact & backed up by scientific study,ive acquired quite a collection of data on this subject in preperation for if i get busted getting my wife pot,one of the white papers i copied was of exactly what you spoke.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I remember a pharmacist that works in a hospital told me once that the most common cause of overdose they saw was from Asprin/Tylenol/Advil. I have never heard of anyone overdose from MJ.....is it even possible:confused:

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine."[6][72] It also states definitively: "We have concluded that the manner of death is accident, resulting from the abuse of prescription medications."[6][72] The medications found in the toxicological analysis are commonly prescribed in the United States for insomnia, anxiety, depression, pain, and/or cold symptoms.

MJ can be used effectivly in certain patients for 4 out of 5 of those symptoms. It would not result in death, no matter how much the patient smoked. This is very tragic for this person in this example but I think it brings light into what hifihoney is saying. MJ is a natural drug and can be a very good alternative for patients especially to their chemical counterparts witch in nature have a much more addictive and harmful effect on the human body.

Last edited:
highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine."[6][72] It also states definitively: "We have concluded that the manner of death is accident, resulting from the abuse of prescription medications."[6][72] The medications found in the toxicological analysis are commonly prescribed in the United States for insomnia, anxiety, depression, pain, and/or cold symptoms.

MJ can be used effectivly in certain patients for 4 out of 5 of those symptoms. It would not result in death, no matter how much the patient smoked. This is very tragic for this person in this example but I think it brings light into what hifihoney is saying. MJ is a natural drug and can be a very good alternative for patients especially to their chemical counterparts witch in nature have a much more addictive and harmful effect on the human body.
This is a good post & spot on,as my wife's illness progresses she's relying more & more on vaporizing marijuana for pain relief,muscle spasms,increasing her lack of appitite & cronic insomnia,the doctors prescribed her 80 mg's of oxycintin 2 times daily for the pain which is an absurd amount of narcotics:eek:,i took one & it blew me out for 3 days but they want her taking it twice daily:confused:

Friday morning she had a bout of intense body spasms that left her laying on the floor trembling as if her whole body was hooked up to intense electric current,i called the doc & his instructions were to give her a muscle relaxer,we did that & it didnt do anything,3 hours later i packed her a huge bowl in the vaporizer & had her smoke for about a half hour,within minutes her spasms diminished to the point she could sit in a chair & within a hour or two the spasms were gone,whats sh!tty about this is if we were caught holding mj or her vaporizing mj we'd both not only be criminals but we'd loose our paid off home & all our posessions from abused seizure laws.

She's back in the hospital now having problems with her pancreas & esophagos (spelling ?) & having a very hard time without the mj,i'll be visiting her today with a nice plate of weed cookies made with canna butter so she can get some relief:D.

My whole point of this post is to echo what you wrote above,every narcotic you listed above as a contributing factor in Heath's death is being prescribed to my wife as we speak & the one medication that she can use without any negative side effects or chance of overdose or death is denied to her from our government thats unwilling to give up the cash cow that mj related seizures represents for them.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
The fact that your wife uses a vaporizer with the MJ makes this even a more healthier alternative. From what I get the purpose of a vaporizer is that it does not burn the substance but vaporizes the actual thc so no carcogens or any other harmful by-products from smoking are inhaled except the drug itself. Interesting little device.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Medicine that works

I am hoping that your wife's pain will subside soon. I am very sorry to hear that she is not doing well. It is a shame that truly sick people cannot get what they need because it would cost the pharmacudical companies alot of money. I guess they just contribute to much money to the machine that is our Government........Go on with the cookies and I hope she feels better soon...
Jamie

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Aaaah! This thread is back from the dead!:eek:
Yeah it was a brain stumper for me,i had to choose to make a post in the latest high end cable thread or bose bashing thread or a thread of which i care about the issue.

For those who dont smoke or dont have feelings on this issue there are plenty of other thread topics to discuss.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
The fact that your wife uses a vaporizer with the MJ makes this even a more healthier alternative. From what I get the purpose of a vaporizer is that it does not burn the substance but vaporizes the actual thc so no carcogens or any other harmful by-products from smoking are inhaled except the drug itself. Interesting little device.
An expensive little device too,darn little thing cost us over $500 but it was worth every red cent.

Its a pretty cool device,when the mj is all used up it is still in bud form & just looks strange but it's still all there, only without any THC, im pretty sure most of the Cannaboids are gone as well.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
I am hoping that your wife's pain will subside soon. I am very sorry to hear that she is not doing well. It is a shame that truly sick people cannot get what they need because it would cost the pharmacudical companies alot of money. I guess they just contribute to much money to the machine that is our Government........Go on with the cookies and I hope she feels better soon...
Jamie
Thanks for the well wishes.

She like's the cookies,i use canna butter thats made with 2 ounces of primo per pound of butter,one cookie lays her out pretty good,i left her 2 dozen :D

J

jamie2112

Banned
I really hope she is able to be home soon with you. Best wishes to you and your family...:)

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
An expensive little device too,darn little thing cost us over $500 but it was worth every red cent.

Its a pretty cool device,when the mj is all used up it is still in bud form & just looks strange but it's still all there, only without any THC, im pretty sure most of the Cannaboids are gone as well.
I would have never of thought they would be that much. But I guess you pay for quality. I would imagine the cheaper versions of these vaporizer devices would actually burn the product and would not work as advertised. BTW I wish you and your wife the best and hope her hospital visit is a short one.

manofsteel2397

manofsteel2397

Audioholic
I've always personally questioned the government's effort to criminalize marijuana in general. I don't believe it's any worse for you than smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol, and as a drug it's one of the few from which you cannot overdose. As far as addiction goes, it's been shown that MJ is not typically chemically addictive, and as far as psychological addiction it would be placed in the lowest category as far as withdrawal symptoms go. Alcohol, cocaine, and heroin are in the highest category, tobacco would be in a medium category.
you can overdose on marjuana but only in the form of eating it then it could kill you you could overdose from smoking it too but more than likely you would pass out way before that happens... and as far as addictive goes your right only i would put ciggerettes right up there with herion and cocain and alcohol below that...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis