Medical Marijuana,Legal or not.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I think this issue as all about politics and more specifically the war on drugs. Legalizing medical marijuana would create conflict of interest and weaken their stance. When did MJ become illegal by the way, was it right after prohibition ended? It is quite sad when the government dictates what drug a patient can and cannot use for medical use. That should be the doctors discretion!

Last edited:
highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
No, but I can't believe it's been around this long.
I was sure that when I let this one slide that somebody else would close it.
Why would you think it would be closed by another mod or admin ?,way more touchy subjects have been discussed here without incedent.

majorloser

majorloser

Why would you think it would be closed by another mod or admin ?,way more touchy subjects have been discussed here without incedent.
Just figured somebody else wouldn't have approved. I don't have any problem with it. This thread has been very tame.

As long as subwoofers and wires doesn't get mixed in, this thread should be mellow :rolleyes:

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
If the %$#@ means what I think it means. O Brother. :rolleyes:
One of the great lines of the movie half baked. One of the funniest lines ever. Bob Saget is not that choir boy we all know from Full House:p.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Just figured somebody else wouldn't have approved. I don't have any problem with it. This thread has been very tame.

As long as subwoofers and wires doesn't get mixed in, this thread should be mellow :rolleyes:
See, now if a guy admitted he smoked before he installed his new Nordost wires & heard the piano player breathing then we'd have a reason to believe he really heard a difference :D.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Not legal imo
Short & sweet,much like the government,bold statement with zero info backing it up.

Can you be bgothered to tell why you prefer to not legalize medical mj or is that it ?

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
A woman on my internet dating site who I would like to meet has informed me that she is a stoner. Since I was a stoner myself for many years, I certainly can't ask her not to be.
My question is this: if she gets busted while I am with her, could I also be charged? (Would a clean drug test clear me if I were?):confused:

J

jamie2112

Banned
As long as you are not smoking it you won't get arrested. I really can't understand what all the fuss is about, forget about our crappy govt and high gas prices, taxes,crime....etc. This is a plant we are arguing about that our govt is going to fight to keep illegal because of the "LEGAL" drug companies out there that throw money at legislators and politicians. If pot were legal many pharmacudical companies would be out of business.......I am over this debate....

R

rtcp

Junior Audioholic
if she gets busted while I am with her, could I also be charged? (Would a clean drug test clear me if I were?):confused:
I am not an expert on this, but I think it only depends on possession. Even if you were smoking with her. If it's her pot, and her pipe/bong/rolling papers, then I don't think you'd be in any trouble.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
As long as you are not smoking it you won't get arrested. I really can't understand what all the fuss is about, forget about our crappy govt and high gas prices, taxes,crime....etc. This is a plant we are arguing about that our govt is going to fight to keep illegal because of the "LEGAL" drug companies out there that throw money at legislators and politicians. If pot were legal many pharmacudical companies would be out of business.......I am over this debate....
Very true.

Mj is against the law but oxycontin is handed out like candy.:rolleyes:

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
A woman on my internet dating site who I would like to meet has informed me that she is a stoner. Since I was a stoner myself for many years, I certainly can't ask her not to be.
My question is this: if she gets busted while I am with her, could I also be charged? (Would a clean drug test clear me if I were?):confused:
If she's a nice person what real difference would it make if she smokes ?

The way i see it letting the governments laws make you worry or limit your choices on who you choose as a companion or friend is a ridiculous.

Sheesh,what happened to all the baby boomers ? we werent really like this in the 60's & 70's where we worried about such trivial issues as others smoking getting us in trouble.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I watched the movie Grass recently, it is about the history of the American government's war on marijuana in the 20th century. It is a documentary piece and I found it quite informative. It looks at this issue from all different ascepts from political to medicinal use. Bias aside, I enjoyed this a lot.
Woody Harrelson narrates it by the way.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Thats funny I cut some grass today......Oh you mean the mary jane....sorry

A

audioholix

Enthusiast
In my state we have a vote comming up on the ballot to pass a medical Marijuana law allowing limited use of MJ with a doctors permission,muck like other states like California,Nevada & about 10 others.

I allready know that in my state of Michigan if the law is passed by vote it will be blocked by out government,in my state the MJ laws are about generating revenue for a cash strapped government not fairness or punishment.

Whats your thoughts on the subject,please keep it civil so we dont get locked out.
Yo! If the government pass the Marijuana law. they will loose their tobacco tax. I think they will pass once they can find some how to tax the Marijuana. :)

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
I watched the movie Grass recently, it is about the history of the American government's war on marijuana in the 20th century. It is a documentary piece and I found it quite informative. It looks at this issue from all different ascepts from political to medicinal use. Bias aside, I enjoyed this a lot.
Woody Harrelson narrates it by the way.
Ive seen the movie & it did an ok job but fell very short of telling the ongoing story,it failed to touch on the fact that anti mj laws have become big business with as much income & profit being generated as huge corporations such as General Motors.

The real fear that continues to drive the phony war on pot is the fear of loosing funding gained by seizure laws & fines levied on mj users,where will the government people work if their job of persecuting mj users is eleminated ?

A little thought & reflection shows that most laws in the US where the penalties involve heavy fines, or total loss of all possesions, will show the real reason behind the laws.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Yeah , money and prisons are a hand and hand in the political world..It is sad that so many NON-Violent smokers are being held at our "the taxpayer" cost while murderers and rapists are going free in record numbers. The war on MJ users is total Bulls$#@. Thats it NOW I am done with this....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis