Medical Marijuana,Legal or not.

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
One should also read "Marijuana Myths Marijuana Facts" by Lynn Zimmer, Ph.D. and John P. Morgan, M.D. 233 pages with 70 pages of references to studies of various types over the past century from the 1894 Indian Hemp Drug Commission, the 1925 Panama Canal Zone Report to the 1995 Report by the Dutch Government, and 69 pages of other good stuff.
Alcohol is by far the more dangerous drug around.
I would agree.

In terms of toxicity versus effective dose, for the popular drugs it's only second to heroin:

Drugs & Toxicity

It's medical benefits are staggering, not to mention how inexpensive it is.

It's social use is far safer than alcohol, for both the user and the people around them.

In low doses it's a safe alternative to common ADD medicines.

You haven't heard you're audio system until you have heard it stoned.

It's not been proven to cause lung cancer.

Extra concerned? Vaporize.

Bongs make excellent conversational pieces.... and a great flower pot during the day.

The stereotype of the "stoner" just isn't true.

0 recorded deaths. We have something illegal that has never caused a death from overdose. Take 20 Asprin and that will be the last headache you ever have.

Stoners don't want to drive, they want to chill.

Anything in excess can be dangerous or abusive.

It's not you're right to tell people what they can and can't do with their body, as long as it isn't harming others.

I've seen a lot of fighting drunks, never a fighting stoner.

I can go on.... :D

The good news is people are starting to see this. Congrasman Barney Frank has written a bill he will present to Congress that decriminalizes marijuana. I doubt this will pass, but it is a step in the right direction.

Last edited:
highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Here's a link to the MJ laws in my state compliments of NORML,the penalty's are outrageous,the way most indoor growers grow nowdays they face a $10,000,000 fine,ten million dollars is insane.

These laws are a joke,when MJ is confiscated by the police they weigh the entire plant still wet,then charge you with that weight which is not representative of the amount of useable drug,after harvesting the wet bud weight is only about 20% of the total plant weight,then after drying the buds another 70% of bud weight is lost.

The police will charge a person with having a 10lb plant when in reality there is only 2 ounces of cured MJ.

Read the laws in your state guys,if there like mine you might get screwed.

http://norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4544

P

palmharbor

Junior Audioholic
Woman steals $7 gets jail.

Here in Pinellas county a women got busted for stealing a $7 sandwich at a grocery store. Now you would think they would
just give here a lecture and tell her never to comeback to the store but they called the cops and she went to jail and about the 5th day she contracted a disease from the jail condition and was rush to the hospital where SHE DIED!
THIS IS FLORIDA WHERE.....you have NO rights.
Her name was Dorothy Palinchik 42. This happened in February

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
The reason MJ is illegal has nothing to do with how it affects humans, it has to do with Borders, and trafficking. If Canada Legalizes MJ, there will be trafficking into the US and Visa Versa. If you want to legalize MJ, any country that shares a border with that country needs to do it to. Otherwise the mobsters will come back just like they did when Alcohol was illegal.

On the topic of Medical MJ, I believe it is legal in Canada, and MJ is also decriminalized.

SheepStar
BC is allready one of the worlds largest MJ exporters,there is also a movie comming out by a life long commercial MJ grower by the name of Brown Dirt Warrior,he grows in the back woods of BC.

Ill ask him tomorrow if its ok that i link to his movie here,if he says yes i'll post the links.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Forget "medical marijuana", just legalize the stuff for everybody. It is far less harmful than alcohol or cigarettes, which are both legal. Also, having it readily available might deter kids from turning to vastly more harmful substances out of desperation for "a high, any high."

Gimpy Ric

Gimpy Ric

I would agree.

In terms of toxicity versus effective dose, for the popular drugs it's only second to heroin:

Drugs & Toxicity

It's medical benefits are staggering, not to mention how inexpensive it is.

It's social use is far safer than alcohol, for both the user and the people around them.

In low doses it's a safe alternative to common ADD medicines.

You haven't heard you're audio system until you have heard it stoned.

It's not been proven to cause lung cancer.

Extra concerned? Vaporize.

Bongs make excellent conversational pieces.... and a great flower pot during the day.

The stereotype of the "stoner" just isn't true.

0 recorded deaths. We have something illegal that has never caused a death from overdose. Take 20 Asprin and that will be the last headache you ever have.

Stoners don't want to drive, they want to chill.

Anything in excess can be dangerous or abusive.

It's not you're right to tell people what they can and can't do with their body, as long as it isn't harming others.

I've seen a lot of fighting drunks, never a fighting stoner.

I can go on.... :D

The good news is people are starting to see this. Congrasman Barney Frank has written a bill he will present to Congress that decriminalizes marijuana. I doubt this will pass, but it is a step in the right direction.
I love this guy ;) Listen, for he speaks the truth :cool:

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
I think NSAIDS kill more people each year than aspirin does.

People take tons and tons of NSAIDS for pain control, not knowing that they are destroying the protective mucus lining inside their stomach. So you end up with tons of cases of peptic/duodenal ulcers.

Aspirin has its share of annual death on the books, perhaps into the low 3 digits?:D

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
On the topic of drugs, I think we should ban the following:

1) Alcohol, in extreme overdose it can lead to respiratory depression, not to mention all cases of drunk driving
2) Tobacco, it's not the nicotine that kills you, it's all the crap that's mixed into cigarettes that destroy your lungs
3) Coffee, I just don't like the taste of coffee

Ethanol, LSD's, and barbiturates are about the only drugs that will kill you in overdose.
1) Ethanol, talked about above
2) LSD's, visual/auditory hallucinations, you can literally throw yourself out of a window, that's how most people intoxicated with LSD die
3) Barbiturates, overdose can lead to respiratory depression

Amphetamines, overdose can lead to permanent neuronal loss.

Last edited:
furrycute

furrycute

Banned
And I think we should add all those anti-depressants on the list as well.

Too many people are being placed on SSRI's, the pharmaceutical companies are raking in billions every year. And guess what, for most people, once you are on one of those SSRI's, you are pretty much on it for life.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja

1) Alcohol, in extreme overdose it can lead to respiratory depression, not to mention all cases of drunk driving
2) Tobacco, it's not the nicotine that kills you, it's all the crap that's mixed into cigarettes that destroy your lungs

Ethanol, LSD's, and barbiturates are about the only drugs that will kill you in overdose.
2) LSD's, visual/auditory hallucinations, you can literally throw yourself out of a window, that's how most people intoxicated with LSD die

Yes, let's ban LSD, barbituates, and amphetamines. Oh wait, that has been done. Never mind.:rolleyes:

Tarub

Tarub

Senior Audioholic

I think we should ban AV (audio/video)audiofile stuff.:D
1) Causes upgraditis which lower your credit score or file a bankruptcy.
2) Divorce factor- spouse doesn't get much attention anymore since we always calibrating, listening/feeling if the sub can go down to 10db and/or on the internet trying to learn more and arguing on Audioholics Forum.
3)Causes Fight over aprroval factor.
4) Complaining neigboors w/c police may knock on your door and give you citation.
5) Causes depression if you can not get the right calibration.
6)Suicidal tendency if the AV gear went up in smoke.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
I have always believed that the real reason pot and acid were outlawed had nothing to do with their effects on health. I think it was because people who used them tended to reject the status quo, seek out alternative lifestyles, and protest the war. The government found this threatening, and thought that jailing people for the drugs would stop it.
To the best of my knowledge, somebody "jumping out a window because they think they can fly" on LSD is an urban legend. As for toxicity, there are documented cases of people surviving immense doses. What it can do is push someone with mental instability over the edge (Syd Barret being a case in point.)

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
If you look at the history of certain drugs banishment in the United States, marijuana and heroin primarily, it has nothing to do with the substance's inherent properties, but rather those who primarily used and sold the drug and their view as 'undesirables' (see recent underclass immigrants) at a given time in our history.

The short story is illegalization of these drugs was used to curb immigration in a more politically correct way thus the spread of propaganda. Once this happened the government eventually committed itself to a "war" on drugs and cornered themselves into outlawing other drugs. Fear has always been a governments greatest power and this is a perfect example of blatant misuse of fear to achieve an unjust end. Also, don't forget the tobacco lobby...

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
If you look at the history of certain drugs banishment in the United States, marijuana and heroin primarily, it has nothing to do with the substance's inherent properties, but rather those who primarily used and sold the drug and their view as 'undesirables' (see recent underclass immigrants) at a given time in our history.

The short story is illegalization of these drugs was used to curb immigration in a more politically correct way thus the spread of propaganda. Once this happened the government eventually committed itself to a "war" on drugs and cornered themselves into outlawing other drugs. Fear has always been a governments greatest power and this is a perfect example of blatant misuse of fear to achieve an unjust end. Also, don't forget the tobacco lobby...

Indeed. If drugs were outlawed based upon dangerousness and lack of usefulness, tobacco would be the first to go. But it is social bigotry, not the pharmacological properties of the substance in question, that leads to something being illegal.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Certain drugs should very definitely be illegal because of their effects. These include tobacco, meth, and PCP. Marijuana, however, is really quite harmless. I also think that some drugs which are safe when used in the right circumstances should remain illegal because people use them in the wrong circumstances (LSD while driving, eg.:eek:)

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
LSD's is such a fun drug. It literally let's you hear what you see and let you see what you hear (confession, haven't tried it myself, just regurgitating what I have read).

LSD's in high doses wont kill you. Someone just has to restrain you so you don't physically hurt yourself.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis